• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm permanently leaving.

I should've did this so long ago. I won't be surprised if a select few will shout for joy, but I realized just how... broken I truly am. Being in this community, I am just not mentally ready. The underones and heavy implications that 'power is everything' truly morphed my mind to the point I know many don't agree with that being a true thing, but... It has truly turned me into something terrible. I can truly no longer differentiate between powers and character. To the point I make outlandish claims about power just to have my character reach a higher tier because I could no longer stand them being of lower power, as I compared that with character. I've tried so many times, doing so many things, even mental self-degrading constantly for years, trying to find a solution, but this is the only one I haven't tried. If this fails... I'm honestly unsure what to do. I'm sorry to everyone I've upset in this community, sorry to every single debate team I've been across that has met me. I have left no good marks here, and anyone who says so, I honestly will doubt to the end of the world. But, thank you for accepting me regardless of my faults.

Goodbye.

I do agree, and think, that an excessive amount of thought character’s power can manipulate how you feel about said character - it’s experienced it myself, personally, and from a bystanders pov. I would be lying to say I’m completely immune to it now. Alas, that’s simply the power of interpretations. A lot of interpretations can become stained with malice, such as downgrading an entire verse because your character lost a match, or upgrading a character to get them to stomp a verse you aren’t a fan of.

I don’t know, or can even say if I’ve participated in this, as I’ve always felt like I upgraded the verses I did because, well - I like them. I’ve hoped I’ve reached a point between not wanting to shoot my favorite characters up to boundless because I liked them, but similarly not storming into a downgrade because I like them and don’t want to see them weak.

I also feel that there’s no shame in liking a character, something that seems to be demonized here when upgrades & downgraded are proposed, or bias, as it’s called. It’s a very thin, invisible line of thinking I believe it’s hard to reach, and harder to master. As long as you don’t let it consume you.

Farewell.

Thank you all for coming here, though.

The Saddest thing in the World to me... This exact same philosophy could be found in one other well-known content creator, which people have compared me and stuff I have made too, and only now did I realize... Lionel Suggs. After all this time, I realized, he was a victim of the same thing as me. Me and him truly aren't that different afterall. No, we are no different. He just has a lot of people supporting him in his own community, that's the only difference. So anyone who ever compared me to him, you were right.

Yes, I agree with the others here. I know that you are autistic like me, and I also used to be mentally unstable on top of that, and you are well-intentioned as well. You just do not seem to have had a very good sense of judgement regarding power-scaling as a whole, and that is not a crime.

Please try to recover mentally. Do regular healthy exercise, listen to relaxing meditation music, go on nature walks, watch upbeat cartoons, read competent self-help books, meet therapy pets that you can hug, etcetera. All of that should help you to feel better and get healthier overall.

Goodbye and please take care of yourself. You are always welcome back here whenever you want.

Also, Milly Rocking Bandit is correct. Liking or disliking certain fictional story settings is perfectly fine, and not remotely the same as letting rampant bias completely overrule all rational evaluations of them.

Take care. Although I do agree that I have seen threads where I question the source or context of the proposal, you have always seemed like one of the nicest regular users here.

And I agree, tiers, powers and abilities, hax, speed, ect, shouldn't have any correlation on how much we like characters and/or verses. I have a lot of favorite characters and verses who can range from being far overpowered to being far underpowered. And at the same time, even plenty of my least favorite characters and verses can range that way as well. But there are plenty of people across all Vs debating platforms who are brainwashed into thinking tiers, hax, and speed and who would win scenarios are everything in the "Most liked character" scenario.

Well, even though i don't know about you or the things related to you at all casue i'm more like a ninja in this community, pop up here and there to check some profiles/battles and then goes under like a submarine, just recently more active. I could understand what you went through, frustrating, angry when trying to compare the your favorite char to the others,, trying find something to cling onto, made up many reasons in hope of...............somehow make the characters you love being stronger, then depressed, sad when realizing that said characters lose, and when thinking back with a more rational mind, we regret our action. Sometime, thing could go overboard, something extreme happened, became dark in a vs thread, etc........yeah it is bad when you goes overboard like that,............. but at the same time, it is what define us as human, we emotional, passionate and feeling; it's never bad to love a character, most of us could see that those characters we love is just fiction, non-existence, ect........we still love them, and did everything we could to defend them in all those battle they fight so they could win. We could made mistake, but what matter is we acknowledge the mistake we did and repent it, make-up for it. Good luck bro, it's time to re-finding yourself, and be happy, and continue to love the characters you once love, and other peoples around you, learn more thing, etc...........And i will not shout out for joy, cause we lost a great person right now, if you ever thinking about return, all of peoples here will gladly welcome you back.

Goodbye, I can understand this kind of stuff being pretty tiring for you, and it making you feel worse than what you normally would, take care.

Thank you all for coming here, though.

The Saddest thing in the World to me... This exact same philosophy could be found in one other well-known content creator, which people have compared me and stuff I have made too, and only now did I realize... Lionel Suggs. After all this time, I realized, he was a victim of the same thing as me. Me and him truly aren't that different afterall. No, we are no different. He just has a lot of people supporting him in his own community, that's the only difference. So anyone who ever compared me to him, you were right.
You are not similar to Lionel Suggs at all, you are different, your characters are different, you did never deserve the hate you got because i know how it feels like to make something that you put your soul in and people will ignore it simply because they didn’t like it. He has alot of people supporting him in his community because he had a vision, you should also have a vision a clear vision at that, but thing is that you have fans me, i will always support you and you know that. Lionel only makes his characters for the sake of being overpowered but you are different you know that art of power so well that some people just don’t understand it, you know how to write characters quite well most of my characters i made in the past are all inspired by yours and you should be proud of that because you gave me a vision…. Mate your not alone.

I should've did this so long ago. I won't be surprised if a select few will shout for joy, but I realized just how... broken I truly am. Being in this community, I am just not mentally ready. The underones and heavy implications that 'power is everything' truly morphed my mind to the point I know many don't agree with that being a true thing, but... It has truly turned me into something terrible. I can truly no longer differentiate between powers and character. To the point I make outlandish claims about power just to have my character reach a higher tier because I could no longer stand them being of lower power, as I compared that with character. I've tried so many times, doing so many things, even mental self-degrading constantly for years, trying to find a solution, but this is the only one I haven't tried. If this fails... I'm honestly unsure what to do. I'm sorry to everyone I've upset in this community, sorry to every single debate team I've been across that has met me. I have left no good marks here, and anyone who says so, I honestly will doubt to the end of the world. But, thank you for accepting me regardless of my faults.
It’s not a crime to know better then your haters in fact it’s the opposite, you should make your characters the way you like them too and don’t listen to much to others. You should be sure to move on and find peace with yourself, you shouldn’t apologize to a debate team you should just ignore all the hate, self degradation for what tho? I don’t get it, you shouldn’t self degrade yourself because of what others think of you if you will become smaller and smaller that makes it more difficult for you to see the grasp of this big world. Expect you have left amazing marks here you made me appreciate the personality of a character which you should be proud of i have followed your work and they are simply amazing, I don’t understand how you can be disappointed everything is just well made, have some form of personality you can relate to. You made no faults, and you never have i just want you to know. That you are just perfect the way you are keep growing and i stand behind you.

Y’know i have known you for so long We think the exact same way. You shouldn’t leave this community because you don’t know how to scale power, just look at me when i came here the first time. You where and still are one of the best users ever, and comparing yourself to lionel suggs pains me to hear that bro.

Goodbye, Seed. It's sad to see you suffer so much, but I'm sure a much needed break will help at least a little. Try to find yourself in another hobby, one that doesn't cause you so much mental anguish, and maybe when you're ready to one day come back....you'll definitely find this community here waiting for you.

Take care of yourself and good luck!

Back