• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Humanity's Greatest Tournament Round 2 Match 4: Frank West VS Pyro (STOMP)

Frank West VS Pyro

gwKgwtc.jpeg

Rules
  • Speed will be equalized.
  • Both have their standard equipment but not their optional equipment.
  • Battles take place at night at Zamboanga City.
  • Pyro and Frank's 9-B Keys are used.
  • Anything above 9-B is restricted.
  • Both start 40 meters away from each other and not within each others line of sight.
  • Both have a day of preparation but no knowledge on each other.

"I've covered wars, you know.": 2
"Hudda hudda huh!": 1
"Inconclusive": 0

JlYkGwV.png

Last edited:
so Pyro has a good AP and Durability advantage over Frank but Frank basically has every other advantage, Frank's Mid-Low regen and resistance to fire means Pyro isn't gonna be dealing anything that'll actually put Frank down for long enough alongside Frank having greater range with his guns just allows him to play harder keep away from Pyro who is gonna have a hard time getting in close enough for long, Frank also fights people like Pyro all the time basically insane so he holds a decent skill advantage due to his experience.

Last edited:
so Pyro a good AP and Durability advantage over Frank but Frank basically has every other advantage, Frank's Mid-Low regen and resistance to fire means Pyro isn't gonna be dealing anything that'll actually put Frank down for long enough alongside Frank having greater range with his guns just allows him to play harder keep away from Pyro who is gonna have a hard time getting in close enough for long, Frank also fights people like Pyro all the time basically insane so he holds a decent skill advantage due to his experience.
Frank FRA and FRB
Votes Counted

so Pyro has a good AP and Durability advantage over Frank but Frank basically has every other advantage, Frank's Mid-Low regen and resistance to fire means Pyro isn't gonna be dealing anything that'll actually put Frank down for long enough alongside Frank having greater range with his guns just allows him to play harder keep away from Pyro who is gonna have a hard time getting in close enough for long, Frank also fights people like Pyro all the time basically insane so he holds a decent skill advantage due to his experience.
Pyro can bypass fire resistance with the gas passer and due to the fact that frank is just a normal guy with normal human weaknesses he is going to be takeing a flamethrower to the face for long. Pyro can also close the distance between the two with his jetpact. Pyro has been fighting in the Gravel War for over 3 years iirc so he might take experience.

Oh if Pyro deflects the right projectile he might be able to reflect them back at Frank. Not sure if there's any specific items that would **** over Frank hard tho

I feel like pyro has the means to take the win here. Pyro can fly on top of a building to spot Frank and ambush him with the Gas Passer to bypass his fire resistance then Burn him to death. That and the fact Pyro has at least 4 years of combat experience (3 in the gravel war fighting the other mercs. 1 year iirc in the Robot War fighting hordes of robots) makes me think Pyro would win this more times than not.

I feel like pyro has the means to take the win here. Pyro can fly on top of a building to spot Frank and ambush him with the Gas Passer to bypass his fire resistance then Burn him to death. That and the fact Pyro has at least 4 years of combat experience (3 in the gravel war fighting the other mercs. 1 year iirc in the Robot War fighting hordes of robots) makes me think Pyro would win this more times than not.
vote counted

well too lazy to debate though.frank fra

Pyro can bypass fire resistance with the gas passer and due to the fact that frank is just a normal guy with normal human weaknesses he is going to be takeing a flamethrower to the face for long. Pyro can also close the distance between the two with his jetpact. Pyro has been fighting in the Gravel War for over 3 years iirc so he might take experience.
Pyro has never shown to use any type of skill to beat his opponents he's always been able to overwhelm them, Frank has fought with people who are exactly like Pyro and comes out on top every time, he casually destroys entire military units on his own including Brock Mason the leader of said group and Cliff Hudson who was a Vietnam veteran. Mid-Low, invulnerability, and resistance to fire manip are gonna make the flamethrower pointless as well as Frank's greater range
Frank is far FAR better at stealth then Pyro would be, if Pyro takes off on top of a building then Frank will simply try to get the jump on him, he's broken into heavily guarded military bases without being spotted and can sneak attack people without making a sound, Experience =/= Skill Pyro may have more experience on Frank but he is not one to use skill instead just overwhelming his opponents with Fire which is gonna be incredibly difficult to do here.

Pyro has never shown to use any type of skill to beat his opponents he's always been able to overwhelm them,
I don't think pyro even needs skill here. All Pyro needs is Frank to get within Gas Passer range because he's not going to be taking fire without his resistance for long.
Mid-Low, invulnerability, and resistance to fire manip are gonna make the flamethrower pointless as well as Frank's greater range
Pyro also has regeneration for an unknown type and invulnerability. The Gas Passer can be used to bypass fire resistance on fire and Pyro can use the Thermal Thruster to close the distance between them and Pyro has a range of several dozen feet with secondary weapons so Pyro can still be affective at mid-range.
Frank is far FAR better at stealth then Pyro would be, if Pyro takes off on top of a building then Frank will simply try to get the jump on him,
I'm saying that Pyro could spot Frank first by getting on a building, they both start 40 meters apart out in the open so Pyro might be able to spot him first and get the jump on him.

Pyro also has regeneration for an unknown type and invulnerability. The Gas Passer can be used to bypass fire resistance on fire and Pyro can use the Thermal Thruster to close the distance between them and Pyro has a range of several dozen feet with secondary weapons so Pyro can still be affective at mid-range.
Pyro doesn't have any of his Magic Spells and Power Ups, when he was accepted into the tournament it was "optional equipment along with power-ups are restrictred". his other guns aren't as good, shotguns that require him to be up-close which isn't gonna go well due to Frank's massive arsenal for CQC and Flareguns which Frank is easily gonna dodge. Pyro having regen of an unknown type means nothing and his invulnerability only last 5 seconds compared to Frank's 10.
I don't think pyro even needs skill here. All Pyro needs is Frank to get within Gas Passer range because he's not going to be taking fire without his resistance for long.
the Gas Passer doesn't negate his regen so he'll be able to heal it off which is exactly what Mid-Low accounts for "such as severe burns or deep injuries" alongside Energizer which'll make any damage pointless for 10 seconds giving him plenty of time to heal up with food items

Pyro doesn't have any of his Magic Spells and Power Ups, when he was accepted into the tournament it was "optional equipment along with power-ups are restrictred". his other guns aren't as good shotguns that require him to be up-close which isn't gonna go well due to Frank's massive arsenal for CQC and Flareguns which Frank is easily gonna dodge.
Regen is in his robot war key.
the Gas Passer doesn't negate his regen so he'll be able to heal it off which is exactly what Mid-Low accounts for "such as severe burns or deep injuries" alongside Energizer which'll make any damage pointless for 10 seconds giving him plenty of time to heal up with food items
If he goes invincible Pyro can easily just airblast him off-balance wasting his 10 seconds'.

a lot of pyro's stuff is wrong here.

Pyro does have skill, he doesn't just 'overwhelm them'. he makes even the most of skilled mercenaries run away from him in fear for what he's done to others. he was singlehandedly capable of taking down the entire blu team himself, which does include a pyro.

pyro has dealt with another Pyro (two to be exact, as theres the classic pyro and the blu pyro, who both exist at the same time canonically if i recall). if Frank resists his flamethrower pyro will just switch to one of his other weapons that dont use fire, like his shotgun or one of his many melee weapons.

Pyro has a mobility advantage with his jetpack, which allows him to easily get into range for his shotgun/melee weapon. Pyro can also easily bypass Frank's regeneration as he's known to dismember people, blow giant holes into people's bodies, and burn people to nothing but a skeleton (this is possible with the gas passer).

Pyro also has random crits (which are canon) which is an accepted 3x amp to his AP

That by itself would probably give a close win to Pyro from what it sounds like. (I'd have to hear Frank's defender first)

But that's without the 24 hour prep time.

Pyro does have skill, he doesn't just 'overwhelm them'. he makes even the most of skilled mercenaries run away from him in fear for what he's done to others. he was singlehandedly capable of taking down the entire blu team himself, which does include a pyro.
let throw the skill thing aside cuz I'm to dumb to discuss this,let say both have same skill
pyro has dealt with another Pyro (two to be exact, as theres the classic pyro and the blu pyro, who both exist at the same time canonically if i recall). if Frank resists his flamethrower pyro will just switch to one of his other weapons that dont use fire, like his shotgun or one of his many melee weapons.
Pyro has a mobility advantage with his jetpack, which allows him to easily get into range for his shotgun/melee weapon. Pyro can also easily bypass Frank's regeneration as he's known to dismember people, blow giant holes into people's bodies, and burn people to nothing but a skeleton (this is possible with the gas passer).
if he have enough ap to one shot frank,which isn't
Pyro also has random crits (which are canon) which is an accepted 3x amp to his AP
you debate for pyro long enough to realize that frank have the fricking rpg to outstand him,and also alot of pyro optional equip is 8-C so we don't have to deal with that,frank have matter gun to one shot pyro,he have a bunch of rifle that can shoot multiple way,he have some sound weapon and shockwave weapon which is a massive aoe range,plasma gun,etc,also he can turn invulnerable too,

let throw the skill thing aside cuz I'm to dumb to discuss this,let say both have same skill
Not happening. If pyro has a skill advantage I’m not just gonna throw it out 💀.
f he have enough ap to one shot frank,which isn't
What does one shotting have to with what I said…? He did that to people who are comparable to him…
you debate for pyro long enough to realize that frank have the fricking rpg to outstand him,and also alot of pyro optional equip is 8-C so we don't have to deal with that,frank have matter gun to one shot pyro,he have a bunch of rifle that can shoot multiple way,he have some sound weapon and shockwave weapon which is a massive aoe range,plasma gun,etc,also he can turn invulnerable too,
RPG? Have fun trying to hit pyro with that. He’ll just deflect the shot right back at him. Pyro doesn’t have that many 8-C stuff… from the top of my head, it’s like 3 items. None that were mentioned here…

none of that even debunks the fact pyro can out menuever him and blow holes into his body/Dismember him, which is both far above his regen.

Not happening. If pyro has a skill advantage I’m not just gonna throw it out 💀.

What does one shotting have to with what I said…? He did that to people who are comparable to him…

RPG? Have fun trying to hit pyro with that. He’ll just deflect the shot right back at him. Pyro doesn’t have that many 8-C stuff… from the top of my head, it’s like 3 items. None that were mentioned here…

none of that even debunks the fact pyro can out menuever him and blow holes into his body/Dismember him, which is both far above his regen.
except the rpg I don't see how he counter the shockwave sonic boom,the magic wand literally turn anything into some candy and cake,matter gun,...casually frank have more than enough asernal to deal with pyro

except the rpg I don't see how he counter the shockwave sonic boom,the magic wand literally turn anything into some candy and cake,matter gun,...casually frank have more than enough asernal to deal with pyro
I doubt Frank would be able to use those weapons before Pyro burns him to death or puts a hole in his chest.

yeah not sure you noticed but its kinda hard to hit someone flying around with a jetpack, which he can change unprompted it's trajectory which makes it even harder for him to hit pyro with.

Hell thats assuming he starts with any of that. what does Frank ACTUALLY start with?

yeah not sure you noticed but its kinda hard to hit someone flying around with a jetpack, which he can change unprompted it's trajectory which makes it even harder for him to hit pyro with.

Hell thats assuming he starts with any of that. what does Frank ACTUALLY start with?
he start with .... random thing,honestly,it was a nightmare to debate what actually the thing what frank will use first in a battle though since he have a very huge arsernal,also all frank weap i mention is all aoe weapon except for the matter gun anyway,speed is equalized too,what make you think frank can't hit him ? it just like shooting a bird,even shooting the bird is hell more difficult since it small,pyro is a big guy with just a jetpack to fly away

he start with .... random thing,honestly,it was a nightmare to debate what actually the thing what frank will use first in a battle though since he have a very huge arsernal,also all frank weap i mention is all aoe weapon except for the matter gun anyway,speed is equalized too,what make you think frank can't hit him ? it just like shooting a bird,even shooting the bird is hell more difficult since it small,pyro is a big guy with just a jetpack to fly away
It’s going to be hard for Frank to hit a fast moving flying target.

i'm assume you don't see the speed equalized ?even without speed equalized,I don't see anything in pyro profile that tell him move faster with the jetpack
I’m not saying the jetpack would make Pyro faster, I’m saying that the added mobility that the jetpack gives would made them a harder target to hit.

I’m not saying the jetpack would make Pyro faster, I’m saying that the added mobility that the jetpack gives would made them a harder target to hit.
harder not impossible,hell frank is a master at shooting gun with his various aoe weapon which some of them even isn't projectile

harder not impossible,hell frank is a master at shooting gun with his various aoe weapon which some of them even isn't projectile
if it’s harder, that makes it more likely that pyro would win in this situation, as pyro hitting Frank is easier than Frank getting the hit on pyro.

Pyro should be experienced with hitting people while on his jet pack, so he’ll he could start shooting at him before he hits the ground.

if it’s harder, that makes it more likely that pyro would win in this situation, as pyro hitting Frank is easier than Frank getting the hit on pyro.

Pyro should be experienced with hitting people while on his jet pack, so he’ll he could start shooting at him before he hits the ground.
hello,frank turn into invulnerable,combine with frank aoe and one shot weapon too,consider that frank can easily one shot pyro more with frank hax weapon and easy to his pyro with aoe weapon,dude stop this,the jetpack just help pyro a little advantage while frank have multiple way one shot pyro and AOE weapon,and the invulnerable juice combine with the regen,he can eat food to boost the regen too,and he can dodge you know,run into some safe place,shooting some bullet at him won't do anything since he have some regen,especially both have a quite range
how the hell he can blow a hole into people if he don't have ap ? so you mean that even he is 10-B he can blow a hole into the wall cuz he have some abillities to blow a hole into that ? If that the case then i accept
anyway debate more is useless,I still don't see how can a jetpack that didn't increase any type speed and can only fly and dodge whatever it is can avoid frank aoe gun,also frank have good one shot attack than pyro too,any type of damage from frank is doom to pyro
hell frank have better stamina than pyro too

that all my conclusion,people really cope about some jetpack can avoid all type of weapon like immeasurable speed that can't be shoot at all

hello,frank turn into invulnerable,combine with frank aoe and one shot weapon too
Does he start with that? you haven't even told me what he starts with so only mention stuff Frank will START with, because everything else is irrelevant.
consider that frank can easily one shot pyro more with frank hax weapon and easy to his pyro with aoe weapon,dude stop this,the jetpack just help pyro a little advantage while frank have multiple way one shot pyro and AOE weapon
Does he start with that weaponry? if not dont ******* bring it up, easy as that. the jetpack gives him so much more mobility over Frank it's not even funny. stop trying to throw it under the rug.
and the invulnerable juice combine with the regen,he can eat food to boost the regen too,and he can dodge you know,run into some safe place,shooting some bullet at him won't do anything since he have some regen,especially both have a quite range
If its an item he has to use, like drink, he's not gonna get the chance while he's getting cut into pieces with a fire axe. you'll also have to try and give me a good explaination on dodging a shotgun blast. because it has spread, which makes it nigh impossible for him to do that. speed is equalized making running away impossible for him to do. regen is already bypassed by Pyro's incharacter actions against enemies, which is dismemberment.
how the hell he can blow a hole into people if he don't have ap ? so you mean that even he is 10-B he can blow a hole into the wall cuz he have some abillities to blow a hole into that ? If that the case then i accept
anyway debate more is useless,I still don't see how can a jetpack that didn't increase any type speed and can only fly and dodge whatever it is can avoid frank aoe gun,also frank have good one shot attack than pyro too,any type of damage from frank is doom to pyro
hell frank have better stamina than pyro too
He actually dismembers people STRONGER than him, notably heavy, and soldier. both which he split their ******* heads open, and ripped their heart out. none of what you just said means anything, because not only does pyro regularly dismember and murder people comparable to him, but frank is ******* weaker than him. stamina doesn't mean anything here since either will die before they get tired.
that all my conclusion,people really cope about some jetpack can avoid all type of weapon like immeasurable speed that can't be shoot at all
i dont even know what you mean by this. being able to outskill, out maneuver and bypass someones regen is more than enough to give him the win.

a lot of pyro's stuff is wrong here.

they fear Pyro cause of what he is capable of in several things they run out of fear not because hes some skill god against them which might not even be true since plenty of merc's are seen killing Pyro and most of the Blu them themselves aren't as skilled as they are made out to be well Frank himself casually takes on whole military units, Vietnam veterans, and leaders of said military.
a Shotgun frank takes less damage from thanks to his damage reductions to bullets and alongside fighting against Cletus who also used a Shotgun, Frank has experience dealing with people exactly like Pyro on the daily Flamethrowers, shotguns, axes, etc Frank's dealt with it all plus having an even crazier arsenal so Pyro getting up-close with like his Axe isn't gonna go great due to Frank's MASSIVE h2h weaponry such as sledgehammers with different elements and AOE, shockwaves that can cause people to throw up or heads explode from the massive sound they produce, multiple energy based weapons that'll slice right through Pyro, Quickstep granting Frank to move and dodge faster, and so much more.
Frank has dealt with incredibly mobile opponents, he fought with people in a stolen military ATV who had the same fighting style as Pyro and can shoot at a UH-60 Blackhawk (Attack Helicopter) far above Willamette Mall so Frank's dealt with incredibly mobile objects before and can increase his own speed with Quickstep with is gonna make him harder to hit for Pyro.
Frank's equipment scale massively above 3 MJ due easily one shotting characters who can tank his fist.

they fear Pyro cause of what he is capable of in several things they run out of fear not because hes some skill god against them which might not even be true since plenty of merc's are seen killing Pyro and most of the Blu them themselves aren't as skilled as they are made out to be well Frank himself casually takes on whole military units, Vietnam veterans, and leaders of said military.
Pyro took on the entire blu team himself, which more than doubles the size of RED team, going off of meet the medic, which depicts BLU team with a hell horde of soldiers to their disposal. and he killed them all. but thats honestly i expected somene like Frank to have some nasty skill feats i just wanted to see em.
a Shotgun frank takes less damage from thanks to his damage reductions to bullets and alongside fighting against Cletus who also used a Shotgun, Frank has experience dealing with people exactly like Pyro on the daily Flamethrowers, shotguns, axes, etc Frank's dealt with it all plus having an even crazier arsenal so Pyro getting up-close with like his Axe isn't gonna go great due to Frank's MASSIVE h2h weaponry such as sledgehammers with different elements and AOE, shockwaves that can cause people to throw up or heads explode from the massive sound they produce, multiple energy based weapons that'll slice right through Pyro, Quickstep granting Frank to move and dodge faster, and so much more.
If Frank gets into cqc, pyro likes to grab (Notably, pin to the ground and rip their heads open). and it's a Class 5 vs 1. if Frank tries to melee fight pyro he's going to unfortunately be getting his head split in two. nothing stops pyro doing his usual strats to kill.
Frank has dealt with incredibly mobile opponents, he fought with people in a stolen military ATV who had the same fighting style as Pyro and can shoot at a UH-60 Blackhawk (Attack Helicopter) far above Willamette Mall so Frank's dealt with incredibly mobile objects before and can increase his own speed with Quickstep with is gonna make him harder to hit for Pyro.
Pyro has fought scout, who is quite a bit faster than him, he can handle a speed boost just fine.
Frank's equipment scale massively above 3 MJ due easily one shotting characters who can tank his fist.
the only calc i found on his page makes him 9-C (which should actually get him disqualified if he doesn't scale to something else).... where are you getting 3 MJ from?

the only calc i found on his page makes him 9-C (which should actually get him disqualified if he doesn't scale to something else).... where are you getting 3 MJ from?
Frank scales to 3 pieces of dynamite exploding in his face, which are around a MJ per dynamite.

Back