• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hulk's infinite strength outlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think that it's an outlier. Now hold on, I'm not saying he has infinite strength. I think that this is a case of misinterpretation. I believe that when the Beyonder stated that, he was referring to the fact that the Hulk's Rage Power allowed him to continue to grow stronger without limit. They were trying to find out what Hulk's maximum potential strength was given his Rage Power, and since there is no limit to how angry he can get, there is no limit to how strong his rage can make him overtime.

I do not think that it makes sense to count the Hulk's three High 3-A feats as non-outliers, but you can ask Sandman31 and Matthew Schroeder to comment here if you wish.

This seems rather hyperbolic. Yes, it's true Hulk can consistently grow stronger and stronger as he rages, but approaching Infinity =/= Infinite 3-D strength. At best, 3-A is the highest that could be, and even that's questionable. Hulk at his peak is typically stomped by severely held back versions of Odin and Zeus, so I doubt he's even 3-B.

I don't think any upgrades are needed but we can wait for Sandman or Matt to comment.

Didn't Zeus outright state after that fight that Hulk has the potential to be a Skyfather?

I think that at his peak he can reach up to 3-A, but is severly held back by multiple factors (AKA Banner's psyche, remember he was able to destroy Onslaught's armor that was comparable to a celestial when his mind block were fully released). Yeah, you can argue it was an outlier, but the point is, it takes him to be COMPLETELY enraged with no limiter for him to get at that level

Well, Onslaught never remotely displayed the ability to access Franklin's full scale of power, and Zeus only showed contempt for the Hulk, including torturing him after easily winning their fight.

I was not saying that upgrades were necessary, just that I wouldn't really call Beyonders statement an outlier since he was likely referring to the bottomless potential the Hulk's rage power gave him rather than his immediate strength. I believe that the current level he is listed at is fine since that's the highest he has ever actually demonstrated, however, on the Hulk's page, instead of calling the Beyonder's statement an outlier, it should be clarified that he was referring to the fact that his Rage Power was potentially limitless. I also think that should be removed from the outlier page.

Actually, The Beyonder measured the Hulk's power outright, and Hulk also caused an earthquake across an infinite number of planets and destroyed a pocket universe. All of these are High 3-A feats. However, they are also most likely outliers.

Huh. Well, the Marvel wiki claims that the Beyonder was referring to his bottomless potential through his rage, as the Beyonder detected that there was no limit to the power the Hulk could achieve. Is that just their attempt at trying to explain an outlier for themselves?

Probably. The Beyonder outright called the Hulk a fellow infinite being.

Well, it would be useful to see what Matthew and Sandman31 think about this first.

The Hulk has been stated to be "infinite, incalculable etc" multiple times, doesnt mean it's not an outlier though.Also, I think we should be careful of accepting statements regarding characters potentials, as those giving observations are frequently proven wrong.

Agree with it being an outlier, the Beyonder didnt even said that the Hulk has infinite potential, he explicitly said that he is an "infinity of power with no finite elements"

Okay, so should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back