• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable standards.....but not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, welcome to my Ted talk- I mean thread. On this thread, I'll be tackling the notorious and infamous speed rating on this sight, Immeasurable speed:
Firstly, immeasurable speed is defined by having the speed neccessarily in order to move freely in linear time.
But, alot of people [including me] Find it hard to grasp, or even define what counts as immeasurable speed and what doesn't [even when the page explains it, alot of people still find it hard to grasp and such]. Thus, I want the wiki to do something simple to fix this.
Examples!! We just need to list 3-5 examples of immeasurable speed, so everyone can compare them and see if a speed feat counts as immeasurable or it doesn't. And another 3-5 examples that may seem as immeasurable speed , but don't.
Long story short: list examples on the speed page on what counts as immeasurable speed, and what doesn't.
[I am aware that there are examples, but alot of people still find them quite....hard to understand]

Well, we definitely shouldn't mess with our definitions for immeasurable speed themselves, but adding a few examples seems like a good idea.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa @Damage3245

What do you think about this? Do you have any ideas?

I think Wally West outpacing a instant transmission teleporter was one example that comes to mind. And I think I accepted a Nasuverse related feat that compared characters having the ability to hop forward and backward in time mid combat to flipping pages in a book back and forth.

I wouldn't call those examples, I thought something along the lines of:
1- Moving freely into the past or the present via raw speed [and it shouldn't be done via having the speed of light].
Or something, more like an example, and a description/definition.

Pluto's case could be an example. Though, I want to ask, are the examples really necessary as usually they get revised?
Feats themselves can be revised, changed etc...
So instead of saying:
1- Pluto's feat [or any feat from any verse]
We should say something like this:
1- Moving through time [ala visiting the past, or the future, or other timelines] via sheer raw speed or something [I don't even know what counts as immeasurable] and then, additionally we can put a feat from a verse.

I think Wally West outpacing a instant transmission teleporter was one example that comes to mind. And I think I accepted a Nasuverse related feat that compared characters having the ability to hop forward and backward in time mid combat to flipping pages in a book back and forth.
Thank you for helping out.
Pluto's case could be an example. Though, I want to ask, are the examples really necessary as usually they get revised?
Good point.

and meta cooler wink wink

I'm neutral, but I think Elizhaa makes a good point that examples often get revised which some question of examples on profile are necessary.

A good example of a character having immeasurable speed would be if they’re able to move freely across time as if it’s another direction to them just like east, west, north, or south.

Sorry for commenting here, I know it's staff only, but I made the CRT that got Pluto's feat accepted and wanted to clarify something: If you guys add it as example, be sure to tell that he does not travel in time, his feat is only going behond linear time without the travel part

What is the purpose of these two respective threads?

What is the purpose of these two respective threads?
This one just wants to list examples on the Speed page of immeasurable speed; you can decide if that's necessary. The OP is banned, which makes me think we don't need to use this thread.

Last edited:
I personally do not mind if we figure out a few good easily understood examples to add to make it easier to understand the concept for our members and visitors.

As for the OP, they seem to have requested to be banned themself.

Okay. That was not the stated ban reason when I checked though.

This thread seems pretty ancient, so I kinda prefer to close it and move any debates here to whatever a more recent/up to date version of the topic is.

I personally do not mind if we figure out a few good easily understood examples to add to make it easier to understand the concept for our members and visitors.
@IdiosyncraticLawyer

Are you willing to mention this issue in our new discussion thread for thips topic, so we can close this thread, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back