• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I have some questions about the Cthulhu universe

1Why would a universe with infinite dimensions be considered a high 1-B level?
2The universe in the universe is infinitely continuous?
3Is there a timeline split in the Cthulhu universe? If yes, can you give me the corresponding paragraph?

Because it meets the requirements for High 1-B
And i see the paragraph about the Cthulhu universe from the Internet:Each tiny dimension contains infinite universe and time lines, and also contains all imagination and reality. All of this dimension is a tiny point of the previous dimension.It's an endless cycle,Every moment, endless new concepts and dimensions emerge.It's all three-dimensional.
Do you think it's true?

A universe is infinite dimensional, which meets the requirements for High 1-B and there are many universes in existence, which are in turn atoms in a higher order world.

As for that Internet stuff, it's headcanon.

1. Bc it meet the requirements, Infinite Higher Dimension, each dimension trivialize the last

2. Don't know

3. Probably a different canon entirely

A universe is infinite dimensional, which meets the requirements for High 1-B and there are many universes in existence, which are in turn atoms in a higher order world.

As for that Internet stuff, it's headcanon.
you mean this paragraph is not true?

Last edited:
The paragraph of what? The Infinite Higher Dimension?
this:Each tiny dimension contains infinite universe and time lines, and also contains all imagination and reality. All of this dimension is a tiny point of the previous dimension.It's an endless cycle,Every moment, endless new concepts and dimensions emerge.It's all three-dimensional.

That paragraph doesn't exist in the canon Mythos.
And this universe in the universe is infinitely continuous?
"There are worlds beyond worlds, universes within and without universes," said the ancient. "You are upon a different planet than that upon which you were born; you are in a different universe, doubtless in a different dimension,"
I have not said that you are dead, as you name it. As for that, you may be still upon your little planet, as far as you know. Worlds within worlds, universes within universes. Things exist too small and too large for human comprehension. Each pebble on the beaches of Valusia contains countless universes within itself, and itself as a whole is as much a part of the great plan of all universes, as is the sun you know. Your universe, Kull of Valusia, may be a pebble on the shore of a mighty kingdom. "You have broken the bounds of material limitations. You may be in a universe which goes to make up a gem on the robe you wore on Valusia's throne or that universe you knew may be in the spiderweb which lies there on the grass near your feet. I tell you, size and space and time are relative and do not really exist."

I have no idea what you mean by infinitely continuous.
such as this paragraph,our universe is contained in a larger universe, and this larger universe is contained in an even larger universe,This process is infinite?

We're not sure. At least, I don't think we treat it as an infinite chain on the wiki. Just as an ambiguously long one.

We're not sure. At least, I don't think we treat it as an infinite chain on the wiki. Just as an ambiguously long one.
thanks bro,i have last question
Does the Cthulhu universe have mathematical structure?
such as transfinite numbers,Aleph number…
because of I see all the low1-A leve standard have Aleph numbers,such as:and are thus equated to the first uncountably infinite cardinal, ℵ1, for simplicity's sake

That question is extremely incoherent. What do you meant mathematical structure? An Aleph isn't an object that can exist.

That question is extremely incoherent. What do you meant mathematical structure? An Aleph isn't an object that can exist.
The vsbattle low1-a level standard,he said:and are thus equated to the first uncountably infinite cardinal, ℵ1, for simplicity's sake.
And yog azathoth the the Ultimate Gods is tier0
so,cthulhu universe beyond this Aleph number?

this:Each tiny dimension contains infinite universe and time lines, and also contains all imagination and reality. All of this dimension is a tiny point of the previous dimension.It's an endless cycle,Every moment, endless new concepts and dimensions emerge.It's all three-dimensional.
Never seen that statement anywhere in the Lovecraft's Canon

The vsbattle low1-a level standard,he said:and are thus equated to the first uncountably infinite cardinal, ℵ1, for simplicity's sake.
And yog azathoth the the Ultimate Gods is tier0
so,cthulhu universe beyond this Aleph number?
Probably, there's an Infinite Outerversal Hierarchy there

Yes gate is infinite.
And 1-A is Aleph2 dimension.
A large Cardinal beyond the Aleph number is High 1-A or higher.
can you give me the corresponding paragraph about infinite gate? because Through the Gates of the Silver Key said:but a multiplicity of gates,this is not infinite
And my mean is cthulhu universe beyond Aleph number? how to prove?

can you give me the corresponding paragraph about infinite gate? because Through the Gates of the Silver Key said:but a multiplicity of gates,this is not infinite
There are invisible gates between the final gate and the first gate, which are described as vacuum in hypnos.
And it is said that there is an infinite vacuum.

And infinite doesn't mean much in itself. It is important that something infinity applies.

From a zero-dimensional perspective, three dimension will be seen as uncountable infinity.

There's a multiplicity of gate, but that doesn't mean that it's not Infinite.

This hierarchy of Gate is mentioned on "The Dream Quest of the Unknown Kadath"
Off that vast hippocephalic abomination leaped the doomed and desperate dreamer, and down through endless voids of sentient blackness he fell. Aeons reeled, universes died and were born again, stars became nebulae and nebulae became stars, and still Randolph Carter fell through those endless voids of sentient blackness.
You're definitely gonna say: "That's Voids not Gates", and you are correct. But there's a statement about the Archetype being able to manipulate any perspective, so it will makes sense if Carter mistook the Gates as Voids.
To this variety of angles of consciousness the feeble beings of the inner worlds are slaves, since with rare exceptions they cannot learn to control them. Only a few students of forbidden things have gained inklings of this control, and have thereby conquered time and change. But the entities outside the Gates command all angles, and view the myriad parts of the cosmos in terms of fragmentary, change-involving perspective, or of the changeless totality beyond perspective, in accordance with their will.
So there's an infinite amount of Gates, it's just not directly stated.

There's a multiplicity of gate, but that doesn't mean that it's not Infinite.

This hierarchy of Gate is mentioned on "The Dream Quest of the Unknown Kadath"

You're definitely gonna say: "That's Voids not Gates", and you are correct. But there's a statement about the Archetype being able to manipulate any perspective, so it will makes sense if Carter mistook the Gates as Voids.

So there's an infinite amount of Gates, it's just not directly stated.
Why do you think Carter mistook the gate for the void?If the gate is void, then the gate has no meaning

There are invisible gates between the final gate and the first gate, which are described as vacuum in hypnos.
And it is said that there is an infinite vacuum.

And infinite doesn't mean much in itself. It is important that something infinity applies.

From a zero-dimensional perspective, three dimension will be seen as uncountable infinity.
If the gate is void, then the gate has no meaning
so,your mean is the infinite dimension=ℵ1?or?

It can be swapped due to Archetype messing perspective, we don't know what it truly is but we do know it's a hierarchy.

I don't know what's Aleph and stuff but i do know that the First Gate qualify for Outerversal.

It can be swapped due to Archetype messing perspective, we don't know what it truly is but we do know it's a hierarchy.

I don't know what's Aleph and stuff but i do know that the First Gate qualify for Outerversal.
i can't understand "swapped"and Outerversal

i can't understand "swapped"
They change it, because of Archetype messing with perspective, it's not a retconned thing either.
but the cthulhu universe have no aleph,just have infinite dimension
Infinite higher dimension, that qualify for H1-B. And then we have the First Gate that encompass all of these as a "small wholeness" indicating that the infinite higher dimension is nothing but an infinitesimal part of the First Gate.

The First Gate qualify for 1-A.

You can describe a higher infinity without mentioning the Aleph number in the work.

In Lovecraft, the higher-dimensional cross-section is low-dimensional.

This implies a spatial dimension, which is described as a higher infinity, as if the two-dimensional plane could not be three-dimensional, even if it were infinite.

They change it, because of Archetype messing with perspective, it's not a retconned thing either.

Infinite Higher Dimension, that qualify for H1-B. And then we have the First Gate that encompass all of these as a "small wholeness" indicating that the infinite higher dimension is nothing but an infinitesimal part of the First Gate.
Through the Gates of the Silver Key said:The world of men and of the gods of men is merely an infinitesimal phase of an infinitesimal thing—the three-dimensional phase of that small wholeness reached by the First Gate
someone said this world is earth,not universe

Through the Gates of the Silver Key said:The world of men and of the gods of men is merely an infinitesimal phase of an infinitesimal thing—the three-dimensional phase of that small wholeness reached by the First Gate
someone said this world is earth,not universe

The first gate is referred to as trans-dimensional and non-dimensional, so it seems to be evaluated as Wiki 1-A.

Simple trans-dimension means more than four dimensions, but at the same time they are mentioned as non-dimensional, so I think they are beyond all dimensions.

You can describe a higher infinity without mentioning the Aleph number in the work.

In Lovecraft, the higher-dimensional cross-section is low-dimensional.

This implies a spatial dimension, which is described as a higher infinity, as if the two-dimensional plane could not be three-dimensional, even if it were infinite.
so,How do you calculate the difference in each dimension?You could even say that each dimension is beyond Aleph infinite,even more.

Back