• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

In Depth High 1-B Explanation

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
Hello. Ventus has brought up something to me in private regarding High 1-B. He was supposed to ask the Staff about it but recent events have prevented him from doing so. There are an increasing number of users, most who are very familiar with our Tiering System that believe to be qualify for 1-A status, you must be infinitely greater than an infinite-dimensional structure or "Hilbert Space". Ven has told me several times in the past that this is not true. He has explained it to me that even if you are infinitely superior to an infinite-dimensional space "an infinite number of times", you are still High 1-B and that you need to be beyond the concepts of space and time or beyond the concept of dimensions altogether in order to qualify for 1-A. Basically, like 1-A, there are several degrees of High 1-B because an infinite-dimensional structure is still "infinite". Even if you are more than countably infinite times greater than an infinite-dimensional space, you are just a higher magnitude of High 1-B, not 1-A. Should there be an explanation added in the High 1-B or 1-A section of the Tier System to prevent further confusion or better yet, do you agree with Ven's reasoning?

THIS IS A STAFF ONLY THREAD. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY IF YOU ARE NOT STAFF."

Yeah, it has to do with the difference between Countable Infintiy and Uncountable Infinity. And to be 1-A, those very ideas have to not matter or exist to you.

I agree with this, being infinetly greater than an infinite dimensional structure doesn't make you 1-A. I thought this was clear by the explanations in the tiering page, the definition of 1-A literally says that it's characters that have no dimensional limits and are beyond all concepts of time and space, infinity is still a concept so it doesn't matter if you are infinity superior to infinite dimensions.

Indeed. He has stressed this but has been told countless times that he is wrong, though Ven knows the upper echelons of the tiering system extremely well. He said "High 1-B is similar to 1-A in terms that infinity no longer matters. This excludes the absolute boundlessness or 'True Infinity'."

To all users that are not part of staff, do not comment here. It's a staff only thread.

@Celestial: I don't think this was made in the Tiering System page.

To the topic, i can agree with this.

@Cross i was talking about 1-A being beyond dimensional limitations and concepts of space and time being said in the tiering, however yes it isn't said in the tiering page that being infinetly superior to an infinite dimensional structure is still only High 1-B, i think that should be added.

Oh. Your comment didn't make clear a bit on that. But you are right on what makes someone 1-A. Along with what Matt said above before you as well.

A note regarding of High 1-B about that should be made and noted on the page.

I obviously agree with this, as I thought that it was self-evident.

How do you think that we should word the note for the High 1-B description?

Something like the following?

"Even if a character is a more than countably infinite number of times superior to an infinite-dimensional space, or similar, it would still usually only qualify for High 1-B, as long as the character does not transcend the concepts of time and space altogether."

I am open for adjustments/improvements of the text.

@Antvasima

That description looks fine. Just a quick question. Is it replacing our description for High 1-B or supplementing it?

Back