• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huge Pokemon CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to deal with the whole “canon and what is considered non-canon” stuff later on when I have a chance since IRL stuff made me extremely busy so I could not participate in that thread at the time.

But why in the world is that thread accepted when...CRTS at the time were banned? Unless that was a CRT in disguise, which should immediately invalidate the entire thing as per the forum move rules.

Also, just so this is pointed out, Pokepark was used for literally no Pokémon pages here besides Darkrais 2-C feat (which is irrelevant since he’s 2-B)

Pokepark being disregarded from, or included with, the Pokémon canon here changes absolutely nothing as it was almost never used for anything.

I’m going to deal with the whole “canon and what is considered non-canon” stuff later on when I have a chance since IRL stuff made me extremely busy so I could not participate in that thread at the time.

But why in the world is that thread accepted when...CRTS at the time were banned? Unless that was a CRT in disguise, which should immediately invalidate the entire thing as per the forum move rules.
Tbh even I don't really know. Some threads were accepted during forum move, some weren't.
Tho forum move is what prevented the thread for actually changing profiles because it would have turned it into a CRT, but otherwise it's technically a legit thread.

However given the massive number of people who contributed to it and all, it wouldn't be invalid same way most changes done during forum move aren't.

Mean Look should be more Paralysis Inducement than Sealing. Infestation and other trapping moves hold the opponent in place physically so they don't count for any abililty.

But why in the world is that thread accepted when...CRTS at the time were banned?
It's literally stated in the thread itself: it wasn't counted as a CRT since it was just for collecting the evidence to make the blog. Changing the profiles to reflect that blog would need a CRT, hence the profiles weren't changed.

It's literally stated in the thread itself: it wasn't counted as a CRT since it was just for collecting the evidence to make the blog. Changing the profiles to reflect that blog would need a CRT, hence the profiles weren't changed.
Yes, which should mean all the arguments made in that thread should not count until a CRT here in this forum is made. Otherwise, accepting them means its a CRT in disguise.

The blog itself is a thing accepted and all, there's no reason not to use it.

It's like reverting every change made during forum move for every page through forum move threads because it happened during it otherwise.

Though I agree with much of the blog about canon (unsure about Pokken, haven’t played it.) I do agree with Kukui that a change like that should need a CRT and considering that those weren’t allowed then, it shouldn’t have been allowed because of how big it is for scaling.

Yeah, the blog was accepted, by your logic, Dragon Ball Heroes should be downgraded from 2-A because the blog used to upgrade it was made during the forum move.

An AP Upgrade that effects only a select view (and was pretty simple translation wise) vs a case that effects the entire kernel of scaling across the verse as a whole isnt the same thing.

And im not saying the arguments are bad or anything. They should just have 0 validity here until a new CRT is remade here in the forum like its supposed to.

Well, then let's give another example: Fairy Tail. It was also upgraded during the forum via a blog that explains why the characters who were rated as Low 6-B scale to High 6-A, and you can't claim it was a "simple translation wise" since that completely rewrote the Tier 6 scaling of the verse.

Let's put the list

Major Contested: Gardevoir

Minor Contested: Unown and Mean Look/infestion

cleared: everything else

Infestion was agreed to be not likely minor sealing.

Sean, please stop trying to call public attention to everything single profile you make. I would especially be careful considering a couple of them have been deleted in the past.

The sheer fact that they were deleted is WHY I'm trying to get public attention for them, so that doesn't happen again and they can be over before they start. We're not making any decisions yet anyway, and all the people knowledgeable in Pokemon are here.

Ok, want opinions? The formatting the Power Stone page is a mess, the Pokémon Physiology thing was already rejected in the original blog, and you still haven't learned how to properly make a gallery.

was that really necessary dude? I mean I understand trying to plug your pages but this isn't really the time and place. Also was that last comment necessary?

What else would we need to make the changes listed?

Could we just try to focus on the OP and not end up going in every single way at the same time please?

Destiny bond. Is it limited fate manipulation and death manipulation or just death manipulation? I personally believe it is just death manipulation but either way it needs to be smoothed out to be the same ability in different pages.

Destiny Bond should be Damage Transferal more than Death Manipulation, since characters with a similar power have their power under this.

The Fate part doesn't come from any information and probably just from the "Destiny" part, which isn't the original name ( みちづれ Take along with) + well; it doesn't kill the opponent. Just put them into a K.O

Agree with everything but the Gardevoir one. However, that can deserve its own profile for Pokken separated from the main canon.

What are the summarised conclusions here?

Okay.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion. Alternately, a staff member can use the @Username notification system.

So here is my thoughts

Gardevoir honestly this was a last minute addition that I regret adding on. It seems like the general consesion is a sepearate page which I think is a great idea.

Mean look: shows minor sealing since they can't escape with things such as the pokeball showing evidence of escape being sealed

Infestation was resolved: remove from gensect due to it being a TM. Should remove minor sealing due the trapping nature. And it should have animal/insect manip because it literally controls insects to attack the target.

Unown: lot of evidence
from destruction as well
"I just found something regarding the unown. In the Darkria movie it starts with Palkia and Dialgia in the unown dimesion (another shot of this) this is before any fighting has even started. The unown cleared all stars in the dimension. Again here is a shot of all the stars they are all gone. So same tier via creation and destruction".

"High 4-A to possible 3-C if not much higher
Created the unown dimension
Another shot of the same"

But I believe only the tier was brought into question. So stuff like BFR and resistance to Existence Erasure should still be good

Also I believe destiny bond is still in contention

Yeah on destiny bond the first thing that is easily thrown out is limited fate manipulation. With the name and dragging them down not being sure fire evidence for limited fate manipulation. I am not sure if it is damage transferal since it only transfers death no matter the actual amount of damage that was dealt. And since they literally do instantly faint/die it makes sense if it was death manipulation

Death manipulation would imply dying tho.

Theere's characters with damage transferal for K.O'ing others if they are ko as far as I know.
Maybe limited Damage Transferal?

hmmm maybe it could be damage transferal mixed with durability negation since it brings them down to zero despite what they where at. This is just me throwing darts at a dart board in all honestly though.

@YuriAkuto yeah....shit you right lmao.
damage tranferal sounds right since yeah kinda problem since they just faint. So yeah death manip is out. Sounds good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back