• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never argued against it? I said that Hakai is literally what Quincies can do
Then you're wrong. Hakai destroys body and soul as one whole across multiple timelines (unless prevented by time ring) The quincies just eradicate spiritual forms which normal ki can replicate.
u-u know vegeta never does spirit fission in character right? he only used it against moro cuz he absolutely had to, he even stated that hax like this he doesn’t like using
Haha now they are afraid of spirit fission when Ichigo only has one RC feat in the series. I think I'll enjoy my stay here

Then you're wrong. Hakai destroys body and soul as one whole across multiple timelines (unless prevented by time ring) The quincies just eradicate spiritual forms which normal ki can replicate.
lmao i fail to see how erasing body and soul is better than just Soul, as Soul is more special than body by default
Appealing to popularity? lol Alright, I'll let you off the hook. You obviously want to debate the facts
you clearly dont know how the wiki rules works after all, it has a count in all matches, if people is going to debate without using the wiki ratings, they do it in discord

Haha now they are afraid of spirit fission when Ichigo only has one RC feat in the series. I think I'll enjoy my stay here
again that one time was an earlier ichigo who was unable to use his bankai properly
do you know how reiatsu crush works?

um not really? idgaf about this match up im just saying what i wanna say lmao

Anyways, if this is going to be a debate without using standards, its better to just ask to this be closed, as it is wiki rules to close stomp matches

again that one time was an earlier ichigo who was unable to use his bankai properly
do you know how reiatsu crush works?
I get that. So when does he soul crush after that? Admittedly my memory of Bleach is a little spotty. Show me him soul crushing someone other than himself please

I get that. So when does he soul crush after that? Admittedly my memory of Bleach is a little spotty. Show me him soul crushing someone other than himself please
Faulty argument, the fact he already shows soul crush +that the whole cast of characters can do soul crush already established they have soul crush

And again all the people ichigo ever fights or encounters have resistance to soul hax

So ur argument is already flawed

Faulty argument, the fact he already shows soul crush +that the whole cast of characters can do soul crush already established they have soul crush

And again all the people ichigo ever fights or encounters have resistance to soul hax

So ur argument is already flawed
Again stalling on the evidence. I have no reason to believe that Vegeta doesn't stomp here. You just expect people to take your word for things and if they don't they are a troll lol

Seems pretty common in vs community to deem another person a troll for differing opinions. So sad.
Na, u are just considered a troll when u make such faulty arguments

And say the stuff about voting stuff like u just did

So, either a troll or someone that has absolutely no idea how things work on the wiki

Na, u are just considered a troll when u make such faulty arguments

And say stuff like the whole voting stuff
It is not faulty to request evidence. So I will reiterate, Ichigo's only RC feat to my knowledge is soul crushing himself. While I'm aware that was early in the series, your failure to produce other instances of him effectively using it has led me to believe they don't exist. Moreover, RC in itself has proven to be quite the joke if humans can withstand transcendent beings.

Vegeta wins. Ichigo is actually more of a brick than modern DB characters which is saying something.

It is not faulty to request evidence. So I will reiterate, Ichigo's only RC feat to my knowledge is soul crushing himself. While I'm aware that was early in the series, your failure to produce other instances of him effectively using it has led me to believe they don't exist. Moreover, RC in itself has proven to be quite the joke if humans can withstand transcendent beings.

Vegeta wins. Ichigo is actually more of a brick than modern DB characters which is saying something.
How well Ichigo is written as a character has nothing to do with whether or not he could beat Vegeta in a fight. Sure, he may be a brick, but he's a brick that soul crushes Vegeta on sight passively.

As for your saying that Ichigo can't Reiatsu Crush, he has shown the capabilities of doing that (to himself), and has become far more experienced since then. Also, what you're failing to realize about how that whole mechanic works is that it doesn't really affect those who have strong Reiatsu themselves or strong resistances to Reiatsu. Hence, this why Ichigo can battle people like Aizen, Grimmjow, some of the Sternritter (who he held back against, so his Reiatsu wouldn't be as potent against them), etc. and none of them are insta-killed by his Reiatsu.

Secondly, let's talk about passive abilities and resistances. Reiatsu Crush is passive. Passive abilities work without having to think about them (or activating them in most cases). This means that Ichigo's Reiatsu Crush will be in effect the moment the battle starts. Now, resistances can provide the ability to resist the effects that certain hax have. Vegeta has no resistance to Soul Manipulation, and not the kind utilized in Reiatsu Crush, so Vegeta doesn't resist its effects, and thus would be killed by it.

And before you mention Hakai, it really doesn't matter. This is why I brought up passive abilities. Reiatsu Crush is passive and Hakai is not. The moment the battle begins, Vegeta will be crushed, and thus unable to perform Hakai. It's like it was stated earlier:
Passive abilities >>>> thinking abilities >>> movement

How well Ichigo is written as a character has nothing to do with whether or not he could beat Vegeta in a fight. Sure, he may be a brick, but he's a brick that soul crushes Vegeta on sight passively.

As for your saying that Ichigo can't Reiatsu Crush, he has shown the capabilities of doing that (to himself), and has become far more experienced since then. Also, what you're failing to realize about how that whole mechanic works is that it doesn't really affect those who have strong Reiatsu themselves or strong resistances to Reiatsu. Hence, this why Ichigo can battle people like Aizen, Grimmjow, some of the Sternritter (who he held back against, so his Reiatsu wouldn't be as potent against them), etc. and none of them are insta-killed by his Reiatsu.

Secondly, let's talk about passive abilities and resistances. Reiatsu Crush is passive. Passive abilities work without having to think about them (or activating them in most cases). This means that Ichigo's Reiatsu Crush will be in effect the moment the battle starts. Now, resistances can provide the ability to resist the effects that certain hax have. Vegeta has no resistance to Soul Manipulation, and not the kind utilized in Reiatsu Crush, so Vegeta doesn't resist its effects, and thus would be killed by it.

And before you mention Hakai, it really doesn't matter. This is why I brought up passive abilities. Reiatsu Crush is passive and Hakai is not. The moment the battle begins, Vegeta will be crushed, and thus unable to perform Hakai. It's like it was stated earlier:
He's a brick that's doing no such thing as neither of you can prove he's remotely capable of such. This wall of text is no different. It does not matter if it's passive if it's ineffective. By your own description of it, it would fail given Chi is literally Spirit, and he has vastly more quantity of it lol Vegeta clobbers him.

He's a brick that's doing no such thing as neither of you can prove he's remotely capable of such. This wall of text is no different. It does not matter if it's passive if it's ineffective. By your own description of it, it would fail given Chi is literally Spirit, and he has vastly more quantity of it lol Vegeta clobbers him.
Ki doesn't give resistance to soul manipulation.

Ki doesn't give resistance to soul manipulation.

Well you didn't specify resistance as the sole countering method? You said having strong reiatsu which is literally just the exertion of one's spirit energy? Vegeta's Chi or Spirit or whatever you want to call it dwarfs Ichigo's. So by this logic of yours it won't work.

Also, the variety of effects that Soul Crush offers, be it fear, paralysis or whatever, Ichigo has exhibited literally none of them..ever. So that ends that.

Instead of using hakai just use moros soul hax which it's potency is easily in the billions. And just use someone who has resistance to it like grand supreme kai or something.

Instead of using hakai just use moros soul hax which it's potency is easily in the billions. And just use someone who has resistance to it like grand supreme kai or something.
considering everything on bleach has a soul even atoms, billions dont seem all that impressive

there is a post here talking bout it

Well you didn't specify resistance as the sole countering method? You said having strong reiatsu which is literally just the exertion of one's spirit energy? Vegeta's Chi or Spirit or whatever you want to call it dwarfs Ichigo's. So by this logic of yours it won't work.

Also, the variety of effects that Soul Crush offers, be it fear, paralysis or whatever, Ichigo has exhibited literally none of them..ever. So that ends that.
Having strong Reiatsu of your own allows you to resist Reiatsu Crush, my dude. And Vegeta's ki doesn't give him resistance to soul hax. Even with verse equalization, Vegeta still gets crushed to oblivion.

Ichigo's 3-A to Low 2-C now so it's an AP stomp, but even if we use Ichigo's 3-B version and even if we don't count Reiatsu Crush, each and every one of Ichigo's attacks hit the Soul directly so they have an equal shot of one tapping each other

Having strong Reiatsu of your own allows you to resist Reiatsu Crush, my dude. And Vegeta's ki doesn't give him resistance to soul hax. Even with verse equalization, Vegeta still gets crushed to oblivion.
I literally just explained to you what Reiatsu is. It's just the exertion of spirit energy, which Vegeta has. So once again, by your own logic, he's negging it. Moreover, regular attacks in DB can damage souls, as shown by the numerous bouts they have had with dead people. Vegeta is negging RC and stomping the life out of strawberry. Deal with it.

I literally just explained to you what Reiatsu is. It's just the exertion of spirit energy, which Vegeta has.
This isn't how verse equalization works. Just cause Reiatsu gives resistance to soul manip doesn't mean Vegeta is going to get that resistance by virtue of having a lot of ki when it's equalized. This is already mentioned in the verse equalization section in the SBA page as follows:

" It is also important to note that characters won't lose or gain any abilities or resistances which they do or do not inherently possess."

So no Vegeta is not negging anything.

To add on after the recent upgrades Ichigo is 3A possibly Low 2C so he has an ap advantage here as well I think.

Last edited:
This isn't how verse equalization works. Just cause Reiatsu gives resistance to soul manip doesn't mean Vegeta is going to get that resistance by virtue of having a lot of ki when it's equalized. This is already mentioned in the verse equalization section in the SBA page as follows:

So no Vegeta is not negging anything.

To add on after the recent upgrades Ichigo is 3A possibly Low 2C so he has an ap advantage here as well I think.
Yes he is. I don't care about upgrades that constantly change on a forum (which in itself makes it questionable when the series in question has long concluded) Only manga evidence, which dictate Ichigo would sooner crush himself than Vegeta. And I'm tired of repeating myself, soul manip? Ichigo has not manipulated anyone's soul, period. Imagine harping on and on about someone needing resistances for something he won't have to do deal with?

Like I said, regular attacks have been shown to affect souls in DB. So if you can't get this through your head, then Vegeta is bringing his own resistances to the table anyway.

Yes he is. I don't care about upgrades that constantly change on a forum (which in itself makes it questionable when the series in question has long concluded)
It really doesn't matter whether you care or not. Here we debate based on profiles and that alone. If his ratings change cool, but as of now Ichigo has the ap advantage here.

dictate Ichigo would sooner crush himself than Vegeta.
Completely false. That was Soul Soceity Arc Ichigo who had just achieved bankai to the point where he could not even master it and control his own reiatsu. EOS Ichigo is a whole different beast altogether.

And I'm tired of repeating myself, soul manip? Ichigo has not manipulated anyone's soul, period.
Literally every single attack in Bleach attacks the soul lmao. It's right in the name of their swords Zanpakuto meaning Soul cutter. Anyone with basic knowledge on Bleach should know this. Every single opponent Ichigo has fought were souls/konpaku/spiritual beings. So saying Ichigo can't attack or hurt souls is the equivalent of me saying the sky is not blue.

Like I said, regular attacks have been shown to affect souls in DB. So if you can't get this through your head, then Vegeta is bringing his own resistances to the table anyway.
Doesn't matter. Ichigo's soul has better resistance so Vegeta's "supposed" soul attacks aren't doing anything. To add on the one the ap advantage is in Ichigo's favour here so no Vegeta isn't doing shit here. And from what I am seeing this isn't listed anywhere on Vegeta's profiles so there ya go. To add on RC is passive so which is greater than attacks requiring action/movement/thought.

Vegeta has no resistance to soul manip listed on his profile so he isn't resisting anything here.

It really doesn't matter whether you care or not. Here we debate based on profiles and that alone. If his ratings change cool, but as of now Ichigo has the ap advantage here.

Completely false. That was Soul Soceity Arc Ichigo who had just achieved bankai to the point where he could not even master it and control his own reiatsu. EOS Ichigo is a whole different beast altogether.

Literally every single attack in Bleach attacks the soul lmao. It's right in the name of their swords Zanpakuto meaning Soul cutter. Anyone with basic knowledge on Bleach should know this. Every single opponent Ichigo has fought were souls/konpaku/spiritual beings. So saying Ichigo can't attack or hurt souls is the equivalent of me saying the sky is not blue.

Doesn't matter. Ichigo's soul has better resistance so Vegeta's "supposed" soul attacks aren't doing anything. To add on the one the ap advantage is in Ichigo's favour here so no Vegeta isn't doing shit here. And from what I am seeing this isn't listed anywhere on Vegeta's profiles so there ya go. To add on RC is passive so which is greater than attacks requiring action/movement/thought.

Vegeta has no resistance to soul manip listed on his profile so he isn't resisting anything here.
Well continue to debate your made up profiles while I continue to cite canon sources? No one's stopping you guy. At the end of the day, manga>any of you so I'm good.

I don't think I said Ichigo can't attack a soul, so where are you even getting that nonsense from? I'm saying he's not winning because of it because DB characters have done that before Bleach was even around.

And did you really just stoop so low as to take the name of zans literal? Do you know what that does for DB's side? It gives a literal fodder like Yamcha soul based ability with his Sokidan i.e. Spirit Ball lol Come on now. You can do better.

Either way, you need to provide a scan of Ichigo performing soul manip. I'm not interested in your wall of text. Make with the scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back