• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HUGE update for Ratchet?

Hello everyone I suddenly remembered something from the "Ratchet: deadlocked" game. In the first mission Ratchet uses the vehicle know as the "Landstalker" (AKA the "spider tank"), the commentator of the TV show precises that this vehicle "has enough plasma mortars to destroy a small star system" as you can see here (this link already leads you to the interesting par of the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5OJvL3il-Q&t=1605s

It's most likely not a hyperbole considering the verse already has technologies such as the Deplanetizer that can destroy a planet.

Anyway whenever the commentator wanted to say "one shot a small star system" or "destroy planets of the small star system one by one, then the (small?) star" still means it's at least tier low 4 - C.

Also we know that: the Landstalker can tank plasma mortars of another landstaker (ennemies can use this vehicle too) however it will cause huge damage to the attacked landstalker (especially if the attack is fully charged: in that case it launches 6 plasma mortars at once).

That means the landstalker is at least low 4 -C in AP and durability.

When ennemies use landstalkers, Ratchet (on foot) can tank mortars plasma shots (but even if he doesn't die, he generally takes huge dmgs from them), Ratchet is also able to take down landstalkers with the weapons provided by Vox Industries (Ratchet didn't have armors and weapons from the previous games but only what was provided by this compagny so it might explain why results are different).

Links to the wikia articles for:

- the Landstalker

- the Deplanetizer

- Vox_Industries

What do you think of that?

I'm not sure about this.

I'm leaning towards Hyperbole. Yes there is a planet busting laser but that doesn't atomaticlly mean we can take this at face value.

Also, if his weapons can effect this thing then why would the boast about this thing being capable of that level of destruction and tanking it, if other weapons in the verse can damage it?.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I'm not sure about this.
I'm leaning towards Hyperbole. Yes there is a planet busting laser but that doesn't atomaticlly mean we can take this at face value.

Also, if his weapons can effect this thing then why would the boast about this thing being capable of that level of destruction and tanking it, if other weapons in the verse can damage it?.
Well "deadlocked" was a special case when you think about it because Ratchet exclusively used weapons/armors from Vox Industries. Perhaps Vox Industries is more advanced on a technological aspect (compared to gadgetron for example): after all the sector they're from is almost unknown.

But I understand why the update sounds like a hyperbole.

That's strange. well I'm no expert but while I did say have weapons that can destroy planets don't atomaticlly mean this is legit. It can still help it's case (just not 100%).

I'm open to a Possible 4-C (It is stated to have the fire power capable of destroying a small star system however this might be Hyperbole)

I say 4-C because it has to destroy the few planets and the sun but we don't know if it's one at a time or all at once. But it's 4-C regardless because it can destroy a star.

I'll ask some staff for input.

If it can possibly destroy a star, then possibly 4-C but only for this weapon. It doesn't scales to his phisical attack nor striking strength and durabilty.

Dark649 said:
If it can possibly destroy a star, then possibly 4-C but only for this weapon. It doesn't scales to his phisical attack nor striking strength and durabilty.
Yeah of course. We should create a key for Ratchet when he is using this vehicle. Also just in case it might be a hyperbole we will precise "possibly 4 - C".

Back