• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable Lifting Strength Dragon Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't. If Ultima disagrees he can reopen the thread, a mere LS Thread doesn't have to be on hold. It has enough staff approval and Ultima is not free for months.
No we don't, wr have 1 agree by griffin and 1 disagree by DDM based oj ultima rejecting this before hand, we need at least 2 aprovals luckily we will not have to wait for ultima

We don't. If Ultima disagrees he can reopen the thread, a mere LS Thread doesn't have to be on hold. It has enough staff approval and Ultima is not free for months.
Could you get more staff to evaluate this then?
First time? :D

Alien x wait almost a month for ultima btw
Sadly not my first time but last time didn’t show up for the CoT crt

No we don't, wr have 1 agree by griffin and 1 disagree by DDM based oj ultima rejecting this before hand, we need at least 2 aprovals luckily we will not have to wait for ultima
It was moreso DDM telling us that Ultima said it didn’t qualify but he didn’t really disagree but if he can give a more confirmative answer then It’d be fine

So, I don't know a whole lot about Dragon Ball, and so I don't know a whole lot of the context surrounding Infinite Zamasu or the details around him "merging with the fabric of space/time". I would like a knowledgeable member on the verse to check up on this thread and validate the specific claims made.

But assuming what's laid out here is all correct, this change doesn't look contentious. By our very standards, if the actual form of a being is higher dimensional (which I'd assume is already agreed upon, given that Infinite Zamasu has HDE on their profile), they would have to have Immeasurable lifting strength. You can just follow through the definitions of each term step-by-step to explain why; we list something as "immeasurable" if the statistic (i.e.: speed/lifting strength) can't be measured with traditional means due to our metrics (i.e.: distance/weight) being based on 3-D space, with the statistic for the character accounting for higher dimensional variables. If someone's body is 4th dimensional, it stands they can lift things on a 4th dimensional scale, which our metrics for lifting strength can't measure. Therefore, their lifting strength is "immeasurable".

I see no issue with this change, though I'll reiterate that I would like more input from knowledgeable members.

I disagree on the premise that the wording in the quoted standard is sloppy and nonsensical, needing to be changed.

Let's use an allegory so we can all keep up: Being 4th dimensional doesn't mean lifting 4th dimensional things, just like being a mountain doesn't mean one can lift another mountain, and while a "mountain body" holds its own weight against gravity, a 4th dimensional thing doesn't have an opposing force against it, "it floats", so to speak. Following this allegory used as an example, Zamasu isn't someone who turned into a mountain & can now walk around as such, he turned into a mountain & he stays there in place, he can make other mountains become himself too but they would likewise stay there in place. Him being the universe & 4D sounds super f*cking impressive, sure, but that's not to forget what he can or can't do, and not all characters with this characteristics are built the same.

I can see where Eficiente is coming from, Infinite Zamasu doesn't even have arms to lift something, the requirements needed to get Immeasurable lifting strength are just bad.

I mean I can gladly put this thread on hold or close it if there is a thread to change the standards.
That's hard to change because there is no such thing as immeasurable mass to lift anyway but only timeline or multiverse, so it will cause hell of characters getting downgraded to non Existence as they have never lift universe or multiverse despite being qualitative superior to that or R>F. A more correct wording is kinda...

If Zamasu qualifies for the current standards then he qualifies if the standards you want to put him to isn’t what we accept then that’s not really a logical reason to disagree and he technically did move anyways depending on what you consider moving

Zamasu made a ripple affect when he was attakced but he wasn’t injured from it
Zamasu shot out attacks from his mouth and his facial expressions were changing
Also his faces were moving throughout space but that could be considered growth

But I still feel like that’s not a logical reason to disagree if his justification literally fits our standards

But as it is simply disagreeing because the standards need changing doesn't seem adequate enough IMO. There should atleast be an ongoing thread.
Yep, this is true.

@Eficiente Are you willing to make a thread changing the Immeasurable standards? Or are you okay with the revision continuing normally for now?

Just saying this will be the 4th time site standards have changed or were discussed partly or directly due to a Dragon-ball CRT (that I'm aware of). Not a good way of proving the VSBW naysayers wrong while trying to assure the Dragon-ball supporters they're not being singled out or maliciously targeted (not saying they are but seeing the history will only convince them otherwise and cause further drama in the future).

For it's worth I agree with IZ getting immeasurable LS FRA plus can please get out of the mentality of depending on a single staff member on deciding if a CRT passes or not? (like some all knowing arbiter), It's not a healthy practice for all parties involved and is a sure fire way of dragging out a CRT longer than it needs to be.

That's all.

Just saying this will be the 4th time site standards have changed or were discussed partly or directly due to a Dragon-ball CRT (that I'm aware of). Not a good way of proving the VSBW naysayers wrong while trying to assure the Dragon-ball supporters they're not being singled out or maliciously targeted (not saying they are but seeing the history will only convince them otherwise and cause further drama in the future).

For it's worth I agree with IZ getting immeasurable LS FRA plus can please get out of the mentality of depending on a single staff member on deciding if a CRT passes or not? (like some all knowing arbiter), It's not a healthy practice for all parties involved and is a sure fire way of dragging out a CRT longer than it needs to be.

That's all.
I agree

That's all.
I guess but we‘d need another staff agree to neutral out his disagree I kinda find it ridiculous that the disagreement is due to bias and not site standards since this meets the requirements via the standards of the site

Also we’ll need a knowledgeable staff to explain IZ merging with the universe since Dark Grath wants to make sure he did which is fine

I agree with the upgrade, but I do think the standards are kinda stupid. Being of a certain size and then “floating“ in some kind of medium does not have to mean the LS scales to it. Take for example, the whale. In the same way, just being a 4-D object does not have to mean you could lift yourself.

I agree with the upgrade, but I do think the standards are kinda stupid. Being of a certain size and then “floating“ in some kind of medium does not have to mean the LS scales to it. Take for example, the whale. In the same way, just being a 4-D object does not have to mean you could lift yourself.
To add, land animals can support their weight because they have to, there’s nothing supporting it for them like water. IZ isn’t one of these, and has no feats, so imo, there really isn’t a reason to assume he has this strength

@Eficiente Are you willing to make a thread changing the Immeasurable standards? Or are you okay with the revision continuing normally for now?
Here it is.
His justification fits our current standards. Don't like our current standards? Change them yourself. That simple
Well, by experience this is really not the attitude in which I would want to approach situations like this, personally.

Even if being a timeline "doesn't mean you can lift one", dude is still a ******* 4D construct ffs his LS would still be immeasurable as it is quantitatively superior to anything 3D including infinite LS.

Unless you wanna argue a inf. LS dude could overpower wallpaper Zamasu.

Even if being a timeline "doesn't mean you can lift one", dude is still a ******* 4D construct ffs his LS would still be immeasurable as it is quantitatively superior to anything 3D including infinite LS.

Unless you wanna argue a inf. LS dude could overpower wallpaper Zamasu.
You can be higher dimensional and still be weaker than a 3D being

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back