• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He knocked out Galvatron in 1 shot while ripped in half and did that other feat of 1 shotting Dreadwing with his Stealth Bomber upgrades. I'm pretty sure being ripped in half is worse than his full Autobot body self.

Both of those are still his vastly superior Decepticon body, and Galvatron was already weakened at that point. Megatron even said that wouldn't keep Galvatron down for long, plus Galvatron ripped Megatron's Decepticon body in half effortlessly. And unless there's something that explicitly says/shows Stealth Bomber Dreadwing Ôëê Stealth Bomber Megatron, there's no reason to scale them to each other.

Didn't Soundwave say they were the same upgrades though. And I doubt ripped in half Megatron is superior to his Autobot self. Also him decimating the DJD with Anti-Matter Manipulation?

Same upgrades =/= equal power unless their base forms were equal. And I don't see any reason why a bisected Decepticon Megatron wouldn't be superior when Autobot Megatron goes out of his way to mention how he's weaker than he once was. And Cybertronians shrug stuff like bisection off all the time, shouldn't make him that much weaker. And Megatron was massively amped by antimatter when he bodied the DJD, that doesn't scale to his base. Plus the DJD had no way to defend against antimatter anyways, it's basically durability negation.

I doubt Megatron would have included his bisected self in that statement aside from cybertronians getting damaged in ways like that all the time.

I'm not saying he included his bisected self, I'm saying Decepticon Megatron >>>>>>>> Autobot Megatron, and simple bisection wouldn't make him that much weaker. Hell, Megs didn't even see it as that much of an issue apart from needing to be carried.

Considering how Cybertronians are said to have a hard time comitting suicide or at least aging to death and can survive with lots of their body parts seperated from them. Shouldn't they all have Type 2 Immortality? And I haven't finished reading all the IDW Phase 2 comics since I'm only around TPB 7 on ****************.to but I guess I'll try to find him with some other 2-C feats some day to at least give him an At least Low 2-C, posibly 2-C if I can. And if we're staying with his current 3rd key statements at least for now, can we at least change the reasoning for it since he's obviously using a body with 2-C capable attacks against 2-C beings like Galvatron.

They should have Type 2 immortality, that I agree with. But scaling Autobot Megatron to 2-C is really iffy, especially if it comes from Galvatron. Tarn beat the life out of Autobot Megatron, and Tarn =< Grimlock =< Decepticon Megatron <<< Galvatron. Although Galvatron was weakened, so I guess I could add that to his AP justification.

It wouldn't change his tier though.

Wait, never mind. I just looked back through Dark Cybertron. It was Megatron's Decepticon body, Galvatron was off-guard when Megatron blasted him, and Megatron himself said that wouldn't keep him down long.

So no scaling to Galvatron for Megs.

CalebTB12 said:
You think we need another CRT for the Immortality? Or should we just add it?
Another CRT would be preferable. Although I'm sure we could just bring it up here.

LordTracer said:
Um... okay, I thought I fixed all the scaling problems, but I found one more.

Tarn was able to effortlessly kill Kaon, who scales to Vos, who one-shot Cyclonus. Cyclonus is 'At least Low 2-C, likely far higher.' Since Vos one-shot him, that would make him 'At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C' with the new scale.

Since Tarn effortlessly killed someone that's 'At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C,' he and those that scale to him should actually be 'Likely 2-C.'

I don't see any issues with this, but I want to make sure that it's fine before I update them.
Also what do you think of this?

LordTracer said:
Um... okay, I thought I fixed all the scaling problems, but I found one more.

Tarn was able to effortlessly kill Kaon, who scales to Vos, who one-shot Cyclonus. Cyclonus is 'At least Low 2-C, likely far higher.' Since Vos one-shot him, that would make him 'At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C' with the new scale.

Since Tarn effortlessly killed someone that's 'At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C,' he and those that scale to him should actually be 'Likely 2-C.'

I don't see any issues with this, but I want to make sure that it's fine before I update them.
This is probably fine.

Okay, I'll make those changes then. Would you be alright with the IDW Transformers receiving Type 2 immortality? Since they can survive things like bisection with little to no discomfort.

That does not seem controversial to apply.

LordTracer said:
And the Dead Universe does not cause the main universe to die, I dunno where you got that idea from.
I did tell you I had no context.

Ok, so how do I know he was still absorbing the dead universe in that scan? Was it the purple energy surrounding him? What happened in the next scan?

Follow-up question, but is Shockwave absorbing the dead Universe of his own power or not? Because I'm very certain he's using a device to do so. And if that's the case then it's not 2-C since he wasn't using his own power to simultaneously absorb one Universe, while destroying another.

He hadn't begun absorbing it at that point. That scan was just to show how he was destroying the main universe. The next scan is Shockwave explaining what will happen, stating; "All of history shall collapse into me." After that is when he absorbed/destroyed the universes. The moment he absorbed the Dead Universe, he made the main universe collapse.

LordTracer said:
He hadn't begun absorbing it at that point. That scan was just to show how he was destroying the main universe. The next scan is Shockwave explaining what will happen, stating; "All of history shall collapse into me." After that is when he absorbed/destroyed the universes. The moment he absorbed the Dead Universe, he made the main universe collapse.
Yeah, but considering he just absorbed the power of an entire universe into himself at that same moment, he'd most certainly have the power to end the one he's already in. He most certainly couldn't do that without absorbing the Dead Universe, which again, he had himself hooked up to a machine to do so. At least, it appears that way in the very first scan of this thread.

I already gave the scan where he said he could do it even before he absorbed the Dead Universe...

Yes, that one. Shockwave, before absorbing the Dead Universe, states that he has control over the main universe the same way Nova does over the Dead Universe. And Nova has several statements on being able to bend the Dead Universe to his will, having complete and total control over it, etc.

Shockwave states he holds his power. Like, Nova's power. The comic even bolds/italicizes that part. The one where Nova held power the dead Universe? The dead universe he's in the process of absorbing?

The Transformers are Marvel and DC levels of size and bullshittery despite being only 35 years old lol. Power levels are not consistent as the writers tend to write them on "down to Earth" level stories like virtually every character from all 3 respected franchises and we take their most notable feats to judge them like how the G1 keys are 5-B although there are some calcs out there that place the Cybertron moving feat 5-A and or High 5-A.

Not Icarus said:
The Transformers are Marvel and DC levels of size and bullshittery despite being only 35 years old lol. Power levels are not consistent as the writers tend to write them on "down to Earth" level stories like virtually every character from all 3 respected franchises and we take their most notable feats to judge them like how the G1 keys are 5-B although there are some calcs out there that place the Cybertron moving feat 5-A and or High 5-A.
What does "down to Earth level" stories have to do with what I wrote?

Also Soundwave is 2-C and they both trashed Dreadwing pretty easily and Dark Cybertron doesn't portray or imply him to be stronger than Megatron so his 3rd key explanation doesn't make sense. (He literally brands himself Autobot with the same body like i've said before just with a different logo while previously doing said feats and having the same upgrades shouldn't make you too far behind since you're literally armed with the same guns.)

Lightbuster30 said:
Shockwave states he holds his power. Like, Nova's power. The comic even bolds/italicizes that part. The one where Nova held power the dead Universe? The dead universe he's in the process of absorbing?
Shockwave doesn't mean it literally. Hell, Nova Prime was dead by that point, something Galvatron went out of his way to emphasize more than once. And I already said Shockwave was not yet absorbing the Dead Universe at that point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back