• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU brought Super Sonic only being FTL+, a claim with zero proof and that is objectively derrailing based on sheer bias because YOU are the one who hasn't provided the argument for that claim, that is factualy incorrect
Ok. Nonagrgression was debunked by me here and Ant agreed https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...r/Sonic_Advance_3:_Super_Sonic_Speed_Recalced.
Mother wisp feat https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Amelia_Lonelyheart/Sonic_the_Hedgehog:_Super_Sonic_speed is bunk, as outpacing stars is no longer considered valid justification for speed.

Ok. Nonagrgression was debunked by me here and Ant agreed https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...r/Sonic_Advance_3:_Super_Sonic_Speed_Recalced.
Mother wisp feat https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Amelia_Lonelyheart/Sonic_the_Hedgehog:_Super_Sonic_speed is bunk, as outpacing stars is no longer considered valid justification for speed.
Appeal to authority, Ant himself states he shouldn't be final proof for anything because of how busy he is and the fact he doesn't know about the verse, which is why he relies on staff, your other argument is just a baseless claim

And as I said you are derrailing with your bias

I am still against it.
Actually you know what Matt. I am actually curious on how you see this, regardless of outlier or space-time shenanigans in the rift, do you also think immeasurable speed characters can not dodge temporal omnipresent attacks assuming they are aimed for them and they intersect with the attack’s path? (Also no range shenanigans, purely speed)

For the record, my stance hasn't changed one bit. I still disagree with the downgrade.

Also, are we really just keep going back and forth for the next 5 pages or smth? This shit shouldn't have taken this long.

Appeal to authority, Ant himself states he shouldn't be final proof for anything because of how busy he is and the fact he doesn't know about the verse, which is why he relies on staff, your other argument is just a baseless claim

And as I said you are derrailing with your bias
How many times should I say it. THE THREAD IS ABOUT IMMEASURABLE SONIC. JUST IMMEASURABLE. SO IT'S NOT DERAILMENT. And you're benign biased here, you didn't even disprove any arguments, And my second argument wasn't a baseless claim, stars moving in the distance aren't considered valid here. For instance, Mega Man was downgraded from Dwarf Star cause his calc used stars in the background for basis.

How many times should I say it. THE THREAD IS ABOUT IMMEASURABLE SONIC. JUST IMMEASURABLE. SO IT'S NOT DERAILMENT. And you're benign biased here, you didn't even disprove any arguments, And my second argument wasn't a baseless claim, stars moving in the distance aren't considered valid here. For instance, Mega Man was downgraded from Dwarf Star cause his calc used stars in the background for basis.
What the **** does immesurable Sonic have to do with your incorrect claims of Sonic being only FTL? Yelling and saying "no u" isn't a point, Megaman was a AP calc, not a speed one, the definition of a false equivalency and the proof you are biased because you are trying to downgrade Sonic because your franchise got downgraded, stop with your derrail and scummy behavior or otherwise there will be consequences, be a better person

Also, sorry if I come off as completely ignorant, but can someone explain to me how something instant has a time value higher than 0? In this case, instant isn't a hyperbole, so moving in tandem with an event that takes place in an instant or less should qualify for infinite speed tbf

They have no way to avoid getting hit.
I'm sorry if I'm missing some context, but, even if they should be getting no matter what, we know they can avoid Solaris' attacks with, I don't want to say without effort, but with ease. We have to find out why that is, though, I assume.

I don't personally see this feat as any sort of outlier. Yes, assuming immeasurable for Super is solid, then it is well above what's been established for the forms as of now. But, I don't think that's an issue at all. After all, if big gaps means a feat is an outlier, then how are you to upgrade characters in the first place? Unless the feat is immensely vague, or contradictory, I don't feel it can be marked as an outlier.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I'm missing some context, but, even if they should be getting no matter what, we know they can avoid Solaris' attacks with, I don't want to say without effort, but with ease. We have to find out why that is, though, I assume.

I don't personally see this feat as any sort of outlier. Yes, assuming immeasurable for Super is solid, then it is well above what's been established for the forms as of now. But, I don't think that's an issue at all. After all, if big gaps means a feat is an outlier, then how are you to upgrade characters in the first place? Unless the feat is immensely vague, or contradictory, I don't feel it can be marked as an outlier.
I'm not arguing Immeasurable as an outlier.

The problem I have is that it's being argued that in order to avoid the attacks, immeasurable speed is required which is not the case. Immeasurability would be about as useful as finite speed here.

Oh, my bad, I should've worded myself better. The first part was in reference to you, but the second part of my statement was referring to Da_Lunge_Fish.

I'm sorry for bringing this up again, DueDate, but, I'm having trouble seeing how immeasurable wouldn't be enough to avoid Solaris' attacks. With how fast they'd be reacting, no matter when, or where the attack comes from, they should be able to dodge it somehow, right?

( Also, for anyone who sees this: Assuming this feat is solid, I know it'd grant Super forms immeasurable reaction speed, but, what about combat and movement speed? I'm unsure of if or how those are affected here. )

The issue that they run into is that sonic and the others throughout the entire fight are located within time, and if these attacks they're are dodging are temporally omnipresent then if the hedgehogs were ever in the path of the meteor's they'd be hit no matter the actual speed due to the intersecting time.

I'm sorry for bringing this up again, DueDate, but, I'm having trouble seeing how immeasurable wouldn't be enough to avoid Solaris' attacks. With how fast they'd be reacting, no matter when, or where the attack comes from, they should be able to dodge it somehow, right?

( Also, for anyone who sees this: Assuming this feat is solid, I know it'd grant Super forms immeasurable reaction speed, but, what about combat and movement speed? I'm unsure of if or how those are affected here. )
Combat and travel speed should also be immeasurable. Silver can catch Solaris's meteors with a hand gesture, Shadow can dodge Solaris's attacks while hitting him with his own, and Sonic can ram into Solaris's core from dozens of meters away before the ladder can react

I personally feel the Super forms being immeasurable in reaction, combat, and movement speed is solid, but of course, I could be missing, not understanding, or just overlooking something.
If it's okay to ask, could someone explain to me how immeasurable speed would allow them to dodge Solaris' attacks, please? I want to make sure this is solid, if that's alright.

Last edited:
The issue that they run into is that sonic and the others throughout the entire fight are located within time, and if these attacks they're are dodging are temporally omnipresent then if the hedgehogs were ever in the path of the meteor's they'd be hit no matter the actual speed due to the intersecting time.
In the revision threads for Immeasurable speed, many other staff members pretty much agreed that Immeasurable was effectively "faster than causality" and would allow characters to dodge attacks that have "already hit them" in the past.

In the revision threads for Immeasurable speed, many other staff members pretty much agreed that Immeasurable was effectively "faster than causality" and would allow characters to dodge attacks that have already hit them in the past.
My point here is that that specifically is never shown or communicated. They are shown perfectly capable of getting hit. Without ever dodging afterward

My point here is that that specifically is never shown or communicated. They are shown perfectly capable of getting hit. Without ever dodging afterward
Well, "afterwards" doesn't really make sense from an Immeasurable perspective but let's say we reduce the problem to 2 Dimensions of space. If space is Up/Down and Left/Right then time would be Forward/Backward meaning a temporally omnipresent attack would look like a infinitely long cylinder. This doesn't mean that being hit is now impossible, it just means they now have the ability to dodge an attack that would be hitting them at every moment in time otherwise.

Gameplay-wise, there's no reasonable way to visually represent what's actually going on in 3 Dimensions because trying to dodge objects that are effectively 4 Dimensional when limited to a 3 Dimensional perspective would be nigh-impossible.

Gameplay-wise, there's no reasonable way to visually represent what's actually going on in 3 Dimensions because trying to dodge objects that are effectively 4 Dimensional when limited to a 3 Dimensional perspective would be nigh-impossible.

Gameplay-Wise, its impossible to accurately visually show the fight, no matter what franchise? Is that correct?

Right. Plus, that's like arguing a character can't have "x" level of AP because, "the developer didn't intend that", I feel. Even if Sonic Team could've technically shown it off, it doesn't debunk the feat because they didn't.

I still think there are a lot of unwarranted assumptions and mental gymnastics being involved to argue for immeasurable speed. From what we are blatantly shown, Solaris only attacks at those points of times where he is fighting the characters. Rest everything just seems like unsupported assumptions that stem from Solaris being temporally omnipresent that doesn't really prove anything on its own accord, and is not supported by any other visual or verbal cue.

I still think there are a lot of unwarranted assumptions and mental gymnastics being involved to argue for immeasurable speed. From what we are blatantly shown, Solaris only attacks at those points of times where he is fighting the characters. Rest everything just seems like unsupported assumptions that stem from Solaris being temporally omnipresent that doesn't really prove anything on its own accord, and is not supported by any other visual or verbal cue.
But you do agree that with immeasurable speed you can dodge temporal omnipresent attacks right? Meaning we only have to prove his attacks are temporally omnipresent?

But you guys make more assumptions than our side. AKM literally said that Solaris not attacking in every point in time is PIS/CIS. You only claim something is PIS/CIS when you are for sure something shouldn’t have happened, aka when it’s straight up contradicted... which this isn’t.

I already said before that the hogs fighting them in only three time periods is fanon, Silver explicitly states that he would destroy them "all at once" () (6:30), which them Shadow replies that "destroying him all at once" is only possible with Sonic, the only unsupported assumption is that they are stuck in one time period in all of the fight yet they still beat him

In all honesty I don't see how what I argued in my last response is "mental gynastics", everything I said comes from a logical conclusion:
Your argument's error is that you keep assuming he was only fighting in "x" points, Solaris state of being is being temporal omnipresent, that's literally what Eggman says Solaris powers come from his physiology, not some ability he can turn off or limit, meaning that you are the one making the assumption that he can just "stop" being in all time, when the plot shows it's something native of Solaris, to add one of his attacks is firing lasers from his body, since Solaris is in all of time, so would the lasers be since they are attached to his body

Here you can see his attack is still the same in future and present
Could you adress how this post doesn't prove his attacks are temporaly onmipresent?

Last edited:
Whenever Solaris takes damage to his armor, it will show even after you switch hedgehogs. This is also true with his lasers. You switch while he’s firing them and they’ll appear for who you’re now playing as too.

I don't feel Solaris being temporally omnipresent is much of an issue. The characters, more so Dr.Eggman I suppose, claim Solaris exists throughout time itself, all at once, and do so in both Japanese and in English. We just need to safely and solidly determine how the Super forms are capable of dodging, and also hitting, temporally omnipresent things.

In terms of the past, present, and future thing, is it made clear that it's actually the past, present, and future as a whole, or is it just the points of 10 years ago, the present in-game, and the exact point of 200 years in the future?

They only ever say, "past, present, and future", in both scripts. They never end up specifying any timeframes, though.

See I guess that's the thing right, because.
If it's just those three specific points, then the Hedgehogs wouldn't actually need to move through time, which would actually explain why they needed Sonic. 3 hedgehogs for three time periods.

I believe I know what you mean. Still, I don't think they mean any specific points in time when they say "past, present, and future", because that's basically just saying "all of time", unless you were to specify specific points.

Whenever Solaris takes damage to his armor, it will show even after you switch hedgehogs. This is also true with his lasers. You switch while he’s firing them and they’ll appear for who you’re now playing as too.
That does not change what I said. Solaris is temporally omnipresent so the first part is no surprise. And the second part will also be true because he is fighting them all at different points in time.

But you guys make more assumptions than our side.
That's not true. We are only going by what is shown, while you are making an assumption that puts the character at the highest speed. You need more convincing evidence than that.

Silver explicitly states that he would destroy them "all at once"
Yes, explicitly states that they will destroy Solaris in past, present and future, three hedgehogs, three points in time. How is that different than what I am saying?

meaning that you are the one making the assumption that he can just "stop" being in all time, when the plot shows it's something native of Solaris, to add one of his attacks is firing lasers from his body, since Solaris is in all of time, so would the lasers be since they are attached to his body
This is an assumption. Just because he is in all times doesn't mean he is firing lasers in all time. Prove it. Show evidence. Don't assume. From what we see, this is only true for the three points in time when he is fighting the hedgehogs. If your assumption was right, we would have seen the meteor as a straight line.

If your assumption was right, we would have seen the meteor as a straight line.
If his assumption were right, then the hedgehogs and Solaris would have immeasurable speed and be fast enough to not see a straight line.

It does seem like we’re kinda stuck on this point. So why don’t we switch to Solaris’ core? My argument is basically that Solaris phase 2’s body would be an impenetrable cylinder with the core in the middle, the moment he decides to turn around. Thus the hedgehogs need to have immeasurable speed to defeat Solaris before his temporal omnipresence sets in (after turning around in the past for instance) which would make him impossible to defeat (since you need to hit his core multiple times to defeat him).

Last edited:
make an assumption.
make another assumption so that the first assumption makes sense.
get the highest speed for the character.

Like I said, you need more conclusive and direct evidence for such a speed rating. It seems that every staff member who came on the thread agrees that immeasurable speed due to this is wrong, and the thread is already at page 6 with arguments repeating. Doesn't look like anything will happen at this point. I think it's best to drop this topic and close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back