• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Can anyone help figure out Cole's jumping distance with this scan? I can do it myself, but I've got stuff to do before I can do it. Cole jumps from the sinking aircraft carrier to land in a single bound. I'm inclined to believe he did this via an electrically enhanced jump (due to the electricity surrounding him when he jumps), this should logically apply to moves like the Car Jump or the Detonation Blast jump.

RCO020 1465874444

Btw, about the Dunbar Beam range

Iirc, its about the same as Cole's in that it goes far off into the horizon. Like any other light beam.

Also, two more things for Zeke.

He should be given 9-A with explosives and RPGs. And maybe higher with prep.

Also add to his Intelligence section how he is able to create several missiles capable of harming The Behemoth with essenstially a bunch of scrap parts (though they failed to detonate on impact).

I'm right about to go into finals, so I probably will be MIA for the next 2 weeks. If no one has started on them, I'll get to them over break.

Fun premise I've been thinking about for while:

Good Cole doesn't die during the RFI activation. He gets isekai'd to your favorite verse through death shenanigans or the RFI ripping a hole in space or some such. RFI is gone.

What happens next? (this is not a "does he clear it" type thing, more like how does Cole adapt?)

Round 1: Cole starts off alongside MC of the verse (assuming there is one) at the start of the story not too long after his arrival

Round 2: Cole is randomly dropped off in a random place at a random point in the story (you choose when and where)

>isekai

If I could choose one genre to instantly murder I'd do it to that one

It is p a i n f u l l y oversaturated

Cole suddenly becomes extremely overpowered while pulling in every female within a 5 mile radius of his location radius even though he's denser than a black hole

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Cole suddenly becomes extremely overpowered while pulling in every female within a 5 mile radius of his location radius even though he's denser than a black hole </div>
Well, Kuo mentions that Cole is cagey around women after what happened with Trish.

Evil Cole doesn't give a shit though, since he tries to hook up with Nix every chance he gets.

"Thot slayer Cole MacGrath" sounds like an amazing Isekai

I've been trying to come up with ideas to better the morality system in a Second Son sequel. One idea I had is that while the two factions of the game (the Resistance and DEFENDER) represent Chaos and Order respectfully as their core value, they are morally neutral when is comes to Good and Evil. And while Delsin's Karma will in turn influence the faction he sides with to lean towards Good or Evil, the other faction will remain morally neutral for the rest of the game. And after the defeating the leader of the enemy faction (Celia and other) Delsin will be given the option to either arrest/apprehend or redeem them (Good Karma) or kill or corrupt them (Evil Karma).

While I really like an Order vs Chaos dynamic, I've also had thoughts about a faction based dynamic. Like, do you stick to your karma alignment ir do you help out your faction? Sure, public executions aren't really heroic, but it's being done by the guys you've been helping this whole time. Do you get labeled a traitor or do you let some things slide? Etc etc.

A lot of things on that wiki could use a citation

Also, I don't know if this is cringy or otherwise a bad idea or not, but I had a couple of thoughts regarding Delsin's backstory and the nature of his powers.

Basically, his power isn't exactly "Power Mimicry/Absorption" though that is an offset of his main ability, which is to absorb Ray Field Energy itself, evidenced by how he was able to directly absorb Blast Shards and Blast Cores, while other Conduits like Augustine couldn't no matter how hard they tried, and Cole needed to pass electrical currents through them in order to absorb them.

His ability to copy other Conduits powers is basically just copy-pasting them onto himself by absorbing the Ray Field energy in their bodies, essentially making him a living Power Transfer Device. Additionally, Dr. Wolffe also mentions that the PTD only transfers roughly 87% of a Conduit's powers, which fits well considering Delsin doesn't acquire a Conduit's full powerset after absorbing them.

And on regards to his past, I kinda had the idea that he was one of a group of artificial humans created by the First Sons (mainly Kessler, as one of his contingencies in case Cole didn't survive the Ray Sphere). However, due to a mishap, almost all the genetically-engineered "Ray Field Energy" Conduits died and turned to mush seconds after exiting their pods (I haven't worked out the details of how Delsin escapes the First Sons, something along the lines of his genetic mother fleeing with him and leaving him with a small Native American fishing village near Seattle, where the First Sons would never find him). Regardless, baby Delsin escapes and the "Second Son Project" is deemed a failure. Kessler would then attempt a different process of grafting multiple powers onto a single Conduit years later with David Warner.

Again, this is probably going to sound really stupid when a reply it, but whatever.

I actually had a similar idea.

Consider this: Kessler had multiple contingencies in place in case Cole couldn't fight The Beast. One of those contingencies was The RFI. However, it would kill all Conduits in the world, leaving no one to fight The Beast should ut survive for whatever reason. As such, The Second Son program is created. Genetic tampering is done in secret on all sorts of donors from all across the world, in exchange for money, shelter, food, etc.

The intent was to create a new breed of Conduits resistant to the RFI. Subject Zero, however, was different. Subject Zero was Kessler's backup plan. A Conduit who could absorb the powers of other Conduits. A man who could turn The Beast's powers against it. It was tricky at first. All normal subjects either couldn't use their powers upon copying them or exploded after copying to many. The solution to this turned out to be Ray Sphere Radiation. Subject Zero, known to us as Delsin Rowe, was effectively a bio-weapon. Preprogrammed to be ruthless, callous, and efficient. To be someone willing to do whatever it takes for the Greater Good. This explains Delsin's needlessly callous actions in the Evil Route.

However, Kessler hadn't accounted for upbringing. None of the people being subjected to tests by the First Sons knew what the purpose was. Delsin's parents didn't know they'd be creating a living "Plan Z" to prevent the apocalypse. Delsin was raised in a loving family by a loving tribe and that ultimately causes his actions in the Good Route.

Also Delsin being adopted into the tribe would be a good in-universe explaination for why he looks like the whitest dude ever despite supposedly being native american.

I mentioned this before but forgot to add it to the profile. Should probably only scale to David given that he was manhandling Cole when they tried to physically grapple.

Could we add it to inFAMOUS 2 Cole as justification for his own Class K strength like: "Should be stronger than David Warner at this point, who ripped out a Military Conduit's spine"?

I just love that Kessler can perfectly predict what you'll prioritize no matter what you choose

Back