• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I am Groot!! ... Are you a Pokémon?

Can't Gary just throw a ball to catch him before he gets wrapped up?

DMUA said:
Can't Gary just throw a ball to catch him before he gets wrapped up?
The counter argument is that groot can, you know, hit the ball with a vine before being caught.

Doesn't any contact with the ball cause it to activate and start catching?

And considering how weak Groot is relative to even basic Pokemon being 8-A, I don't think he's breaking out. He'd need to to dodge it to stand a chance.

I'll go with Gary for my reasons.

The counter argument is that groot can, you know, hit the ball with a vine before being caught.

What? Where is that from? I know for a fact that it absorbs in the air in-games, and I vividly remember that stuff happenong in thr cartoon too.

Because they don't hit the pokemon, they absorb by being near them

BTW will Gary really throw a ball first thing?

He has no pokemon with him and I think it's very OOC for a trainer like Gary to physically attack what looks like a pokemon to him in order to beat it to the point where he can use a pokeball.

If he can't ise his own pokemon, I doubt he would fight it any other way.

But still, pretty sure that they do need to hit.

He's either gonna pull a pokemon or catch Groot

the former leads to Groot getting pretty much vaporized and the latter leads to Gary probably still winning

via an immensely higher AP

maybe vaporized is exaggerating but you know 6-C vs 9-B just ain't fair

Yes

thereby his options consist of throwing a pokeball or throwing a pokeball

Gary throws Quick Ball, Groot tries to catch it due to thinking they're playing a game, Groot gets caught, battle over.

Back