• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I ask here to approve the page I created for Ophiuchus Odysseus

In fact, this was the main reason why Seiya and company defeated Thanatos and Hypnos, because the Saints' superior ability made them able to adapt to their opponents' techniques, something Hypnos and Thanatos cannot do, because the gods are clumsy fighters and only defeat their opponents with their superior power.
Shions skill is of note precisely because it surpasses the twins. This implies they have a great degree of skill, which makes sense considering how long they have been around. And of course Athena herself is the goddess of battle, so saying ALL gods have a skill issue doesn’t seem very accurate to me. Although the battle choreography may not be very impressive, it shouldn’t detract from the lore saying this.

Shions skill is of note precisely because it surpasses the twins. This implies they have a great degree of skill, which makes sense considering how long they have been around. And of course Athena herself is the goddess of battle, so saying ALL gods have a skill issue doesn’t seem very accurate to me. Although the battle choreography may not be very impressive, it shouldn’t detract from the lore saying this.
Remember that in the official site, which is the most recent and updated source of information about the series, they removed the skill table and only kept some descriptions about the characters and the descriptions of the techniques (with some corrections). The fact that the gods have a long lifespan does not mean that they were training or improving their skills all that time. In fact, no god in this series is characterized by great combat skills and they are simply more the type of character that is a tank, with great power that overwhelms their opponents, but they do not fight with skill and ability. Athena is the goddess of battle, only because of what this goddess symbolizes and represents, who has always remained in conflict to protect mankind, but it does not mean that Athena stands out for great combat ability. But, as mentioned, the superior combat ability of the Saints was what made the fight against the gods to be placed in their favor, even when the power between them is comparable.

Last edited:
You're welcome, not really, Odysseus did absolutely nothing for the Universe to stay like this, proof of that is Odysseus' own servant mentioned (which in this case is a snake) and almost at the very end of the manga, mentions exactly that who was causing that was Athena and not Odysseus, I will bring all context later.
Bro never brought the context 💀

Back