• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter X Hunter Downgrades

When a popular verse gets downgraded, but a certain preceding Cult Classic made by the same creator gets upgrades in turn

Evil Popcorn Guy-3
Evil Popcorn Guy-3

Yeah, Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite Anime/Manga of all time. And a side note, I love Hunter X Hunter too, It's just we got have a sinister popcorn joke every once in a while.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite Anime/Manga of all time. And a side note, I love Hunter X Hunter too, It's just we got have a sinister popcorn joke every once in a while.
I'll put it on my list.

Btw the main character of that series is rated at 6-B for no reason. As a fan, you may want to fiz that :)

Eledgedly the anime is noncanon

Despite the only differences being the exposition before the first arc really gets going and the ending

Of course, no matter canoncity, it's one of the awesomest animes I've seen in recent times.

Only slight ones; the 8-A's are getting upgraded to 7-C based on a new Hiei Vs Bui calc. But this is a derailment, so let's stay on topic.

Also, the 6-B rating is do to being far superior to Sensui and base on a 50 Teraton feat Yusuke and Yomi did extremely casually, but enough derailment.

Yeah, though it would be preferable to link to a blog post with the actual energy values instead of just putting the volumes of the impact up

Um... Why was 7-B post Rose removed without being discussed?

Also a few more people, like the royal guards and Zeno to name a few, should scale to Low 7-C.

If the changes have been carried out, is there anything left to do here?

Edwellken said:
Um... Why was 7-B post Rose removed without being discussed?

Also a few more people, like the royal guards and Zeno to name a few, should scale to Low 7-C.
YEAH!!!

I mean Pitou did stomp Kite and the Low 7-B feat was agreed upon as being very casual

What about Chrollo's calc? Is it going to be evaluated? Because I don't think vaporization should be used.

Okay something really important needs to be done here.

Forget those trashi-tier horrendously put together Narutofourms calcs. Remake them here. Because one of them didn't even have a calculated yield.

>Forget those trashi-tier horrendously put together Narutofourms calcs. Remake them here. Because one of them didn't even have a calculated yield.

That's... a bit excessive but not gonna harp on that. I agree that they should be remade.

All of them?

Including the post rose feat?

Take a while but alright, after all we are an indexing site

Problem is

We'd need to pixel scale everything ourselves

I'd need to rewatch Hunter X Hunter so I can remember the feats exist

.... That's basically it really but it's a lot more work then I let on

Andytrenom said:
>Forget those trashi-tier horrendously put together Narutofourms calcs. Remake them here. Because one of them didn't even have a calculated yield.
That's... a bit excessive but not gonna harp on that. I agree that they should be remade.
Sorry. I should've worded that a little more respectfully.

My point being that the Naruto Fourms calcs are confusing, and oddly formatted. It would be best to remake them

I wonder if it's possible to find clearer renders for some char. like Meruem, but at least it's better than Yu Yu Hakusho were most characters lacks one.

Can I suggest one thing? That maybe, just maybe, Meruem's Low 7-B feats become an outlier if he has no supporting feats to being about a thousand times stronger than before else than one rage blast which may have been a badly drawn scene. Surviving the 7-B blast as Low 7-C isn't enough, since he got completely screwed from that.

What I mean with this is that he'd go "Low 7-C, higher post rose" or "Low 7-C | At Least Low 7-C" instead of having a Low 7-B or 7-B key.

But yeah, i agree with the CRT.

I mean, he got blaintly super amped. And as I say...

Statistics Amplification isn't an outlier.

Unless we find that the creatures in the Dark Continent which was stated to be so strong that Meruem would be an ant shown feats far below Meruem's output then we can't say is an outlier.

Meruem is undoubtedly the strongest entity in the HxH world in terms of physical power (but not hax), so him having a Low 7-B feat while the rest of the verse is much less is not a bad thing.

The God's from RWBY are all Planet level despite the rest of the verse being mostly Large Building and City Block level.

@Damage, agreed although I more think of Meruem being at least Low 7-B but likely 7-B due to how casually done the Low 7-B feat was. if it was all out, I think that Rage blast would have been like a final flash

Damage3245 said:
Meruem is undoubtedly the strongest entity in the HxH world in terms of physical power (but not hax), so him having a Low 7-B feat while the rest of the verse is much less is not a bad thing.
True, but this may or may not be Low 7B if it gets recalced again

I'm not just speaking from the fact Meruem is the strongest entity. Sure he is, but him being Low 7-C while the ones with barely enough power to compete are 8-A+ already shows that. Low 7-C to Low 7-B is a thousandfold power boost, and if there are no intermediary feats between one and the other and the speed boost was just threefold, I'd argue there's a chance it (the Low 7-B feat) was an outlier.

The anime does show him as having become "several times stronger", but it doesn't give it a narrative weight proportional to such a buff that even someone who he'd previously been unable to do anything against would now be unable to do anything against him. Besides, yeah, that calc can get a revision and it might become something lower and less absurd-looking, or not.

So you're just gonna ignore the fact that he absorbed the powers of 2 of his subordinates (who should also be Low 7-C) and obviously got a massive power boost? Low 7-B is not an outlier, but a legitimate feat whose in story purpose was to show the massive increase in power for his new form. Even then, that's not the focus of this thread.

The royal guards are enough of a threat to Netero to scale to him. Zeno scales to both Netero and Pitou, Silva and Chrollo scale to Zeno, Hisoka to Chrollo, Illumi to Hisoka, and then Youpi and (possibly) Pouf scale to Pitou.

Are there any objections to the above scaling and placing the mentioned characters at Low 7-C?

Netero is someone capable of slightly hurting Meruem and of taking on Royal Guards via having similar levels of power but far superior intellect, right? Makes sense for him to scale to them or vice-versa.

Is there a chance Meruem gets an "At Least Low 7-C" due to being far stronger than the Royal Guards?

Capable of slightly hurting Meruem over the course of hundreds / thousands of hits with his most powerful ability...

Uh, that seems enough to warrant 7-C. Netero wouldn't stand a shitieth of a chance if not for his immense skill, since he was basically just stalling Meruem the whole fight.

Back