• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also, something I realized after thinking about inFamous 1

Cole resistance evolution was shown off pretty well. He goes from being incapped after a long struggle from one blast of Sasha's tar to tanking several blasts of it with minor status effects (Good Cole)

He also goes from being one shot by a Memory Inject from Kessler to being able to survive a couple phantasms from him during their fight.

It normally doesn't, but it isn't impossible for a verse to augment the resistances as you grow stronger (tends to be the case with RPGs or other such things, but not only them).

True but keep in mind that the first feat occurred in the same mission where no upgrades or power ups where given (actually it was status effects that were given out in that mission)

I see it as a supporting statement for his already existing tier. No part of that statement implies that he's stronger than Delsin after all.

Well the Beast did perform the High 7-A feat way before he and Cole got much stronger/received upgrades. Plus, John had no control over his powers at the time.

@Eugene

I believe it had something to do with the unevenness of the crater and the non-vaporized bits, which included the center

@Schnee

>Rakudai vs inFamous

Pls no

Also a question regarding an inFAMOUS 2 upgrade. I'm sorry if I don't remember the specifics of it, but if it's the same problem as using near-total fatalities for the Empire City Blast, can this blast just be redone with a different formula? Unless there were other factors of course.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:PTSOXMONKEY99/The_Beast_makes_a_Big_Boom_Redux

Using the accepted result of the Empire City Blast would be 283 Gigatons. Again, if there were other factors as to why this was removed, I'm sorry I don't remember.

It was removed since there were issues with the the projected AP of the calc and the actual damage produced by the feat. The epicenter of the blast left rubble of the building Cole and John were on.

yeah it doesn't actually wipe out everything in the radius, it barely crumbles buildings at the very epicenter

DMUA said:
yeah it doesn't actually wipe out everything in the radius, it barely crumbles buildings at the very epicenter
Well, if that's the case, we can still use the default pressure of 5 psi or or 0.344738 bars which gives us 57 Gigatons. Just barely Island level+.

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 8.23.06 PM
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 8.23.18 PM

That would still assume that it would be shattering steel across the entire blast zone, when it's barely shattering concrete at the epicenter

Well, there is the argument that the blast shown on the map was made by Beast Cole since the epicenter is east of New Marais. But besides that, I'm confused why the default pressure isn't usable since it's mainly used for explosions that don't destroy walls or windows. Also yeah, even if the church is mostly intact (somehow), the rest of the city was shown to be almost completely demolished. There's even some shattered steel beams seen when Cole's gathering civilians.

(As a side note, I apologize for being annoying by constantly bringing this stuff up. Or if it feels like I'm being disrespectful, since it's difficult to convey tone over text)

shattering glass as a baseline is .15 PSI, immensely lower than your supposed default pressure that doesn't destroy windows

And indeed it was their mistake

that I kinda just said "sure fine this works" because that was several months ago when I was feeling extremely dead inside

Slightly off topic, but something funny I noticed. Despite being a relatively obscure series, inFamous has managed to start up some intense rivalries/cursed match-ups with some big names:

Vs Naruto (Beast can't absorb the boardwalk, Beast has no sage chakra gg, literally all of Cole vs Madara)

Vs Fairy Tail (Absorption debates, Death hax vs Regen)

Vs My Hero Academia (at least with Cole vs All Might)

Vs Marvel Cinematic Universe (there was a while extended universe dedicated to it)

Vs Rakudai (Cole vs Ikki was a thing)

Beast vs Madara where they tried to debunk beast saying Black holes gg in the funniest way possible

A "for fun" topic:

Does anyone have any ideas for a Cole MacGrath Death Battle opponent that hasn't been done to death. By "Death Battle" I mean a character with similar abilities and origins, not stats on this site.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Slightly off topic, but something funny I noticed. Despite being a relatively obscure series, inFamous has managed to start up some intense rivalries/cursed match-ups with some big names:

Vs Naruto (Beast can't absorb the boardwalk, Beast has no sage chakra gg, literally all of Cole vs Madara)

Vs Fairy Tail (Absorption debates, Death hax vs Regen)

Vs My Hero Academia (at least with Cole vs All Might)

Vs Marvel Cinematic Universe (there was a while extended universe dedicated to it)

Vs Rakudai (Cole vs Ikki was a thing)
I mean, that's probably because inFAMOUS is so obscure. People don't like the idea of some superhero gsme they've never heard of beating their favorite character.

It's just funny. Like, Fairy Tail vs InFamous seems so innocent on paper since Dragon Slayers are basically magic Conduits without regen, but when the match is made it quickly turned into a shitshow

Back