• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Take Problem with Yansen Plot Manipulation

So, yeah, i clearly didn't see how is this getting any Plot Manipulation in the profile listed.

And seriously, i even thought the scan were even that much, but its just this one (lel).

The qualification for Plot Manipulation is as you all already know
1. Meta-Fiction Aspects
2. The Fundamental Block of Reality that really determines reality itself.

And by seeing the scans above, the only thing that have meta-fiction aspects is just by that one statement that says "story/novel/comic" without any further context (i mean, every character can say that kinsa statement with their haxes, still doesn't justified to be Plot Manipulation).

Not only that, Henry says "In this place" which means its usefulness works on a specific area and not the reality as a whole (This is just the same case like Instant Death tbh)... what abilities that scan gets is basically just a Pocket Dimensional with Law Manipulation, that was basically it.

The way the profile listed as "passive" just because the statement he have the system is kinda funny.
Yansen say that is because he summons the perfect counterpart of Henrys, not actually acquiring its power.
Even if he did have, just remember what i said earlier, the scans doesn't really have any further context into it, we don't know if Yansen still have that system...

Conclusion: Pocket Reality - Law Manipulation, Yansen only gets Power Mimicry

Agree:
Neutral:
Disagree:

It's nice to see some people getting interested in Yan Sen. Did you come because of the Bill Cipher thread out of curiosity?

The word used by a way better translation for "setting" is "chara design", which mean that it's Henry's character design that makes him get his power of always getting stronger than his opponent. Yan Sen copied/created a copy of Henry's chara design. Furthermore, in one of the last chapter, Henry explains that he has trouble learning Qi (or maybe he just can't) because the power system of Henry and Yan Sen are different.

Similarly, Henry's state that Yan Sen is "above the setting" after their fight.

Personally, I feel like the Meta-fiction aspect are respected as for the "fundamental block of reality", well, depend on how you take it I suppose. Regardless, yeah, the passive should just go.

Oh, I also didn't notice this.
Not only that, Henry says "In this place" which means its usefulness works on a specific area and not the reality as a whole (This is just the same case like Instant Death tbh)... what abilities that scan gets is basically just a Pocket Dimensional with Law Manipulation, that was basically it.
It works everywhere, no matter the universe or even outside of it, so that doesn't really matter. At most, you could maybe argue that it doesn't work in another story, but that's it really.

Personally, I feel like the Meta-fiction aspect are respected as for the "fundamental block of reality", well, depend on how you take it I suppose. Regardless, yeah, the passive should just go.
Henrys said "In this place" means that this "system" is not affecting said reality as a whole, and like i said above, its really just the same case like Instant Death (Plot Manipulation is not limited/restricted to a specific area)

It works everywhere, no matter the universe or even outside of it, so that doesn't really matter. At most, you could maybe argue that it doesn't work in another story, but that's it really.
Why you guys didn't added that in the profile?

Henrys said "In this place" means that this "system" is not affecting said reality as a whole, and like i said above, its really just the same case like Instant Death (Plot Manipulation is not limited/restricted to a specific area)
He said "in this place" as in, this reality/this story. Since the beginning of the fight, Henry grew stronger and stronger, heck, his body adapted to not get crushed by Yan Sen attack.

yeah, the passive should just go.
YanSen's setting is Creation, and so he has shown us that he can create anything or any power that we see in the manhua, and since he says that he can create setting within himself, it is quite natural that he is passive. Since Henry's setting is a passive plot, YanSen, which can create Henry's setting, must also be passive.

He said "in this place" as in, this reality/this story. Since the beginning of the fight, Henry grew stronger and stronger, heck, his body adapted to not get crushed by Yan Sen attack.
That was the way of Pocket Dimensional works, Yansen didn't know about this system clearly giving hints that "that" doesn't have any contributuon to reality.

And i just read the chapter (up to Henrys defeats), it still didn't say that it works everywhere.
If by what you mean is when reality is distorted, that's because there's so many Henrys infinitely trying to get stronger (every character with insane Reactive Evolution can also does this kinda thing)

YanSen's setting is Creation, and so he has shown us that he can create anything or any power that we see in the manhua, and since he says that he can create setting within himself, it is quite natural that he is passive. Since Henry's setting is a passive plot, YanSen, which can create Henry's setting, must also be passive.
He didn't applied that onto himself.

YanSen's medium is Creation, and so he has shown us that he can create anything or any power that we see in the manhua, and since he says that he can create setting within himself, it is quite natural that he is passive. Since Henry's setting is a passive plot, YanSen, which can create Henry's setting, must also be passive.
No, he can create a chara design, but only because he was fighting Henry, until now he had no idea of what was a "chara design/setting". He himself say that he can't kill Henry despite understanding his power. If he could just get him himself, that would be something active, not passive either way.

No, he can create a chara design, but only because he was fighting Henry, until now he had no idea of what was a "chara design/setting". He himself say that he can't kill Henry despite understanding his power. If he could just get him himself, that would be something active, not passive either way.
Yeah, that makes sense.

That was the way of Pocket Dimensional works, Yansen didn't about this system clearly giving hints that "that" doesn't have any contributuon to reality.
There is no pocket dimension here. The White Void is just the space beyond the universe. It works during their fight around earth, it works during their fight in another dimension, heck, it works when he was just a baby. As long as there is something to fight, he'll get stronger.
And i just read the chapter (up to Henrys defeats), it still didn't say that it works everywhere.
It doesn't say verbatim, "it works everywhere" but the fight itself give us enough proof to say it works.
If by what you mean is when reality is distorted, that's because there's so many Henrys infinitely trying to get stronger (every character with insane Reactive Evolution can also does this kinda thing)
No, Henry vs his clones is unrelated to the issue you're bringing here.

There is no pocket dimension here. The White Void is just the space beyond the universe. It works during their fight around earth, it works during their fight in another dimension, heck, it works when he was just a baby. As long as there is something to fight, he'll get stronger.
Its still didn't explaining why he said "In this place", i mean, why would he used that word in the first place?

Its still didn't explaining why he said "In this place", i mean, why would he used that word in the first place?
Because "this place" is his reality, his story. Yan Sen (and cultivation) are irregularities that were stranded from their original world.

In the normal "setting", Henry should be the strongest superhero but when Yan Sen came into this world, "this place", a conflict was destined to arise since Yan Sen is also the "strongest" in his own world/setting.

Henry explains that he doesn't care from which story, novel or comics Yan Sen is from.

"In this place", which, would be story/reality here, he's formidable/invincible because that's his chara design, he was created to be the strongest.

To which Yan Sen, who isn't aware of what "chara design" mean, mockingly said that "he's going to alter it", as in, Henry will not stay "the strongest" anymore.

Because "this place" is his reality, his story. Yan Sen (and cultivation) are irregularities that were stranded from their original world.

In the normal "setting", Henry should be the strongest superhero but when Yan Sen came into this world, "this place", a conflict was destined to arise since Yan Sen is also the "strongest" in his own world/setting.

Henry explains that he doesn't care from which story, novel or comics Yan Sen is from.

"In this place", which, would be story/reality here, he's formidable/invincible because that's his chara design, he was created to be the strongest.

To which Yan Sen, who isn't aware of what "chara design" mean, mockingly said that "he's going to alter it", as in, Henry will not stay "the strongest" anymore.
This is much more understandable than the descriptions on his profile listed, thank you.

Tho, Passive should be removed, right?

Back