• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Orochi.

He seems to be a better H2H combatant, and whatever he doesn't know will be mimicked with only a mere glance. She does have the AP advantage, but Orochi does also seem to have a range game from his head tendrils, and energy attacks.

Ilulu does have more stamina due to her consumption of fire, but he could also incap her due to his various knowledge in martial arts. I believe it'll boil down to Orochi having to use his martial arts, because she resists electricity and absorbs fire.

See the problem with that is he doesn't have a range advantage. Not only can her acid attacks reach kilometers away, but its AoE is enough to cover an entire city. It's much more in character for her to spam acid, energy, and fire attacks from a distance than it is for her to get in close. The only thing he can really hurt her with, on the other hand, is energy blasts and physical blows-- the latter of which can be covered a little bit by regen and quite a bit by just staying out of the way.

I mean

If Orochi gets close to hurt with physical blows, the sheer skill gap means he can finish her off before she gets out of range.

They start at their max range according to SBA, yeah? Kilometers away.

So he can't get close to her with physical blows. And since he can't fly it makes it that much easier for her to play the range game.

You mentioned physical blows tho

Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but she doesn't have homing attacks.

I meant they were the only things he can hurt her with because she resists electricity and can absorb fire. The only thing he has kilometers of range with is energy attacks, though.

She doesn't have homing attacks, but neither does he, and she has city-wide AoE with at least acid so evading those will be a challenge.

I mean, moving 4km at these speeds won't exactly take a while.

Yeah but why would she do that just at random, I don't think many people open fights by immediately just leaving and that would probably be something you'd want to show

Also, movement backwards is usually slower than movement forwards, and if she turns around to do that she loses some time and loses sight of orochi.

How does her acid work? Irl acid has a lot of weird characteristics with not working on specific materials while working really well on others due to chemistry

Wokistan said:
Yeah but why would she do that just at random, I don't think many people open fights by immediately just leaving and that would probably be something you'd want to show
She doesn't open the fight like that, no. But since they're starting 4 km away what she would start with is acid breath. And if Orochi just charges straight into it, well, that'd be quite the fast victory for Ilulu lol.

Also, movement backwards is usually slower than movement forwards, and if she turns around to do that she loses some time and loses sight of orochi.

And how bout movement upwards? Say she acts out of character and doesn't immediately begin with acid. She sees someone with no indication they can fly, and in fact can't, charging towards her and simply flies higher. She'll be well out of his reach by the time he actually makes it to where she used to be.

How does her acid work?

It corrodes things.

Why are you thinking of out of character scenarios, though? And if she just flies away, well... okay? He still has his massive tendrils and fire to strike at a range. Or just jumps high. He's like the size of a building, he can definitely reach her.

Fire which gets absorbed and tendrils with much lower range than her acid breath.

And yeah I suppose you're correct. Discussing OoC tactics is pointless. So Ilulu starts the fight with acid breath that has kilometers of range. If Orochi charges right into that it'll end quite poorly for him.

H2H doesn't matter if he can't even get close to begin with. From this thread and the Gyarados one it looks like it's more in-character for him to try charging into CQC or use electricity, the former ends with him dying, the latter is ineffective due to her resisting it. Technique mimicry only applies to martial arts styles which doesn't help at all against someone who spams acid attacks.

Like to ask one thing, can she get past Orochi's fear manipulation? Him just asking why Awakened Cockroach was alive (and even stabbing him, despite the former having precog), and Do-S instilled an immense amount of fear into them.

I mean, anyone you think is immensely stronger than you is going to scare you. And Idk about you but if someone stabbed me, I'd sure as hell be terrified. None of what you described sounds like fear manipulation so much as just natural responses.

Not sure, Ilulu resists Orochi's fire and electric attacks, plus her flight, acid, Regenerationn, higher AP and likely higher experience.

Back