• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: Help requested from the staff and community

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

As you may or may not know, I have been working around 63-hour work-weeks taking care of this wiki for a long time.

However, this constant overwork has impacted badly on my mental and physical health, and I need to cut it down considerably, preferably to 4 or 5 hours a day.

In order to do so, I would need to remove some part of my current workload, which currently consists of monitoring all content revision threads, new blog posts, and suspicious edits in the wiki, on top of additional bureaucratic tasks, such as recruiting new staff members and attempting to manage conflicts within the community.

As a bureaucrat, I think that it seems more important that I stay in touch with the community via interacting in the content revision threads and blog posts, than it is to monitor all of the profile edits.

However, the last part is still very important, to avoid vandalism, statistics changes without preceding discussion, poorly structured profiles with insufficiently motivated statistics, locking new tier 2/1/0 pages, seeing to that all new profile pages feature the 3 main categories explained in the standard format page, etcetera.

Hence, I would like to request that the rest of the staff help each other with splitting the workload of monitoring suspicious edits by using the following page:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges?hidepatrolled=1&limit=2000

You can open each of their profile edit histories in separate browser windows, by clicking "hist", so you don't have to constantly reload the main recent changes page, as it takes quite a lot of time.

You can also reduce the chance of doing the same workload as other staff members by clicking the monitored option for edits that you have inspected, as this ensures they won't show up in recent changes with the selected filter active. However, only Administrators and Content Moderators are able to use the function.

Regular members can also help out by reporting bad edits in the rule-violation report thread, or poorly created pages in the profile deletion request thread.

Help from the community would be extremely appreciated.

Btw: If somebody knows of a link to a page that automatically lists all of the new blog posts within the wiki, this would also be very helpful.

Of course. I'll continue assisting and working on this wiki whenever possible.

I'll also be on the wiki whenever my time permits. IF you need help with anything in particular, please don't be afraid to ask (and I'm talking to everyone here).

Well, it is specifically the monitoring of suspicious edits that I need help with, as I don't want lots of vandalism and inaccurate statistics modifications if I cease handling that part of my workload.

I'll try my best to watch out for troll edits or poor quality edits on profiles for verses I am familiar with. I'm sure the other staff members and active normal members will try their best to do the same.

Okay. Thank you very much for the help.

I usually monitor edits for a couple of hours per day but lately due to my schedule and slow internet i don't have the time and energy to do so.

But i'll try to check the recent changes every few hours.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

We are roughly 40 people in the staff, so if enough people try to help out a bit, I will hopefully not have to destroy my health to manage all aspects of the wiki at once.

@Ant

We're all here to help and please cut down on your monitoring time. The Wiki is not going to implode if you take your eyes off it for an extra two hours or more every day.

Technically speaking, i see BS happen on here whenever i take my eyes off this place for two hours. It's not bad edits or anything, just things like like troll comments and such.

In any case aside that, Rep is right in that there's people here willing to help around the wikia. We may not be always active and such but when something needs to be done such as editing or reporting or needing to address matters about anything going on here (which is basically anything from profiles to something needing to be resolved).

Other than that, i'm fine on doing whatever i can do on my part.

@Cross

I mean, as long as we have one or two admins and maybe a discussion mod available at all times we won't have a problem. It's just a matter of remaining vigilant while dividing up the work, which we've disproportionately loaded onto a few Staff members like Sera and Antvasima.

Okay. Thank you. My parents and brother are worried about me, and I have to go on a long strict diet again, which is hard to manage without significantly cutting down on my workload.

Btw: Sera, given how vigilant you are, would you prefer another job within the wiki, such as content moderator, instead? It would be very useful for you, if you are going to help with monitoring the wiki edits.

I used to be on far more than I am these days, some 6-9 hours a day as opposed to barely even being a presence as I am now... life happens. For what it's worth, I'll be sticking around as much as I can until its time to focus my attention on college...

I just skimmed below, so if this was answered I apologize But two questions One, how do I report a bad edit? Two, would it be fine to create a profile and have someone look at it to make sure it fits the wiki's standards? Profile will most likely be made in series I know about and/or series that dont have any profiles (Wakfu, Magic the Gathering, The Gamer etc)

@KinkiestSins Rules Violation Thread and there is a Standard Format for Character and ect. If you want me to link the pages for you, I wouldn't mind doing so. I do advise you to go the main page for VS Battle Wikia as all the information is there for everyone to see as some staff members has overworked when it comes to using this website so do note that for future reference.

You can find the rule violation link under the "Management" folder of the wiki navigation bar at the top of the page.

Okay, now that this issue has been dealt with, let's return to the main topic, as this is very important, both for me and the future of this wiki.

I'll be monitoring the new edits to help evenly distribute the workload. You deserve to rest Ant and to have some of this pressure taken off your shoulders. I'm happy to help.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Antvasima, we are all here to help. Granted I don't want someone to suffer from overwork... I probably will just need to deal with things as how they are now.

Also, as information to the community, this makes it extra important that you clearly state the threads that statistics changes are based on in the edit summary box, as most people who monitor the edits will likely not be aware of them.

Back