• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important Question: Wiki Opinion on Verse Audits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I won't demand it from anybody else, but I can probably help out with the candidate evaluations at least.

So, what are the means by which a user can make themselves more likely to be contacted about these sorts of changes to a 'verse? I, in particular, can think of at least one such 'verse that I'd like to know about if anyone plans to do stuff involving its pages.

Imaginym said:
So, what are the means by which a user can make themselves more likely to be contacted about these sorts of changes to a 'verse? I, in particular, can think of at least one such 'verse that I'd like to know about if anyone plans to do stuff involving its pages.
Add that verse and your name to the Knowledgeable Members List. If there's a verse page, add yourself to supporters.

I have done so. Thank you very much for the information. Hopefully when the matters of this thread conclude, any steps, especially those not outlined so far, will be clearly detailed for other users to be easily made aware of.

Sorry for the interruption.

IDK if this suggestions fits in this thread, but maybe the staff should check the Knowledgeable Members List from time to time as well. That would be good for seeing if the verse in question is still staffed enough for verifying feats and stuff. It's in my opinion better than having the infos lost and we could try to encourage other supporters for registering into the list, too.

That is the plan, yes. Any verse that would get audited would get a message sent to each member of the Knowledgeable Members List and the Supporters section.

There are a few questions I have about this system that should probably be further clarified before a conclusion is reached.

Who could actually enter this position? Would it be a new staff member position? Would it be purely for certain staff members? Would regular users also be capable of entering the position under applicable conditions?

Also, how would people be chosen for the position? Would it be up to a vote between staff members? Chosen by a few select people, such as Ant?

I'm simply curious how such a major system would be implemented and how people would end up as Verse Auditors.

You could try checking the thread Dark, btu I can understand if its too long.

No, this is not a new staff position or only for staff. Requisits to be considered are kinda still being discussed but anyone can apply, but this is for literally anyone thought capable.

Not sure if we've discussed yet who'll be handling the selection.

My apologies if it seems like I hadn't read the thread by that comment. I assure you I have, it just seemed like there hadn't been discussion about it, so it didn't seem particularly concluded.

Reread the thread. Discussion of that exact topic started here.

I could of course reiterate it, but I think it'd be easier for both of us if you went back and read it.

As of right now we have a few people on board at least as a baseline. Ant and others monitoring edit counts on the regular are welcome to take part, of course.

I've one more question. All verses will be evaluated and classed into categories ? Because from my point of view, it's virtually impossible.

Yes. This is set up to work through all verses, slowly but surely. Why do you feel such a task is impossible? It may take time, sure, but unless a singular verse just can't be evaluated (I don't see how that would be possible), then this should be a drawn out but reasonably straightforward task.

I think that it's almost impossible due to too many verses for not enough competent active members. or at least we should obligatory attribute more than one verse for the members. If I understood correctly, if a verse like D&D is green, then there is no need to try to evaluate further, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back