• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a proposal to upgrade the three aforementioned characters from Low 2-C to 2-C. The reasoning is rather simple, as Shockwave was in the process of absorbing one universe and destroying another. Both Optimus and Megatron tanked point-blank shots from Shockwave.

Entire proposed template, courtesy of LordTracer:

2-C

- Shockwave (IDW) (Base and Regenesis)

- Optimus Prime (IDW) (After the War)

- Megatron (IDW) (Autobot)

- Cyclonus (IDW)

- Whirl (IDW)

- Predaking (IDW)

- Devastator (IDW)

- Soundwave (IDW)

At least Low 2-C, likely far higher / Likely 2-C

- Megatron (IDW) (Stealth Bomber)

- Arcee (IDW)

- Galvatron (IDW)

- Nova Prime (IDW) (Base and Nemesis Prime)

At least Low 2-C

- Optimus Prime (IDW) (During the War)

- Megatron (IDW) (Base)

- Grimlock (IDW)

- Slag (IDW)

- Tarn

- Star Saber (IDW)

- Overlord (IDW)

- Black Shadow (IDW)

- Sixshot (IDW)

- Starscream (IDW)

- Razorclaw (IDW)

- Rampage (IDW)

- Divebomb (IDW)

- Headstrong (IDW)

- Tantrum (IDW)

- Jazz (IDW)

Low 2-C

- Dai Atlas

- Minimus Ambus (IDW)

- Thundercracker (IDW)

- Skywarp (IDW)

- Impactor (IDW)

- Springer (IDW)

Shockwave is already 'At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C' for this feat anyways, and Regenesis makes him even stronger. So there's no real reason for him to still have the Low 2-C statistic, especially when he, Optimus and Megatron already scale significantly above Low 2-Cs like Nova Prime.

LordTracer said:
Shockwave is already 'At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C' for this feat anyways, and Regenesis makes him even stronger. So there's no real reason for him to still have the Low 2-C statistic, especially when he, Optimus and Megatron already scale significantly above Low 2-Cs like Nova Prime.
Yeah, Nova's probably at the top of the Low 2-Cs, and Optimus curbstomped him.

I am uncertain. We usually only give 2-C ratings to characters that can destroy or create several universes in a single strike. The current statistics seem better for a borderline case like this.

Perhaps they should just be considered further into Low 2-C then? I'm pretty sure they're baseline right now.

I don't see why they shouldn't be straight 2-C though. Shockwave is basically doing what the baseline requirements of 2-C are. He is absorbing the Dead Universe - destroying it in the process - and simultaneously destroying the main universe. That's two universes at the same time, which is baseline 2-C.

Yes, but they are separate acts.

Anyway, I suppose that "Likely 2-C" ratings seem warranted.

Wait, would those that scale above the 'Likely 2-C' be able to have a plain 2-C rating or would they also be 'Likely 2-C?'

Still "likely", since we do not know for certain.

But shouldn't that scale to his 2nd key then though. Although he did 1 shot a guy with the same upgrades as him technically before his side change.

Not Icarus said:
But shouldn't that scale to his 2nd key then though. Although he did 1 shot a guy with the same upgrades as him technically before his side change.
I mean, his second key destroyed the physical incarnation of this, so he's pretty much already there anyway.

I personally believe that his 2nd key should still be stronger imo. Isn't he portrayed as weaker and aging more as during his Autobot phase?

Not Icarus said:
I personally believe that his 2nd key should still be stronger imo. Isn't he portrayed as weaker and aging more as during his Autobot phase?
Yeah, we're all in agreement that he's at his strongest in Bomber form. It's just that "Autobot" Megatron has one of the best feats.

If you're placing his 1st and 2nd key at 2-C then he should at least get the current ratings he has now for his 3rd key too.

And yeah him 1 shotting a guy with the same upgrades as he did which no sold every attack he took from Optimus pretty much hilariously also complicates the scaling even more lol.

Not Icarus said:
And yeah him 1 shotting a guy with the same upgrades as he did which no sold every attack he took from Optimus pretty much hilariously also complicates the scaling even more lol.
The power scaling of these Transformers is getting as bad as the size scaling of G1 Transformers lol.

Unless you can find some examples of Autobot Megatron fighting on par with people capable of damaging him.

His current ratings are fine for his 3rd key, he's afterall still comparable to his base at least to a degree. He shouldn't be too far behind the likes of Optimus.

Tarn? His current profile mentions him to be slightly below Grimlock and Megatron. And yeah him 1 shotting someone with the same upgrades as his 2nd key but technically that was him before the major injuries iirc

Not Icarus said:
His current ratings are fine for his 3rd key, he's afterall still comparable to his base at least to a degree. He shouldn't be too far behind the likes of Optimus.
I mean, at this point, he's actually considerably further behind Optimus. His insides getting messed up by Shockwave, the "Fool's Energon", and just generally getting older hindered him to the point of getting beaten by someone like Whirl, whereas Optimus was fighting guys like Galvatron and the Torchbearers.

Not Icarus said:
Tarn? His current profile mentions him to be slightly below Grimlock and Megatron. And yeah him 1 shotting someone with the same upgrades as his 2nd key but technically that was him before the major injuries iirc
Tarn is slightly beneath Deceptico Megatron, and he beat the crap out of Autobot Megatron (granted, Megatron wasn't trying to fight back). And Tarn's statement that Megatron unchecked could beat him applies to Decepticon Megatron. So he definitely shouldn't scale to Tarn.

But he can still damage 2-C beings to a nice amount of times so he should at least have the At least Low 2-C, Possibly 2-C imo since people like MCU Ironman has been scaled to Thanos by simply managing to draw blood from him.

Should I get started on the edits?

I think so, yes.

Um... okay, I thought I fixed all the scaling problems, but I found one more.

Tarn was able to effortlessly kill Kaon, who scales to Vos, who one-shot Cyclonus. Cyclonus is 'At least Low 2-C, likely far higher.' Since Vos one-shot him, that would make him 'At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C' with the new scale.

Since Tarn effortlessly killed someone that's 'At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C,' he and those that scale to him should actually be 'Likely 2-C.'

I don't see any issues with this, but I want to make sure that it's fine before I update them.

Why is 3rd key Megatron's supporting arguement includes a version of him where he effortlessly did a 2-C feat by 1 shotting someone with the same upgrades as his 2nd key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back