• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Imbalanced World RP: Thread 1

Having de-summoned his lesser demons, Jirah kept his distance from the rest of the group as he watched them interact with the guards.

One of the guards approached Dies, Jirah was still out of sight of them.

"What are you all doing out here? You'll get attacked by demons hanging around out here."

"Well, that's awfully rude. If you have business in the town, go ahead, we're only supposed to watch for demons, just don't cause any trouble." The guard replies.

The town had several wooden buildings, what appeared to be a tavern, an inn and a bulletin board, the town seemed to be an area where mercenaries often stopped by, in the distance a river could be seen, as well as the entrance to a forest.

The guards had become distracted by a bird passing by and as such didn't notice the enormous demon sneaking into the town, the townspeople, however, did notice and began screaming in terror.

Dies completly ignores the screaming and panicking town people and walks over to look at the bulletin board. "Sit scriptor videre quid habemus hic..." She says.

The board has many job offers on it, most of them mundane things like carrying grain or working on a field, a few offers catch her eye. These go as follows:

Eliminate the demon prowling the forest (From the local Mercenary guild)

Take down the encampment of soldiers west of the town (From the town mayor)

Investigate the strange noise coming from under the river (From "A concerned citizen")

The terrified townspeople have run inside their houses, a trembling man with a sword approaches Jirah and attempts to swing at him. "I'll take you down d-d-demon!"

Jirah stepped back from the man trying to hurt him, dodging the swing as he snarled threateningly at the human.

The man fell over from his failed swing and looked on in fear. "You're not g-g-going to k-kill me?"

Jirah simply huffed at the man, before turning and moving to rejoin the others. Humans could be so easily frightened sometimes...

The offer says: "There have been unusual hissing and whistling noises coming from the bottom of the nearby river the past few months, I would like someone to investigate them and take care of anything threatening they might find, you will be compensated depending on what is found, starting at 30 silver coins. Once the job is done, ask for Jonathan at the tavern"

In the time that's passed, Patricia has walked across some of the field and sees a road that seems to lead to the city, the city is still quite far away.

The gloominess being absorbed combined with Jirah not attacking anyone causes the citizens to come out of their homes, they look at Jirah with suspicion, but not terror, as most lesser demons would have attacked by now.

The Divine Phoenix said:
The board has many job offers on it, most of them mundane things like carrying grain or working on a field, a few offers catch her eye. These go as follows:
Eliminate the demon prowling the forest (From the local Mercenary guild)
Killing demons for money, that sounds intriguing.

I take a closer look at the quest's details.

The river was deep and had an old stone bridge going across it leading to a road. An unusual screeching could be heard from below the bridge.

The demon assignment goes as follows:

A large, thin, humanoid demon has been prowling the forest near the town and has killed several men who attempted to go take it down, bring the head of the demon to the eastern house of the town and you will be rewarded 3 gold.

The screeching briefly gets louder in response to Dies, something can also be heard skittering around, but then goes back to normal.

Jirah let out a low growl as he neared the bridge, letting out a threatening snarl to whatever was under the bridge.

The screeching quiets down in response to Jirah's snarl, more skittering can be heard.

Meanwhile, in the tavern, Alexander hears some people discussing the unusual creature that had just appeared in town as well as some that are concerned about the unusual sounds coming from the bridge. A muscular man approached Alexander and struck up a conversation with him.

"You new around here? I'm a Mercenary, stop by here sometimes to rest. Some people here are talking about some weird creature they saw strutting around town, you know anything about that?"

I, like the brash and bold man i am, decided to take on this thin demon solo.

What a good job offer i have here, just gotta kill a starved demon.

I then start running my way to the forest.

"Yeah I new, and I saw it when I came in, its like nothing I've ever seen before, luckly it didn't seem aggresive but with things like that who knows when it will attack."

"Not aggressive huh? Well that's less trouble for us to deal with, I suppose. People around here have been worried about that military encampment that just got set up nearby, they're thinking someone's gonna try and take this place over, I've been thinking of going and taking care of that myself, wanna come with?"

Dies call out to the thing under the bridge. "Come on oout, we won't huurt you~!" She says. "Ego iacentem." She then says plainly.

The muscular man pats you on the back, it hurts slightly. "Alright, let's go, I've been wanting a fight all day and now I've got someone to back me up!" He walks out of the tavern and begins heading towards the encampment west of town.

Back