• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

In dragonball, is ki control canon or a fan theory?

Just curious. I mean like ki explosions after a beam is fired or when Majin vegeta self-destructed. The latter has always bothered me as how can one control the after-effect of the explosion if they die to create the ki attack? Anyway, I've accepted the idea that ki explosions are controlled so as to not blow up the planet for example, however, I never really thought about why i beleive that since i was told by other fans that ki just works like that. I'm hoping for some canon reference or toriyama statement. I'm sure there is something out there cuz I doubt an entire fanbase would accept a fan theory carte blanche. Thanks for the help!

Is not that theory is to "scale" characters. Majin Vegeta used "all" of his power to kill Buu and the planet was still there. Vegeta in saiyan saga destroying a planet (bug planet) is filler. Frieza destroying Planeta Vegeta scene was used from the uncanon movie of Bardock. We got a new manga in which "YES" Frieza destroy's Planet Vegeta and is different. In all Concentrating your Ki into a power makes it more destructive i think. Yeah, fan theory.

Back