• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter X Hunter and Fairy Tail ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ichigo Freecs said:
No problem mate :)
The problem though, we know that even with Meruem's power when he showed it to all of the RG, it didn't even come close to the power he released when he was enraged. Plus his post-Rose self wasn't initially capable of fully controlling his power, and the whole concept of him using Youpi's rage blast is to show that he can use his RG's abilities, not to show his power. I do believe that in the palace, he's much stronger than either.

Hear me again. First of all, he took on the Rose on point blank range, so most of the energy hit him. Second of all, we didn't see Meruem immediately after the explosion. We saw him dozens and dozens of minutes after the explosion. He was cooking under the temperature and radiation of Ground Zero. Multiply the energy of the explosion with the energy he was recieving from being in Ground Zero's heat. The sum would be much higher than just 60Mt.

It comes from a calc, not an estimation. 60Mt is just the intial explosion. We get panels of the explosion expanding and vaporizing the nearby environment (we're talking multiple plateaus). A closeup shot of the environment shows the place they're fighting in surrounded by a lot of plateaus. After the explosion, the site was on a similar level for miles. Meaning all of those plateaus were vaporized. They weren't included in the calc. That only means the Rose is much much much higher than 60Mt.

Also if you take how big the HxH world is, the Rose was shown to be slightly over the horizon. A small scale of the HxH's world size . This doesn't even include the Dark Continent. Just the world and the lake surrounding it. So at least the Rose will be country+ level from that but I digress. I don't think it matters here.

Gon's Ko was shown to be comparable to a mountain, and it's obviously not his full power. I'm pretty sure that post-Rose will be pushed to multi-mountain to mountain range level at his absolute limits. Most likely the latter. 60Mt aside, it would take massively much more than 60Mt to make Meruem into that state. Pouf knew it was a bomb that made him in that state. He outright stated that he's invincible and has no rivals so even that bomb won't come close to do anything to him post-Rose and even at that time we didn't get to see Meruem's limits in the palace.
The rage blast isn't the most important part about that scene, I mean, it kind of is, but not for the conversation we're having; to us the most important part about the events at ground zero should be Youpi and Pouf being amazed by Meruem's aura and Pouf stating that he's "clearly more powerful than before" while he's just standing there. Comparing Meruem's shown power in that scene to earlier with Pitou, there is no comparison to be made: we have two seens with statements demonstrating that he is on a level higher than his regular, and no indication of either being above the other. Two statements from independant characters who don't even know there is a comparison to be made in two completely seperate seens. The rage blast has no baring on this.

I disagree with calling that "point blank", the explosion's surface area by the time it reached him would have been several time it's cross-sectional area with him, but further down you say that you don't think the Rose matters here, so I'll leave it and skip to the last paragraph.

If you're referring to the panel I think you're referring to, then, no. Gon's Ko was not shown to comparable to a mountain; there was a mountain further n the background, behind Gon's Ko, and either way it's just the area covered by his aura, it doesn't matter if it doesn't translate into output of the same scale.

Why would it take massively more than 60Mt to put him in that state? he's never been shown to take 60Mt and not end up in that state; that seems like pure conjecture.

You said above that the Rose would be atleast country level, so, to be clear, are you now saying that post-rose has Country Level durability?

Once again, I'm sorry I left you so long without a response.

Rib78 said:
Ichigo Freecs said:
No problem mate :)
The problem though, we know that even with Meruem's power when he showed it to all of the RG, it didn't even come close to the power he released when he was enraged. Plus his post-Rose self wasn't initially capable of fully controlling his power, and the whole concept of him using Youpi's rage blast is to show that he can use his RG's abilities, not to show his power. I do believe that in the palace, he's much stronger than either.

Hear me again. First of all, he took on the Rose on point blank range, so most of the energy hit him. Second of all, we didn't see Meruem immediately after the explosion. We saw him dozens and dozens of minutes after the explosion. He was cooking under the temperature and radiation of Ground Zero. Multiply the energy of the explosion with the energy he was recieving from being in Ground Zero's heat. The sum would be much higher than just 60Mt.

It comes from a calc, not an estimation. 60Mt is just the intial explosion. We get panels of the explosion expanding and vaporizing the nearby environment (we're talking multiple plateaus). A closeup shot of the environment shows the place they're fighting in surrounded by a lot of plateaus. After the explosion, the site was on a similar level for miles. Meaning all of those plateaus were vaporized. They weren't included in the calc. That only means the Rose is much much much higher than 60Mt.

Also if you take how big the HxH world is, the Rose was shown to be slightly over the horizon. A small scale of the HxH's world size . This doesn't even include the Dark Continent. Just the world and the lake surrounding it. So at least the Rose will be country+ level from that but I digress. I don't think it matters here.

Gon's Ko was shown to be comparable to a mountain, and it's obviously not his full power. I'm pretty sure that post-Rose will be pushed to multi-mountain to mountain range level at his absolute limits. Most likely the latter. 60Mt aside, it would take massively much more than 60Mt to make Meruem into that state. Pouf knew it was a bomb that made him in that state. He outright stated that he's invincible and has no rivals so even that bomb won't come close to do anything to him post-Rose and even at that time we didn't get to see Meruem's limits in the palace.
The rage blast isn't the most important part about that scene, I mean, it kind of is, but not for the conversation we're having; to us the most important part about the events at ground zero should be Youpi and Pouf being amazed by Meruem's aura and Pouf stating that he's "clearly more powerful than before" while he's just standing there. Comparing Meruem's shown power in that scene to earlier with Pitou, there is no comparison to be made: we have two seens with statements demonstrating that he is on a level higher than his regular, and no indication of either being above the other. Two statements from independant characters who don't even know there is a comparison to be made in two completely seperate seens. The rage blast has no baring on this.
I disagree with calling that "point blank", the explosion's surface area by the time it reached him would have been several time it's cross-sectional area with him, but further down you say that you don't think the Rose matters here, so I'll leave it and skip to the last paragraph.

If you're referring to the panel I think you're referring to, then, no. Gon's Ko was not shown to comparable to a mountain; there was a mountain further n the background, behind Gon's Ko, and either way it's just the area covered by his aura, it doesn't matter if it doesn't translate into output of the same scale.

Why would it take massively more than 60Mt to put him in that state? he's never been shown to take 60Mt and not end up in that state; that seems like pure conjecture.

You said above that the Rose would be atleast country level, so, to be clear, are you now saying that post-rose has Country Level durability?

Once again, I'm sorry I left you so long without a response.
What you said in your paragraph will just return us to the first point of our discussion. The only one who witnessed pre-Rose Meruem's real power is Pitou. She was completely overwhelmed. That didn't happen when Pouf and Youpi witnessed Meruem's power prior to his showing of power in the palace.

Well, he was impacted by a huge power in any way. He was only a few meters away from Netero.

It was kind of comparable to a mountain. You're right, but I think it might scale to his output. Also it wasn't close to his full power too.

Because 60Mt was just the explosion before it even finished. They used the first page where the Rose exploded. Where they got 60Mt. But in the next page, the Rose was still busy expanding into the environment. We then see the environment on the same level for miles where before the Rose activated there were dozens of hills. Also that's not it. Meruem was still cooking in the Ground Zero of the Rose immediately after the explosion. So he was being impacted by the actual explosion itself + the heat and radiation of explosion after the explosion. Add those two together and it will end up much, much higher than 60Mt.

Look back at my post above and you'll see me saying I'm not with it at all :p .

No problems at all, my friend. I know you might be busy and what not. Take your absolute time.

This discussion has been going on for over a month! I am extremely tired of it, and will let Rib make a final decision in his next reply. Then I close the thread, and the topic is over and done with. Period.

Also, do not repeatedly quote each other. It spams the thread with unnecessary content. Thank you.

I didn't think "overwhelmed" is the right word to draw the distinction with, Pitou got chills from Meruem's show of power, because it was extremely negative; it scared her. Pouf and Youpi's reaction (especially with Pouf repeating himself in his own inner monologue) could be considered a sort of being overwhelmed too, if it had to be. At the very least there is no indication that it's less than Pitou felt before; the major difference between the two is the emotions tied up i his aura.

"In a huge way" yeah, but with omnidirectional expansion being a few metres from the point of release still cuts the energy faced down several times over.

In what way was it comparable to a mountain? there was a mountain in the background.

With the panel they used, they scaled the Rose from the Horizon or something like that, right? You yourself pointed out that HxH would have far more distant horizons anyway. So does it even matter?

I think you'd be better off if you were saying that, though. It's spectacular double-think to recognize that the Rose would be on that level, and to believe that post-Rose can take a Rose, and not believe he's got durability on that level. If you think that Country level durability for post-Rose is too much, you can't fall back on illegitimate values for the Rose because they're less convenient.

@Antvasima: I'm not to happy about making this decision unilaterally, but if it's falling on me then I'd say we definitely shouldn't scale the anyone but post-rose Meruem himself from the Rage Blast, and that the Rage Blast is Small City level at best. I'd recommened Town level for Adult Gon and pre-Rose Meruem; possibly Large Town level.

Sorry to both of you for the wait.

All right. I will close the topic now. You can modify the profiles if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back