• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only point of contention rn is whether or not Aizen should get EE resistance.

The pro side being that since Aizen can withstand his own reiatsu he resists it (harkening back to when Ichigo was injured by his own reiatsu for not being strong enough).

The con side being Aizen can already regen from EE so he doesn't need to be resisting it.
Uhhh, I'm no authority on Bleach by any means, but something doesn't sound right about this.

Assuming his EE Aura is passive, and he's constantly subjected to it as y'all are claiming, then the "he has Low-Godly, so it doesn't count" interpretation wouldn't make any sense.
His regeneration wouldn't stop him from getting erased by his Aura, it'd just bring him back when he's erased. If that's what's happening, then he definitely doesn't get a resistance, but Aizen isn't getting auto-factory reset constantly, is he? He either resists it, or the EE Aura doesn't actually inflict damage to him like y'all say. The regeneration interpretation just doesn't make sense.

I provided scans showing that if your body isn't strong enough, you would be subjugated by the effects of your Reiatsu and get destroyed, yet the fact that Aizen doesn't in the scans shown, could infer that he has resistances to it. If his regeneration is his only means to resist existence erasure, we would see his body get erased then regenerating (if anybody says he wouldn't get affected by his own Reiatsu, the series shows that if your body isn't strong enough, you get destroyed by your own Reiatsu on 3 separate occasions), but the fact he isn't implies that he has a level of resistances to existence erasure. Regeneration can kick in if he is facing some level of existence erasure that surpasses his own, like Mugetsu. Besides, couldn't Aizen have both a base line resistances to existence erasure and regeneration that allows him to recover from higher levels of existence erasure?

I provided scans showing that if your body isn't strong enough, you would be subjugated by the effects of your Reiatsu and get destroyed, yet the fact that Aizen doesn't in the scans shown, could infer that he has resistances to it.

We don't know if that holds true for an effect like existence erasure. That's like saying Ichio has a "resistance to Bone Manipulation" because his bones no longer creak when he's subjected to his own Reiatsu in the present.

Uhhh, I'm no authority on Bleach by any means, but something doesn't sound right about this.

Assuming his EE Aura is passive, and he's constantly subjected to it as y'all are claiming, then the "he has Low-Godly, so it doesn't count" interpretation wouldn't make any sense.
His regeneration wouldn't stop him from getting erased by his Aura, it'd just bring him back when he's erased. If that's what's happening, then he definitely doesn't get a resistance, but Aizen isn't getting auto-factory reset constantly, is he? He either resists it, or the EE Aura doesn't actually inflict damage to him like y'all say. The regeneration interpretation just doesn't make sense.
To respond to this point I have this to say:
And here's how I see it: I hazard against trying to use this line of thought when talking about Aizen's aura because what that does is open up the door for another train of thought. Simply put, one could argue that Aizen shouldn't have EE in the first place because he's currently given so off of a one-off statement he gives about humans ceasing to be, which could either be EE or, due to the mechanics of bleach, just a mass difference in AP. Like something that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that Aizen's same aura has been noted to turn things into ash, his explanation for what's happening is that human's spirits can't withstand the power, how Soul Reapers in general really do seem to just ignore this aura, especially Gin who just chills next to Aizen with no issue and can even be touched without being erased even though he's well within range of Aizen's Aura. This changes a bit when Thousand-Year Blood War rolls around, but he's also noted to have a dramatic increase in power by then as well so it could still all be down to AP in the end.

Simply put, if people are going to try and argue that the Aizen should resist because one has to be able to survive their own Reiatsu, that makes this sound more like a matter of durability than a matter of resistance.

And here's how I see it: I hazard against trying to use this line of thought when talking about Aizen's aura because what that does is open up the door for another train of thought. Simply put, one could argue that Aizen shouldn't have EE in the first place because he's currently given so off of a one-off statement he gives about humans ceasing to be, which could either be EE or, due to the mechanics of bleach, just a mass difference in AP. Like something that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that Aizen's same aura has been noted to turn things into ash, his explanation for what's happening is that human's spirits can't withstand the power, how Soul Reapers in general really do seem to just ignore this aura, especially Gin who just chills next to Aizen with no issue and can even be touched without being erased even though he's well within range of Aizen's Aura. This changes a bit when Thousand-Year Blood War rolls around, but he's also noted to have a dramatic increase in power by then as well so it could still all be down to AP in the end.

Simply put, if people are going to try and argue that the Aizen should resist because one has to be able to survive their own Reiatsu, that makes this sound more like a matter of durability than a matter of resistance.
I'm not knowledgeable enough about Bleach to comment on the validity of his EE one way or another, but the whole thing is indeed strange.

We don't know if that holds true for an effect like existence erasure. That's like saying Ichio has a "resistance to Bone Manipulation" because his bones no longer creak when he's subjected to his own Reiatsu in the present.
This sounds like a false equivalency on what you are saying tbh.

Considering his aura is passive, it implies he'd experience every facet of his own aura. That example is poor, Ichigo's bones were creaking because of the power of his own reiatsu, EE isn't AP dependent like that.

Raw durability doesn't enable you to tank EE.

Durability doesn't enable you to do something like resisting existence erasure, just to bring that up. Also, there are a few misconceptions to bring up, I not only mentioned when Aizen threatned to erase Shunsui and the Shinigami is they got too close to him, but about Gin, you just reminded me of something that works against the idea of it only working on weak humans: Which is that, once Gin was taking out the Hogyoku and Aizen was about to grab his arm, we actually see a few pages later that a portion of Gin's arm got erased, in a similar manner to that one Shinigami, so Aizen's existence erasure also works on beyond Captain class fighters like Gin. The ashes thing is false because it comes from Ichigo's friends stating it and they aren't reliable sources in this instance, compared to Aizen.

Considering his aura is passive, it implies he'd experience every facet of his own aura. That example is poor, Ichigo's bones were creaking because of the power of his own reiatsu, EE isn't AP dependent like that.

Raw durability doesn't enable you to tank EE.
Yes, it doesn't, but I'm not convinced that Aizen is being hit by existence erasure.

My point here is that if your argument is that he should be able to survive his own Riatsu, it looks like Aizen simply might not have EE and his aura's effect is just a matter of severe AP difference

My point here is that if your argument is that he should be able to survive his own Riatsu, it looks like Aizen simply might not have EE and his aura's effect is just a matter of severe AP difference
I don't think this is a really strong argument you are giving. I have provided evidence to say my part and the wiki already accept Aizen as having EE, I have also mentioned 2 instances, one of them directly showing, that Aizen's existence erasure works on people who are beyond human level. I think rn, the burden of proof is on you to prove that I am wrong.

My point is, rn, its up to you to prove to me that this whole "only works on jobbers" argument works or has a basis. Rn you have given nothing to say so, and my argument has proof and evidence from the series.

This tells me you didn't read my post in full, because within it, I specifically talk about a few of the problems with Aizen's EE.

This tells me you didn't read my post in full, because within it, I specifically talk about a few of the problems with Aizen's EE.
I did read it, but your post doesn't directly counter the things I brought up and it got contradicted as well, me on the other hand, I have presented proof and instances from the manga that go with what I am saying, not what you are saying. Unless you got anything new to bring up, we are running in circles.

Yes, it doesn't, but I'm not convinced that Aizen is being hit by existence erasure.
Ok so you're not contesting that he's withstanding his own reiatsu, but rather if withstanding the weight of his reiatsu would just include its power rather than all its hax as well. I can understand that.

If his own is coming down on him and said energy causes Existence Erasure then he should get resistance to it. However, if his EE is based of ones strength then it's just a matter of him being strong.
Well Reiatsu has been proven to have passive abilities, you know. So I think it is a case of Aizen gaining a new hax.

Just one question before I give my thoughts, is Aizen's Existence Erasure based only the people he faces being too weak? Or is it a matter of he can EE anyone comparable to himself? Because IIRC, he's only erased fodder and many characters have gotten near Butterfly Aizen

Just one question before I give my thoughts, is Aizen's Existence Erasure based only the people he faces being too weak? Or is it a matter of he can EE anyone comparable to himself? Because IIRC, he's only erased fodder and many characters have gotten near Butterfly Aizen
No it’s broad, he implies it’d work on top tiers like Shunsui as well. Nothing indicates it’s restricted to AP gaps.

We've only ever seen it be applied to fodder characters.

No sign of it on anyone comparable to him.

No it’s broad, he implies it’d work on top tiers like Shunsui as well. Nothing indicates it’s restricted to AP gaps.

Shunsui is fodder compared to Aizen.

Well the issue with that is that Shunsui is fodder to Butterfly Aizen
The reason that argument doesn’t work imo, is that to powernull hax you need to be vastly superior, and Aizen isn’t vastly superior to himself, and we are talking about Aizen taking his own reiatsu. Aizen cannot powernull himself because Aizen isn’t > Aizen, Aizen = Aizen.

The reason that argument doesn’t work imo, is that to powernull hax you need to be vastly superior, and Aizen isn’t vastly superior to himself, and we are talking about Aizen taking his own reiatsu. Aizen cannot powernull himself because Aizen isn’t > Aizen, Aizen = Aizen.
No I'm questioning about Ichigo having Resistance to EE, is Aizen's EE solely based on the difference between himself and his opponents Reiatsu?

Well if Aizen's EE is legit and not solely based on the difference in Reiatsu between him and his opponent, then I accept the OP

But only under that condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back