• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Human gun vs Extremely Angry Human Grenade

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
"Heroes suck"

"YOU MOTHERFU-"

there's your fight intro, let's brawl. Worm vs MHA is a rarity, but of the few I get, I'm taking it.

Instead of central park, let's put this on the streets of New York, so Ballistic has a bit more to work with and Bakugo has more cover from barrages

Range will be, let's say 500 meters

Otherwise Standard Battle Assumptions

Ballistic:

Katsuki Bakugou:

Inconclusive:

Have some Bombing King

A human gun trying to not be murdered by an angry human grenade

Are there people in this new York

Let's say they bailed from the scene and won't effect the fight

How does Bakugo generally fight? Ballistic can't take a hit so he'd want to shoot him down before he can close that gap.

Bakugo is pretty aggressive, his fighting style involves closing distance via controlled explosive propulsion and never letting the enemy get rest. Pretty straightforward

Keep in mind he'll eventually start to feel the recoil from using his powers so much, so there is a limit to how much he can avoid on Ballistics's part

Ballistic can instantly kill him by hitting vitals, given he shot straight through Echidna, and generally shooting stuff with a small surface area will tear into Bakugo. Conversely, he can probably tank a car or dumpster or something else like that being flung at him, but it would knock him down and still not be good given Ballistic's superior AP and that he can just take out a ball bearing and shoot him through the head from there. He'd want to dodge the small projetiles for sure so he doesn't get torn up via abuse of surface area, but is he likely to register them as a serious threat worthy of dodging when they're all small and the same guy is also shooting cars at him?

Also, what's generally his limit to his powers, and how ong range are his blasts?

Bakugo does have some sense of caution, projectiles being flung at him at supersonic speed would definitely be something he'd try to avoid

The most he's really strained his powers was when he was in the exams partnered with midoriya against All Might, where he fired a ton of massive blasts without his gauntlets and he started to reel in pain with each one's recoil

His bigger explosions can go pretty far into the air, maybe like 50 meters or somewhere around there. It isn't usually in character for him to use range like that, especially considering he has to deal with inverse square law

I also want to add that depending on how hot or cold he is he can sweat more potent and bigger sized explosions. This basically means he gets stronger the more and more he fights because he sweats though this does seem gradual and this really only works with his smaller sized explosions since his larger sizes hurt him but it would still be effective.

Bakugou can use about 3 giant explosions, which can improve his travel speed iirc (he was able to fly up a skyscraper in a few seconds here [[1]]) he's also pretty good at making exact lateral calculations, so I expect he should be able to close the gap pretty easily especially since he would be flying faster than ballista could aim, so this wouldn't mean ballista would get an opportunity. Plus even if he did Bakugou has enough pain tolerance to continue fighting for the most part (unless of course for the very small chance it hits his head). Once Bakugou is close he just decimates him with a regular explosion, he even has access to grenades, and he can throw about 150 metres or something, so he doesn't even need to fly that far.

Tago238 said:
especially since he would be flying faster than ballista could aim, so this wouldn't mean ballista would get an opportunity. Plus even if he did Bakugou has enough pain tolerance to continue fighting for the most part
It's quite a bit easier to aim when you have so much distance like this. Ballastic wouldn't need to change his angle very much to fire even if Bakugo moves a big distance

Ballastic also has way too little mercy to let him really keep fighting after the first hit. If one big attack hits, he's just going to launch more and more stuff while they're on the ground

Fair enough, although I still think pain tolerance would mean he probably would continue moving instead of just falling on the floor, on another note Bakugou can actually throw a ball up to 700 metres with his quirk( as shown here [[1]]), so I imagine he could probably aim dodge the first bullet due to superior speed (when it comes to Ballistic picking up and throwing things) and once he does that Bakugou could probably throw a few grenades at him. He doesn't really seem to need to close the gap (I'm probably missing something but oh well)

Bakugou never really plays range though. Even when his enemies are the type to blast like Todoroki, he still rushes in to beat them down. I guess he could potentially use range, but not super likely

I don't think pain tolerance is as much the issue here. Ballistic staggered Leviathan who has a greater High 8-C feat just by moving. Any shot too small to stagger bakugo instead will rip into him, which is a bigger issue since you can start shooting organs and bleeding him. He's gonna be knocked back if he catches a flying car t othe face at full speed.

Speed is unequal right? Can't bakugo dodge all the projectiles since his reaction speed is higher than Ballistics attack speed and just rush him? It's not like his movements are easy to predict, so I doubt ballistic will be able to catch him with a projectile reliably.

Also Bakugo has spammable AP shots, which are long ranged. He doesn't need to let off huge explosions that hurt him to increase his range.

His reaction speed's the same as it though

How often do these actually get used?

How fast is ballistics attack speed? Bakugo scales above Mach 3.

Not very often I guess? He usually fights people in cqc so he doesn't need to use it, but in the license exam he spammed it all over the place due to a character's range/power.

Yeh, that's what I was saying, of course Ballisitc would probably spam many random shots to Bakugou's location so that even if he had bad reactions attack speed would make up for it. To be honest, I don't think Bakugou would go out of his way to get up close if a range was more effective, he's presented as fairly good at analysing a situation so h should be able to tell that a range would be his best option. Also, bringing up the Todoroki fight probably isn't relevant because in that fight he didn't have access to either of his long range attacks (grenades and AP shots)

Kingofwolves999 said:
Actually, doesn't Bakugo just blitz? Ballistic only has peak human reactions, Bakugo's like 80x faster than him.
It's extremely difficult to blitz from that distance. He'd still be giving them like .6 seconds, even if he blasted straight forward and likely straight into a projectile

Bakugo blasts forward, Ballistic shoots a projectile, Bakugo dodges because he's faster than the projectile, proceeds to one shot Ballistic. Ballistic has baseline supersonic attack speed, Bakugo can react to almost anything he throws at him.

Bullets can go a bit above baseline and Bakugo would be ramming directly into it. Adding your own speed to an incoming projectile doesn't always end well

Bakugo explodes himself out of the way if he sees an approaching projectile. One of the main uses of his explosions is moving fluidly through the air, and he's dodged supersonic enemies while blasting himself forwards at the same time before, how wouldn't he dodge something slower than him?

A bit above baseline doesn't seem like much against someone > Mach 3, he's 3x faster than Ballistics fastest attacks.

(Bakugou is probably faster than 8% at this point considering how he is the fastest one in the endeavour arc) but if that is the case I think at least attack speed should be equalised with Bakugou's combat speed, although I still think he wins via grenades, it's out of character, especially at this point, for Bakugou to go charging in if it could kill him. He's perfectly capable of relaxing the situation and adapting accordingly

Kingofwolves999 said:
Bakugo explodes himself out of the way if he sees an approaching projectile. One of the main uses of his explosions is moving fluidly through the air, and he's dodged supersonic enemies while blasting himself forwards at the same time before, how wouldn't he dodge something slower than him?

A bit above baseline doesn't seem like much against someone > Mach 3, he's 3x faster than Ballistics fastest attacks.
He may not even see it if Ballastic uses a small enough projectile. Something like a car or dumpster would be easy enough, but a tiny rock going at the speed of a bullet, while Bakugo is flying forward at such speeds, would be very difficult to spot. I don't remember him going full force into a charge and reacting to a projectile like that

Actually, Ballastic is more around Mach 2.3, judging by the speed of his namesake, but regardless

What size projectiles does Ballistic start with? And does he even shoot them immediately to begin with? As you said, he has .6 seconds before Bakugo is already next to him ready to one shot, he'd have to begin with a small enough projectile for Bakugo to not notice at all in order to have any hope of winning here. Bakugo hasn't dodged small projectiles going supersonic, he's dodged characters that are supersonic, but I don't see why he needs a feat of that to be able to react, especially since the projectiles are slower than him. Other MHA characters can react to bullet sized objects easily while going top speed, like 5% Deku, whom Bakugo outclasses heavily.

Bakugo is also a combat genius and prodigy, so even if he's rushing headfirst in, he's not doing it blindly. He's going to be analyzing every movement Ballistic makes while he's traveling towards him, and if Ballistic makes a motion that indicates he's throwing something at Bakugo, he's just going to dodge, or at least look to see what's being tossed at him.

Ballistics name shouldn't be used to determine the speed he shoots his objects.

I agree, if Bakugou can aim dodge 8% Deku when he was slower, I think he'll be able to calculate where any projectile would be going and dodge, especially if said projectiles are slower than him. Plus, I don't think we even need to debate that, as even if Bakugou can't dodge, he could just throw a few sweat grenades- or use an AP shot. Bakugou has way more versatility than Ballistic, and that's why he seems to have far more means to win this fairly casually.

Back