• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

In What Class Does These 2 Lifiting Strength Feats Belong?

In Rambo 3 there are 2 interesting lifiting strength feats that may or may not grant Rambo a upgrade.

1st feat: With the help of 3 Spetnaz, Kourov was able to topple a army truck. It's stated to be a 2½-ton troop truck in the movie script. A Soviet army truck with those descriptions should be either a Studebaker US6 2½-ton 6×6 truck (which should weight 4 tons) or a ZIL-157 (which weigths 6 tons) i'd say is probably a ZIL-157 by the looks of it, and by the fact that it was used more by the soviet army. The purpose of this scene is to establish Kourov strength, and how he might be a problem for Rambo, we can even see that Kourov was the one "really lifiting the truck", the other 3 Spetnaz were just fodder, and most likely only have Athletic Human lifiting strength, since they are special forces soldiers. Kourov on the other hand is the guy that attempted to break Rambo spine via a bear hug, and was damaging Rambo. Rambo should scale to him since he was able to contend and wrestle with him.

2nd feat: This was done by Rambo himself. Rambo was able to pull a iron gate out of it's hinges, and although the iron gate was already damaged on its lower left side, the rest was pretty much intact.

So can these feats be calced? if so in what class they should belong?

First feat you can just line it up with our LS page to see which values fit it best. Since these are in US Tons, you need to convert them to metric tons.

Second feat, I'll need an image of the shaft that was holding it in place that got snapped. Shear strength would be used to find the force outputted.

First feat you can just line it up with our LS page to see which values fit it best. Since these are in US Tons, you need to convert them to metric tons.
Thanks for replying. So considering the fact that the ZIL-157 weigths 6 US tons and Kourov along with the 3 Spetsnaz were able to lift half of the truck to topple it, they would be lifiting at least 3 US tons right?. And assuming that each of the 3 Spetsnaz have athletic human lifiting strength they would only be able carry 681 kg collectively at most, means that Kourov was lifiting 2,319 US tons all by himself, which is equivalent to 2,103 metric tons. So Class 5 am i right? i mean it fits the description pretty well "Capable of lifting most cars, SUVs, vans, pickup trucks and trucks within the light-duty to medium-duty weight range, etc." We also have characters on this wiki that are Class 5 via similar feats.
Second feat, I'll need an image of the shaft that was holding it in place that got snapped. Shear strength would be used to find the force outputted.
I don't know if i can do it, but here's the whole scene, the best i could find was this, don't know if it's usable tho.

Anyways thanks for helping.

The second feat cant be calced, but the first can. I do know however, that it's not a 1:1 feat since IRL strongman used to do it for competition
This event was amazing to watch as these strongmen flipped over three cars like an averaged sized guy would flip over a computer desk, bearing in mind that these cars used were older and lighter than they are these days, but still weighed an astonishing 700kgs! Although these events were spectacular to watch, unfortunately this Car Turn Over Race is no longer used in the WSM or any other strongmen competitions.
Also, here is the other clip that we mentioned, showing the great Eddie Hall in the 2015 UK’s Strongest Man competition, where the strongmen had to flip a car twice. Although they use VW Polos as the car of choice, you can still imagine the strain these guys were under flipping these cars:
I forget the exact ratio, but flipping a car involves lifting a portion of the vehicle in the air until you go past a certain point, after which gravity takes over.

I think it's like 50-70% of the total weight.

Anyways even when halving the weight and accounting for the others it's still a Class 5 feat. It just wouldn't scale to the vehicle's total weight.

The second feat cant be calced, but the first can. I do know however, that it's not a 1:1 feat since IRL strongman used to do it for competition

I forget the exact ratio, but flipping a car involves lifting a portion of the vehicle in the air until you go past a certain point, after which gravity takes over.

I think it's like 50-70% of the total weight.

Anyways even when halving the weight and accounting for the others it's still a Class 5 feat. It just wouldn't scale to the vehicle's total weight.
Thanks alot. This was very clarifying. Despite being a Class 5 feat. Should this be proper calculated to be applied or no?

Back