• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think Bakugo can take this one. He has superior mobility with Blast Rush Turbo, so dodging Zuko's fire bending shouldn't be a problem. AP/Dura are very close, so either side can afford taking hits. Bakugo has seen fire powers WAY more complex and versatile than Zuko's, so there's no way he'd be caught off guard by them. Zuko has a slight range advantage, but Bakugo can get close no problem with his mobility.

Add in Bakugo's AP amps like Howitzer and his gauntlets, as well as rapid fire AP shots and Stun grenade, and Bakugo has the versatility advantage as well.

Zuko is more skilled overall, but Bakugo's ability to plan ahead and analyze his opponents to counter their fighting styles will eventually wear Zuko out, or anger him enough to make a mistake.

Explosive Pomeranian has my vote.

Interesting. I kind of like this.

Would Bakugou's explosions count as flames? Because if so, I can see Zuko dispelling them with ease.

Also, I'm not sure how close Bakugou would want to get. Season 2 Zuko should have his swords. And even with a minor AP advantage, Bakugou receiving an attack from one of those blades is not going to go well at all.

Honestly, I'm leaning a tad bit more towards inconclusive. Zuko doesn't just have the range advantage, but has range paired with AoE, meaning that Bakugou will have to move quite the distance to actually escape from Zuko's fire attacks. This makes getting in much more difficult. For shifting at the last moment isn't really effective against Zuko's AoE.

If Bakugou wins, which he likely does just barely, it's because of the last bit of Wolf's reasoning, which discusses Bakugou's intelligence. Sure, Bakugou gets embarrassed in CQC against Zuko. But he typically displays more intelligence when fighting. Not that Zuko is a fool, but fights in Avatar typically aren't as complex or forward thinking. Additionally, Bakugou has stun grenade, which will work as a wonderful fix up option, even mitigating Zuko's potential to stuff out his explosions either with his bare hands, or with fire of his own.

I think it's fairly hard for Bakugou, since it'll be tough for him to get in. And one slip up means that he could take a deadly attack from Zuko's blades. And Zuko is superior in CQC. But Bakugou thinks/improves in a battle far more than Zuko does, can amp his speed a bit with his explosions, and can mix up his attacks with stun grenade to throw Zuko off guard.

I'll give it to Bakugou for these reasons. Mid-high diff.

Add on that Bakugo would slightly and slightly grow more powerful explosions that makes his strength and speed higher and having more stamina than Zuko.

Fire benders can't bemd explosions, hence why combustion man is regarded as so hard to battle. The best they can do is block them with flames if they react fast enough, which isn't advisable against Bakugo because his explosions don't last long and can be spammed while he's moving.

Swords have less of a reach than Bakugo's explosions, and since his main tactic is hit and run, Zuko will barely have the time to swing at him before getting pushed back or forced to defend.

Zuko's aoe in s2 isn't actually so high that Bakugo can't dodge it by exploding away. He moves himself several meters with just a single blast, in any direction, with not even a twitch of his hand, so getting out of the way isn't going to be much of a hassle.

"Embarrassed" in cqc is a downplay on Bakugo's fighting skill, his brand of cqc is something Zuko has never encountered before or has a good way of dealing with. Zuko hitting him with his swords when he's close is very unlikely since Bakugo never stays still and is blasting himself all over the place while attacking at the same time. Bakugo utilizes options in close range that limit Zuko's ability to fight back as well, like his flame wheel move and constant fake outs. Zuko can't slash at him and counter his explosions too on a consistent basis.

Fair enough. Though, it's not like he can move his hands any faster than Zuko can move his in a speed equalized match.

It depends. Zuko is a martial artist, and martial artists frequently demonstrate the ability to predict the movements of their opponents. I think it's less him having time to swing, and more him missing if he does swing. Due to Bakugou's superior mobility.

That's, actually kind of the point, lol. If he has to move multiple meters at least to get away from Zuko, then that's value space put between the two of them. I wasn't saying that Bakugou couldn't get out of harm's way. Quite the contrary. It's just that doing so means he's not getting closer to Zuko. As he's either moving to the side, or upwards.

I was more so thinking H2H. My apologies, as I certainly should've specified. I do agree that embarrassed is surely too strong of a word here. However, Zuko does have two hands. One can hold a sword and one can be empty, lol. He can also bend through his blade as well, like when he fought the earth bending thugs that had kidnapped the kid that let him stay at his family's house. So he can actually do both at the same time.

I appreciate the corrections.

Back