• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichibei and Yhwach speed increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
In chapter 605 of bleach Ichibei used a move called Senri Tsuutenshou which sends his enemy flying in a certain direction. The official translation describes this as 1000 ri, with 1 ri being equal to 2.44 miles. Do some basic math and we get 2440 miles as our distance

https://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/40684

In the manga Ichibei hit Yhwach with this attack and then in the next panel covered the same distance that he shot Yhwach. A low ball timeframe such as 1 second should be used since no time was shown to have passed. To find the overall distance traveled in meters we simply multiple the 2440 miles from earlier by 1609, since 1 mile is equal to 1609 meters.

The math is 2440x1609 which gives us 3,925,960 meters in 1 second. This is a sub-relativistic feat clocking in at around 1.3% speed of light. You can double check all of this and I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

This upgrade would also change Yhwach's base form to sub-relativistic since he matched Ichibei in combat.

The number is wrong. Iirc the official translation was a mistake, and the translator apoligize in twitter. You may have to look into that first.

Ichibei did say it sends things a couple thousand miles away.

Link to the "official" translation?

I've none. That's why I'm saying to look for it. Maybe someone on the Bleach reddit can help you with that.

Damage3245 said:
Here is the official translation: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SmgJtdQUN...QQuxDtN_lA6Bwq00HJsKdQCHM/s16000/0605-011.png

It's worth noting however that Ichibei caught up to Yhwach and hit him again while Yhwach was mid-flight; so there is no guarantee that Yhwach was sent flying the full 1000-Ri distance.
That 300 miles thing is the one i'm saying is wrong. The translator admitted that he translated it wrong. I don't remember if it was on twitter or in a interview.

There are a lot of translations. I even found one that said he traveled 3927 miles. I think what we should do is take the three translations and do a calc for all three. Then we take the average number and use that.

Also Yhwach was clearly standing in the air and not moving when Ichibei caught up with him so he probably traveled the entire distance

@Amlad

We also know that yhwach wasnt mid flight when ichibei caught up with him because in literally the next sca, we see Yhwach and Ichibei standing perfectly still

Amlad22 said:
Is there any other reasons to deny this increase?
I definitely dont see one. Probably contact an admin or calc team member about this.

Also, could someone give a list of the characters that could scale from this?

The characters would be people who have shown the ability to react and fight with Ichibei and Yhwach. So maybe Ichigo but he's already sub-relativistic+ in bankai

Maybe prime Yamamoto. But old Yama was shown to have lost a lot of power and speed. It would be better to make another calc just for him. Kenny was on par with Gerard in his shikai so Bankai Kenny is most likely multiple times above Gerard. Assuming Gerard is around Mach 1000-2000 then Kenny is maybe Mach 3000-6000 by scaling

That's not how speed values work though. You can't quantity blitzing I think. Even if Kenpachi was faster than Gerard, he'll still be around the same level of speed as him since there's no speed value for that. No way Kenpachi is even scaling to Ichibē's feat in the first place.

I've seen Mach 3500 for Ichibē in some old threads so maybe this has already been calculated?

Bankai is a 5-10x increase and Kenpachi's Bankai is clearly all physical increase. So his speed should be increasing by at least 5x.

Also the other calcs used a different feat for Ichibei and they lowballed it by a lot.

Bankai multipliers aren't accepted here. Ichigo went from Country level in Shikai to Moon level in Bankai. The difference between the tiers is more than 5-10 times.

Then the wiki isn't doing something right. Yoruichi stated it herself that on average the multipliers are 5-10x. Obviously this means that some Bankai are more but not that much.

Forget this though, let's focus on the topic of the thread

Linear multipliers aren't really accurate. Like I said, Ichigo moved from Country level to Moon level, if those are accepted, he'd be Continent level at best.

Okay. I believe we'll have to wait for a calculation expert or something.

A assumed timeframe that low is never going to be accepted. Also Yhwach countered it with his arrows so he did not go the full distance

LordAizenSama said:
A assumed timeframe that low is never going to be accepted. Also Yhwach countered it with his arrows so he did not go the full distance
I used the timeframe of a blink of the eye. Bleach characters have shown to move far faster than that so honestly I lowballed it.

Also Yhwach was standing still when Ichibei caught up to him. We talked about this further up in the thread

1.Yhwach was still travelling if i remember correctly

2.Assumed timeframes aren't accepted

Also they have Sub Relativistic+ reactions.

Kkapoios said:
1.Yhwach was still travelling if i remember correctly

2.Assumed timeframes aren't accepted

Also they have Sub Relativistic+ reactions.
Yhwach was standing still when Ichibei cought up with him

Also how do you guys determine timeframes?

Exactly. Assumed timeframes should be fine as long as you can describe how and why you used it.

@Amlad

The Mimihagi feat gave used five minutes, which is a heck of a lot longer than one second, meaning that it's still within a reasonable doubt.

As LordAizen said, the assumed timeframe is too low, and Yhwach didn't even fly the whole distance.

The timeframe used was the time it takes to blink your eye. This should not be unreasonable for bleach characters.

Also we talked about Yhwach flying already in this thread and it was Shawn that Yhwach traveled the entire distance

@Reppuzan

5 minutes was unnecesarily low it didn't even make sense. How does it take a superhuman 5 whole minutes just to open a door? Even if we want to be lowball, lets still be reasonable here. 1 second for characters that can casually move at atleast MHS+ speeds is a very very long time. It happened like literally the next page lol.

@Amlad

Where did you get this timeframe from? That's the question. Is there any statement saying that Yhwach came back, "in an instant" or "before Ichibei could blink?" If not, you have to low ball it further.

Five minutes to fly from Soul Society to the Soul King's Palace is reasonable.

I'm seriously considering closing this thread given that our leading Bleach expert is saying no to this.

Apologies, I got it confused with a different feat. Nonetheless, FIVE minutes of the characters staring at each other doing nothing in the midst of batte and war is very unbelievable and unreasonable. Even one minute would be hilarious.

@Perilouss

The fact that Yhwach didn't fly the whole distance has yet to be addressed.

@Reppuzan

We know that yhwach wasnt mid flight when ichibei caught up with him because in literally the next sca , we see Yhwach and Ichibei standing perfectly still.

@Perilouss

I've reread that chapter.

He hadn't actually enacted it when he caught up to Yhwach, since he says, "When you've returned from flying 1000-ri".

Yhwach then spends an entire page flying and gathering his power before shooting himself before he crosses the whole distance.

So no, it did not happen in "an instant".

It took place in one page. No time was shown to have taken place at all. He was shot, then in the same page Ichibei caught up with him and Yhwach was standing still as Ichibei charged his next attack.

http://www.********.net/manga/chapter/128326_bleach-chapter-605/page_13

http://www.********.net/manga/chapter/128326_bleach-chapter-605/page_14

@Amlad

As I've already stated, he hadn't enacted the full 1000-ri push from Ichibe's statement:

"When you've returned from flying 1000-ri".

As in, "I haven't sent you flying 1000-ri yet, so you better start repenting now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back