• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS discussion thread: Please bring back the franchise edition

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Apparently none of the other inFAMOUS bois made this, so, fine, I'll do it myself.

Oh inFAMOUS... We haven't received anything in years, but, we lie in wait. We gladly let Sucker Punch complete Ghosts of Tsushima, and, you know what, that was pretty good, I'm proud of them. But even so, it makes us yearn... Wish, that one day, we shall receive another entry.

Something with more time and care than Second Son, which played amazingly as a game but had a lackluster story and characters, outside of the First Light DLC

Indeed, we wait for the day that we can return to thinking about the morality of superheroics, what a man should do with power... But still, we wait in the shadows.

Yeah I didn't want to just say "discuss stuff" because that's boring and I may have gone overboard, but it's not like we have all that much to talk about as of late

I really should have set a reminder for me to make this.

Anyway, I actually have a small thing in the way of tiny revisions being made to some files, for one there's an ability I need to take away from the Beast in the form of power nullification and I also have been talking on discord and have considered adding Immersion to Eugene's file for his pocket creation.

Immersion feels like a no brainier, it just wasn't a thing for awhile so we didn't put it on in past revisions

Why take away power null? That's straight up what he does to Cole at the start of the game.

I mean

I don't remember if we scale Resistances or if there's any basis but I guess that would be something else

Oh yeah the RFI needs to go he was clearly being heavily affected by that stuff just as much as anyone else

And another thing

In retrospect I have like, absolutely no clue of why we just kinda rolled with Class M lifting

Like, Bertrand is definitely not actually 100 feet tall. He's big but I don't think an offhand comment from Cole about it constitutes as a solid measurement

Like, he's only the size of the nearby buildings, and said buildings are nowhere near metropolitan. Even if he was as tall as a high rise or something, that's only about 20 meters, 65.6168 feet.

Anyone else notice how much Zeke and Cole's designs conflict?

Cole is taller and skinnier while Zeke is shorter and rounder. Zeke has long hair to Cole's short hair. Good Cole wears bright colors in inFAMOUS 1 while Zeke wears dark colors and Evil Cole has a darker color scheme closer to Zeke when he makes selfish choices similar to him, such as trying to use the Ray Sphere. This all reflects how Zeke is such a foil to Cole in inFAMOUS 1. Cole has super powers and hates it because of all the trouble it brings, Zeke doesn't have super powers but desperately wants to so he can have all the glory and attention those powers bring.

In inFAMOUS 2, the two still have conflicting body types, but Zeke is dressed in noticeably bright colors. This shows that he is genuinely trying to improve himself and make up for past mistakes, but the fact that his colors aren't as quiet as bright as Good Cole's shows that Cole still really doesn't trust him (dark green and white vs light blue and white). It's worth noting that Evil Cole's color scheme in this game completely conflicts with Zekes, showing how they contrast and come to oppose each other by the end as an inverse to their relationship in inFAMOUS 1. (In 1, they start as friends, gradually drift apart, then reconcile. In 2, they start out as begrudgingly allies at best, gradually come together, then end up opposing each other).

And that's how inFAMOUS uses its character design to supplement its story telling, thanks for coming to my ted talk.

I need to ask where the multiplier things come from? I know we deemed them inconsistent but I still want to see

Also, no one made a Cole match since May 10th, Nasuverse revisions will change that

Multipliers for what?

Pretty sure we tossed everything over inconsistency

The blast cores or the sewers, I’m not sure.

I recall PTSO brought up a doubles multiplier in infamous 1

Both have long since been tossed

The sewers never had any proof PTSO just kinda brought it up on one thread and then realized "oh wait this is dumb"

I just noticed the two calcs for the Beast weren’t accepted, should be get people to check those again? For some reason I recall the High 7A storm feat being 7A and brought up through upscaling

This is important because there’s talks of removing upscaling (Which I’m okay with tbh, 7A is a good tier)

7-A was the feat of him nuking Empire City, I'm pretty sure

That said did I never accept them?

The 7A feat was both nuking Empire and the storm feat, as Ugarik said to divide the calc by 2x.

Plus, due to revisions for upscaling, infamous Cole aside from beast may go down to 7A

...Which is awesome because he has so many potential fights now

You know I still don't understand or remember why the result needed to be divided in 2 honestly

That said at the very least, the empire city feat was accepted

Where even is upscaling being revised

I think I saw a thread like that then promptly ignored it

Back