• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Then Im not sure how much that helps him, her purifying javelins track motion and are imbued with her insta death effect. Her mental manip is on eye contact (She's liable to use this before her mass hold species) So tell me, how do you see this going, she opens, summons and chucks a purifying javelin wich tracks, he amps his preception and then what?

He can dodge to some extent but shalltear can create more javelins, she's also liable to join the frey of her familiars/endhijar to try and hit him/get him to look her in the eyes.

Ok so tracking is not a problem along with death, cus he'll just deflect them with his swords. He has dealt with conceptual tracking before so eh.

I'd say he has enough skill to push through.

Can he bypass mercers regen? Im not sure if his desperado self could do it either, alex gasses first, ikki's got death manip but alex has type 7 so he resist. Alex touching/gassing wins him the fight. Ikki could theortically win via paraylsis but that heavily depends on how complete the paraylsis is...

so how does he deal with mental manip? I have no doubt he can push through/deflect, but how does that help him with the range/mental manip advatage? Shalltear needs one hit, to win how is his ap advatage, can he one shot shalltear? She has self ressurection so if he does she comes back and plays the range game.

He can bypass mercers regen by putting him unconscious with phantom form but that's for another time.

Well not only will his senses tell him not to look at her eyes but even if she somehow gets the mind hax off, he will still be able to fight on instinct alone. He can 1 shot due to Phantom Form which works by wrong impression, it doesn't deal damage but it renders you unconscious.

Im not sure about that the one feat Ive been given shows him fighting without a mind, that doesn't tell me he resist his mind telling him not to fight. When his mind activly tells his body to stop does his body just not listen? Shalltear doesn't sleep, has a skill known as sleep invalid due to being undead and has infinite stamina.

The pen or the sword said:
Im not sure about that the one feat Ive been given shows him fighting without a mind, that doesn't tell me he resist his mind telling him not to fight.
Yes, but he will still aim to fight. Even when he was unconscious he got up, and stood in Edelweiss way, copied her style and landed a blow saving his own life.

Yeah but his mind tells him to stop, the fight is over this is a freind, I don't think his body would contiue to fight when he thinks its over. It's not really a feat for mind control resistance....

Yeah but his mind tells him to stop, the fight is over this is a freind, I don't think his body would contiue to fight when he thinks its over.
Actually his senses will. Even if she makes him think "im a friend", his senses will still warn him. He was fully convinced Stella couldn't activate her trump card, but his senses kept telling him to not land a decisive blow.

yeah Im not buying that I thought you said his mind was unconcouiss? How does he ever stop fighting if his senses never listen to his mind? To him the fight is over, their is no more need to attack, shall tear is no longer his enemy...

Shalltear doesn't sleep, has a skill known as sleep invalid due to being undead and has infinite stamina.

Eye contact, or spell. Both have similar effect of making him view shalltear as a freind/master. She's liable to use it as she tries to hit him, after dieing once she will range spam and likly use the spell

He's sure got a lot to dodge, shalltears summons, he enhijar, her own strikes and her eyes. Does he oneshot her at least?

She also has a skill that restores her body to it's previously unharmed state three times, and a self ressurection. So if he does she can teleport into the air and range spam/mind hax...

True but does he use them before mindhax? Will that happen before he's struck once? What does he do when shall tear teleports several kilometers in the air to put some distance between them and spam range/mind hax?

edit those styles make him harder to preceive, shalltear has enhanced preception. Assuming it works as well as its supposed to how does that help against tracking projectiles/mindhax?

If his movement speed is the same, couldn't Shalltear just use Time Accelerator to increase her speed, putting herself in a position to literally just hit him once?

True I kinda forgot she had speed amps of her own... Honestly at this point voting shalltear, self ressurection, able to reverse three blows, one hit damns ikki, speed amps and mind manip. I can see scenarios where he "Skills" His way out I just see a lot more where shalltear manages to hit him once or mind manip him.

True but does he use them before mindhax? Will that happen before he's struck once? What does he do when shall tear teleports several kilometers in the air to put some distance between them and spam range/mind hax?
edit those styles make him harder to preceive, shalltear has enhanced preception. Assuming it works as well as its supposed to how does that help against tracking projectiles/mindhax?
His senses would tell him to use it due to sensing danger. It will because of precog and senses. Well he can just throw his sword, and spamming at range won't really help, he deals with omnidirectional nukes.

Not harder to percieve, he just slips into the unconsciousness of people, so from Shaltear's perspective Ikki's just teleporting, not going invisible. She's "zoning out", pretty much forgetting about ikki in the mean time. Tracking projectiles won't get affected obviously, but only those that are launched, mind hax won't be used cus as i said, it's a teleport, she doesn't feel time difference.

Thats not how it's described on his profile but whatever, the spell activates with a thought and she only needs to precieve him for a second. Im voting shalltear for the moment it seems likly she's mind hax or get off a hit using her speed amps before he manages to put her down three times.

Doesn't sleep, skill sleep invalid, and limitless stamina. Its not possible for her to sleep so no he needs to get four killing blows before she taps him or mindhaxes

Hmmm,...Im not so sure that would work either, she's already dead and in overlord death just means you come back to ressurection. So Im gonn need feats of it effecting unsleeping undead with infinite stamina before I buy that one.

Well the only weakness they stated is having a will that transcends your body such as it being useless against some dudes who were being controlled cus the will wasn't theirs it was of the dude who was controlling them. If you get what im saying.

It's a mind trick pretty much.

Shall tear resist mind manip and the only exception was a mind manip from a world item, I don't think his mind trick is powerful enough to bypass her resistance....

So to be clear his one hit win here, requires him to trick the mind of someone who resist mental manip, doesn't sleep, and has a self ressurection item so likly wouldt stop fighting if she died?

edit should note she now carries a world class item and thus resist mind manip to the scale of wci

No mind manip doesn't work here. Mind manip is for affecting your mind not tricking it to believe sth else without affecting it. People in rakudai resist mind hax too but phantom form works on them.

Also ikki scales significantly below stella's 7b feat.

Firephoenixearl said:
No mind manip doesn't work here. Mind manip is for affecting your mind not tricking it to believe sth else without affecting it. People in rakudai resist mind hax too but phantom form works on them.

Also ikki scales significantly below stella's 7b feat.
I love how Ikki has a ton of feats that are just "Powers & Abilities but not really".

"Tricking the opponent in such a way that their mind believes something that's not... But it's not mindhax!! I swear!"

Shalltear FRA. Lots of versatility on her side, and she'd certainly not a bad fighter. Ikki's overrated skill (based on poor, nonsensical feats) won't save him.

Shalltear is baseline so I think he oneshots, yeah not buying it your argument requires alot of things to work that seem liable to fail. Im also not sure I buy that its not some form of mind manip, if it's not what is it? Tricking the brain sure sounds like mental manipulation to me. She resist some pretty potent mind manip herself so.

So to be clear, infinite stamina, doesn't sleep/fall unconscious, resist mental manip, and has an item that she would assume would resurrect her on death and your argument is it still somehow puts her unconscious?

So for him to win he needs to hit her four times, to bypass her reversal and resurrection. She contrarily needs to hit him once, look him in the eyes, or use her spell.

I don't believe Shalltear is baselien, though. Was she not close to 50 megatons off of lake freezing? Assuming the calc linked to the profile is the most recent one.

I mean it would be a form of social influencing. Also mind manip is only when the mind is directly affected. Tricking the mind is not mind manip otherwise normal humans would have mind manip from being able to lie, user misdirection and other normal mind tricking stuff.

Mind manip is for affecting the mind directly. Mind control, mind wipe ruff.

Back