• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huge Honkai Revisions... PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarrixianXD

University Enthusiast
Any/All
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Translation Helper
Tampering with this franchise is the last thing I want to do now, but I promised my friends to help out with the most important verse-wide revision. After this, I'll be completely done with Honkai.

All credits to @ThanatosX for this CRT 💖(everything in the OP is from his point of view)

Honkai Impact/Hoyoverse Cosmology Upgrade

It’s been a while. Part 1 finished, the entirety of Part 1,5 came and went and we are now into Part 2, and there was still no trace of this revision, which is honestly one of the most talked about aspects of the series, at least from what I could see online.

But it’s finally here … Today, we are here to talk about the cosmology upgrade for the Honkaiverse! This will mainly revolve around Honkai Impact, but it will affect the entirety of the Hoyoverse as a whole since it’s been confirmed on several occurrences that all of them are a part of the same meta-cosmology, as Honkai Star Rail, Guns Girls Z, Genshin Impact and potentially the still not out Zenless Zero will be affected, though the last two simply for being part of the cosmology and nothing more until something more solid comes out for those.

So, we will jump straight into it, but before actually discussing what makes cosmology so high in the first place, I think we first need to establish something about what we are talking about

The Dimensions of Honkai Impact

This is just an introduction to establish the way this revision and cosmology in general should be viewed. It’s really important to notice that, when dimensions are mentioned in Honkai Impact, they always, and I mean always, refer only to actual dimensions, and never to other things.

When characters talk about things like other realities they use terms like “Universes”, “Parallel Universes”, “Leafs”, “Worlds” or “Bubble Universe”, aka Universes within the Sea of Quanta which have varying sizes. The term Dimensions is only ever used to talk about actual dimensions, not parallel realities or anything of the sort.

I think it’s also important to note that these dimensions have already been accepted as valid because they see lower dimensions as nothing more than books or pieces of fiction that they can easily destroy without problems. This little digression was mainly to avoid several discussions over the term “dimensions” and the validity of said dimensions, so now we can finally move on to the actual focus of the revision …

The Imaginary Tree

What is the Imaginary Tree? It’s the origin of the laws and reality, a construct that transcends reality and the Sea of Quanta, which branches out into an infinity of worlds which are on its branches like leaves. The Tree is currently rated as 1-B for being “qualitatively superior” (in a dimensional tiering sense) to the Sea of Quanta, which is already accepted as having infinite expanding 11 dimensions within it. However, this rating ignores several statements in regards to it that would put it far higher than that, more specifically to Low 1-A. It’s my objective to bring up and discuss said statements in this revision, which can be grouped up into sections, one mainly mathematical and the other-dimensional, with some additional arguments later on.
Mathematical statements:

The first one, which is the main one many think about when talking about rating the Tree, is the statement made by Einstein. Simply put, she says that by applying the concept of transfinite numbers, the Imaginary Tree would be infinite in scale in a transfinite sense. If you know anything about transfinite stuff then you would know this is a big deal, but alone might not be enough.

However, other statements jump in our support in this situation. The Imaginary Space, a space that exists beyond reality but still within and around the Tree, is stated in the “Honkai Impact Art Collection Vol 1.” to be “a sign of Absolute Infinity”. For those that don’t know it, Absolute Infinity is a mathematical term used to describe “a number that is bigger than any other conceivable or inconceivable quantity, either finite or transfinite”. This is remarkably consistent with the statement about the Tree being infinite on a transfinite scale, as the transfinite numbers directly correlate to the Tree and reference to absolute infinity under the context. It should also be noted that no concept is beyond absolute infinity, otherwise, it’ll just end up with crap tons of contradictions.

And everything becomes even more consistent once we look at another statement, this one in the game. During the final battle against Otto Apocalypse, he describes the power of the Imaginary Tree as “absolutely infinite”, once again giving consistency to the claim that the Imaginary Tree indeed scales to such a rating.

However, I want to make a couple of notes regarding this argument. First of all, I asked privately to Ultima Reality where absolute infinite would rate in our new system, even sending him the first two scans of “infinite in a transfinite sense” and “absolute infinite” (I didn’t remember about the Otto statement at the time) and he indeed confirmed to me that it would possibly/likely scale to Low 1-A.

Second, I would like to immediately say that saying that the developers used these terms without knowing what they mean is not a good argument that should be used. In the game, there are several examples of scientific terms used to explain mathematical and dimensional stuff, like, for example, there is the Riemannian Manifolds, which Sirin can create to trap Sigfried and Cecilia, or Bernhard Manifolds, which are used concerning the Sea of Quanta. To say that they would use these terms without knowing them when they have already shown that they know their fair share in this argument, would be pretty absurd.

Another thing to note is that there are no other interpretations for the term “Absolute Infinity”. You can just search it on Google and you would find that what I posted above is the only interpretation of the term, and if they meant to say that it was just “infinite” and nothing else they could easily have used other terms. The fact that they also used mathematical terms in the past and that they, later on, say that the Imaginary Tree is “infinite in scale in a transfinite sense” is the nail in the coffin that proves all of this.

One statement alone wouldn’t be enough to qualify, but with the terminology used and the detailed description of the scale of the Tree, I would say that it’s hard to overlook this kind of argument without some big leaps in logic. But this isn’t the only argument in favour of the Tree being Low 1-A, so let’s pass to the second one, not to mention transfinity and absolute infinity were mentioned multiple times.

Dimensional statements:

So, the Imaginary Tree is currently rated as 1-B… however, it’s important to note that it’s stated that it doesn’t exist in any dimension. The statement further supports Einstein’s elucidation of the Imaginary Singularity which is also the Cocoon of Finality (this claim will be explained later), specifically saying that it carries no dimensional information and that it’s overall dimensionless, a “Pure Singularity”. And no, before anyone declares any zero-dimensionality nonsense, this does not imply Zero-dimensionality at all. For it to be zero-dimensional, it would need to be a real singular point of infinitesimal size with absolute qualitative inferiority. Especially considering the Imaginary Singularity has been said to not be a real point with the lack of dimensional information and correlation with black holes, which contradicts the properties of a real singularity. It means that it’s a nondimensional concept, which is something entirely different

And speaking of, what is the Imaginary Singularity and where should it and the Imaginary Tree be rated considering these statements? Well, it’s later explained that the only Imaginary Singularity is the Cocoon of Finality (therefore Imaginary Singularity = Cocoon of Finality); it’s also said straightforwardly, that the Cocoon transcends all dimensions (Kiana also mentioned because at that point she became one with the Cocoon), meaning that it not only is dimensionless, but it is straight-up beyond all dimensions. It should be mentioned that transcending all dimensions is already Low 1-A by default.

So, what is the conclusion of all of this dimensional yapping? The Imaginary Singularity and the Imaginary Tree are dimensionless and, simultaneously, completely transcend all dimensions, making the Low 1-A rating for the Imaginary Tree even more solid.

In this case, I believe there is plenty considering that it is straight-up stated that they don’t exist in any dimension and are dimensionless altogether. As said, the Imaginary Singularity reaches the Cocoon of Finality which I already proved to be dimensionless, it should logically transcend over the Imaginary Tree since no corresponding statements have been said about the Tree, and it is mentioned to be a dimension itself.

Now, some of you may be wondering that my proposition towards the Imaginary Tree being “a part of the dimensions category” may contradict my previous claim of it not existing in any dimension; let me clarify: The statement about the Tree not existing in any dimension indicates that it isn’t inside nor does it share any continuity with any other dimensions, but it doesn’t mean the Tree itself isn’t categorised as a dimension.

With these points deduced, the Cocoon of Finality can qualify for 1-A via transcending the Imaginary Tree.

The two above are the arguments that, to me, are the most solid, but I believe that it is fair to also bring up other statements regarding the Imaginary Tree and the scale of cosmology as a whole to give a better picture.

For example, we have some interesting statements about the relationship between reality and the Imaginary Tree, with Nagamitsu explaining that to the Tree, reality is nothing more than a game and everyone within the realities are just characters within the game. The Tree contains all of the data and it can use this data to do what it wants, including erasing the game worlds in their entirety, creating new ones and merging them, with literally no restriction for the Tree in what it can do, contrary to the characters within the games which are limited by the fact that they are just characters within the game. Otto also explains that even time itself is just data record on a vinyl from the perspective of the Tree. In itself, this might not mean much, since I don’t think this is enough to qualify for the new Reality > Fiction standards, but it is obvious that, along with everything else explained before, it paints a pretty clear picture of the Tree as something far beyond everything else in the verse, something completely above the scope of everything and everyone that isn’t empowered by the Tree itself.

I don’t think this matters much, but we also have an in-depth explanation of Prometheus about how civilization and reality are composed of narratives, of stories within stories, with the Project Stigmata being the narratives about narratives to govern all stories and to reach the “absolute idea of self existence” and “conceptual infinity”. I am honestly unsure how this would be rated all things considered, especially with our new standards, but I would like to just throw this in here to emphasize how deep the cosmology goes.

And that should be all. The proposal is to make the Imaginary Tree scale to Low 1-A via all of the above, which I will make a td;lr summarisation for lazy users. But I know there will be another question, which is …

Who’ll scale?
I think the discussion should be about who should scale to the Tree and the Cocoon of Finality, with everything else kept for another thread, but three things should undoubtedly scale to make all this make sense, which are:

And that’s it. For now, these are all the characters and the haxxes that should scale to this cosmology upgrade, with future scaling being discussed in future threads. So …
The Imaginary Tree is consistently portrayed as far beyond anything in the verse, including the Sea of Quanta, with statements putting its scale as “infinite in scale in a transfinite sense” and “absolute infinity”. It doesn’t exist within any dimension, with the Cocoon of Finality being an Imaginary Singularity that exists within it which is dimensionless and at the same time transcends all dimensions. The Tree also see reality as nothing more than a game, storing the data of said game within itself and being able to manipulate them with no restriction, with civilization also being stated to be based on narratives.

All things considered, I think a Low 1-A rating for all of this should be solid. The Authority of Finality/Herrscher of Finality Kiana and the characters who scale to it/her can qualify for 1-A.

Oh, and Kiana should have type 2 beyond dimensional existence in her Finality Key, due to transcending all dimensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I told Thanatos in private:

1. I would rate the Imaginary Tree as at most "possibly Low 1-A." The Absolute Infinity statement is really only given substance by the verse making reference to set-theoretic concepts in relation to the Imaginary Tree elsewhere, so it isn't really 100% solid at all.

2) Can you elaborate on what exactly the Cocoon is? That would be of help, because the scans presented don't necessarily make a case for 1-A. A being with Type 1 BDE could as well be said to "Transcend dimensions," in the same way an incorporeal being can be accurately described as transcending matter. And, obviously, Type 1 BDE already accounts for having no dimensional information and being dimensionless.

It's really late where I live, so I wont go in depth about this, but there are a couple of stuff I want to mention about Ultima's response, mainly regarding his second point.

A being with Type 1 BDE could as well be said to "Transcend dimensions," in the same way an incorporeal being can be accurately described as transcending matter.
Heavily disagree with this argument. A incorporeal being doesn't trascend matter, it lacks matter. Lacking something doesn't equate to transcending something. To trascend means to go beyond something, to surpass something, to rise above something, etc... A incorporeal being just lacks matter, it is not beyond matter. It might be beyond the need of matter, but it is not beyond matter itself. Your comparison about Incorporeal beings to BDE would be much more akin to BDE Type 1:
"Characters who lack spatiotemporal features entirely, while not actually being superior to them in nature."
BDE Type 1 is the lack of spatiotemporal features, much like being incorporeal is the lack of material features. BDE Type 2 is being above those, and to my knowlodge there is no comparison between this and materiality.

Secondly, if transcending all dimensions is only BDE Type 1 than the BDE page would be incorrect. As I showed above, the page explains that BDE Type 1 is for those that lacks dimensional feature without being above them. Given the meaning of "trascending" posted above, transcending dimensions would necessarily mean to be beyond, above, better, etc... than dimensions. Even the BDE page notes as such in the part about BDE Type 2:
"As a default, statements of being "above dimensions" are set at Low 1-A, and the same is applied to statements indicating superiority over "All of space and time," and similar. However, if they are applied to realms that can be inferred to surpass the very composition of the lower reality (e.g. Realms that are, themselves, non-composite, such as conceptual domains, or often, voids of nothingness), then 1-A is the most appropriate rating for them."
As a standard, being above dimension would be BDE Type 2, set at Low 1-A at the very least. "Trascend" means to be above something. As such, given the fact that it is said that being above dimension would qualify for BDE Type 2, the Cocoon would qualify purely based on the statement about it transcending dimensions, unless the page is incorrect in the first place.

For the rest, I will give my input tomorrow, probably late in the afternoon of my timezone since I have to work.

Like I told Thanatos in private:

1. I would rate the Imaginary Tree as at most "possibly Low 1-A." The Absolute Infinity statement is really only given substance by the verse making reference to set-theoretic concepts in relation to the Imaginary Tree elsewhere, so it isn't really 100% solid at all.
It is been referred back and forth a few times, it should give consistency right?
2) Can you elaborate on what exactly the Cocoon is? That would be of help, because the scans presented don't necessarily make a case for 1-A. A being with Type 1 BDE could as well be said to "Transcend dimensions," in the same way an incorporeal being can be accurately described as transcending matter. And, obviously, Type 1 BDE already accounts for having no dimensional information and being dimensionless.
Not much is officially known about Cocoon of Finality, but according to the official wiki article of the Cocoon of Finality, it is also stated to be the true Imaginary Singularity.

The Cocoon of Finality was a civilisation that ascended to Godhood once fusing with its planet, according to Dr. Mei and uh, is strong asf... let's just get to the point.

The Cocoon of Finality considers every Herrscher power to be nothing but a shadow of its own power. The power of the Herrscher comes from the Sea of Quanta as a UES, and the high-tier Herrschers have their powers from the Imaginary Tree, which you have agreed to the Tree being possibly Low 1-A in nature. The Cocoon of Finality also has been said to retain nigh-omnipotent powers.

The Cocoon of Finality is not only referred to as the Narrator, but manifested itself as the Narrator over the story of Honkai Impact 3rd itself, since we see the Cocoon suddenly taking the perspective of the Narrator as seen in this dialogue.

With all these points in mind, I think it should make it more reasonable to deduce that "transcending dimensions" should refer more to type 2 BDE with qualitative superiority rather than just simply lacking dimensions without being any superior to any of it. Therefore, 1-A should be logical.

Can you elaborate on what exactly the Cocoon is?
It is an existence that gave birth to the Herrscher of Finality, with all Herrschers being just shadows of the Herrscher of Finality. It has been said that the Herrscher of Finality can withstand spacetime shifts in some way. The Cocoon is an entity that lacks dimensional information and is dimensionless. However, it's important to note that all of this was explained before they even reached Cocoon.

After reaching its existence, Kiana became equal to Cocoon and transcended all dimensions. This was stated after encountering its existence, which is why Cocoon is described as dimensionless and lacking dimensional information before. The hypothesis that the Herrscher of Finality can withstand spacetime shifts was clear after that, because its authority transcends dimensions.

Additionally, it transcends reality. Referring back to Otto's feat, he transcended reality and became part of the Imaginary Tree, but he's just on par with the Herrscher of Finality. This could refer to the previous era's Herrscher of the End, which Deliverance Kevin has already surpassed. Therefore, Kiana herself, who is equal to Cocoon, could be infinitely above everything due to her authority from the Cocoon itself, which transcends all dimensions.

So, I think Low 1-A look fine for me. I don't know about 1-A.

Apologies if my explanation was unclear. English is not my native language.

Last edited:
It is an existence that gave birth to the Herrscher of Finality, with all Herrschers being just shadows of the Herrscher of Finality. It has been said that the Herrscher of Finality can withstand spacetime shifts in some way. The Cocoon is an entity that lacks dimensional information and is dimensionless. However, it's important to note that all of this was explained before they even reached Cocoon.

After reaching its existence, Kiana became equal to Cocoon and transcended all dimensions. This was stated after encountering its existence, which is why Cocoon is described as dimensionless and lacking dimensional information before. The hypothesis that the Herrscher of Finality can withstand spacetime shifts was clear after that, because its authority transcends dimensions.

Additionally, it transcends reality. Referring back to Otto's feat, he transcended reality and became part of the Imaginary Tree, but he's just on par with the Herrscher of Finality. This could refer to the previous era's Herrscher of the End, which Deliverance Kevin has already surpassed. Therefore, Kiana herself, who is equal to Cocoon, could be infinitely above everything due to her authority from the Cocoon itself, which transcends all dimensions.

So, I think Low 1-A and BDE Type 2 look fine for me. I don't know about 1-A.
Bde type 2 grants 1-A,im certain that with this low 1-A is solid than ever
Nah you cooked this one,good job

So, I think Low 1-A look fine for me. I don't know about 1-A.

This gonna be huge anti-feats for 1-A cause new 1-A require utterly above everything that everything from lower can't interact with 1-A, in this case peoples however reach 1-A place like no tomorrow so......

Low 1-A i'm neutral, as how @Ultima_Reality put it, as we not really sure if it is truly Absolute Infinity refering to Cantor's

This gonna be huge anti-feats for 1-A cause new 1-A require utterly above everything that everything from lower can't interact with 1-A, in this case peoples however reach 1-A place like no tomorrow so......

Low 1-A i'm neutral, as how @Ultima_Reality put it, as we not really sure if it is truly Absolute Infinity refering to Cantor's
Kiana has been shown to be directly transcending dimensions and becoming the narrator of the story. She should be fine.
Nothing here states that Otto is on par with the Herrscher of Finality; it only said that there was a huge energy spike before the Finality Herrscher, who’s Kiana, descended (which in other words, arrived) to the Universe.

Nothing here states that Otto is on par with the Herrscher of Finality; it only said that there was a huge energy spike before the Finality Herrscher, who’s Kiana, descended (which in other words, arrived) to the Universe.
You mean he's weaker than the Herrscher of Finality right?

Anyway, I'm just putting it in a way that is safe for my claim. But it doesn't change that much; my point is to make the Herrscher of Finality benefit from his feat, that's it.

Last edited:
You mean he's weaker than the Herrscher of Finality right?

Anyway, I'm just putting it in a way that is safe for my claim. But it doesn't change that much; my point is to make the Herrscher of Finality benefit from his feat, that's it.
No point in benefitting from his feat if she already transcends the Imaginary Tree.

No point in benefitting from his feat if she already transcends the Imaginary Tree.
The one he talks about is pe kiana not our kiana.
pe finality/kevin finality and kiana finality are completely different thing from cocon of finality kiana,as kevin only shouldered part of authority, idk about PE hofin,while kiana is completely one with the cocoon and it was shown after the battle with deliverance kevin

Okay, I now have a bit of time to give my opinion properly and respond to some of the comments.
I obviously agree with the Low 1-A rating, given I have worked on the draft for it. 1-A wasn't something I worked on, but after seeing how this new Tiering System works I think it should be pretty solid too, but I will elaborate on it later (and I already elaborated on it in the previous comment).

I would rate the Imaginary Tree as at most "possibly Low 1-A." The Absolute Infinity statement is really only given substance by the verse making reference to set-theoretic concepts in relation to the Imaginary Tree elsewhere, so it isn't really 100% solid at all.
I am not sure why it would only be "possibly", tbh. There are no other definition for the wording "Absolute infinite" (you can just google those words together and the only thing that will come out is the Cantor explanation, nothing else), and if it was used once I would almost agree that there was a slightly chance of those two specific words being used together as a coincidence, but since it is used twice in relation to the same thing it becomes obvious that it is absolutely not a coincidence (especially given they already used complex mathematical terms like the Remmanian Manifolds in the story as shown directly in the OP). And I agree, that word being used to refer to something in itself is not prove of anything. However, the transfinite statement is pretty straight forward in letting us know what it means. The use of the transfinite cardinals and the wording of it in relation to the same structure that was called "Absolute infinite" should make the evidence as solid as it can get, imho. The fact that the two statement are not in the same monologue also means very little, given that all of them are still to refer to the same thing (the Imaginary Tree, in this instance). It isn't really relevant if the statements are used elsewhere if they are about the same thing.
Overall, I don't think that this would warrant just a "possibly Low 1-A", but a solid Low 1-A. The "possibly" rating would just uselessly bloat the pages, and to me there are no reason to not give it a solid rating.

A being with Type 1 BDE could as well be said to "Transcend dimensions," in the same way an incorporeal being can be accurately described as transcending matter.
I already expressed my disagreement of this in my previous comment:

Heavily disagree with this argument. A incorporeal being doesn't trascend matter, it lacks matter. Lacking something doesn't equate to transcending something. To trascend means to go beyond something, to surpass something, to rise above something, etc... A incorporeal being just lacks matter, it is not beyond matter. It might be beyond the need of matter, but it is not beyond matter itself. Your comparison about Incorporeal beings to BDE would be much more akin to BDE Type 1:
"Characters who lack spatiotemporal features entirely, while not actually being superior to them in nature."
BDE Type 1 is the lack of spatiotemporal features, much like being incorporeal is the lack of material features. BDE Type 2 is being above those, and to my knowlodge there is no comparison between this and materiality.

Secondly, if transcending all dimensions is only BDE Type 1 than the BDE page would be incorrect. As I showed above, the page explains that BDE Type 1 is for those that lacks dimensional feature without being above them. Given the meaning of "trascending" posted above, transcending dimensions would necessarily mean to be beyond, above, better, etc... than dimensions. Even the BDE page notes as such in the part about BDE Type 2:
"As a default, statements of being "above dimensions" are set at Low 1-A, and the same is applied to statements indicating superiority over "All of space and time," and similar. However, if they are applied to realms that can be inferred to surpass the very composition of the lower reality (e.g. Realms that are, themselves, non-composite, such as conceptual domains, or often, voids of nothingness), then 1-A is the most appropriate rating for them."
As a standard, being above dimension would be BDE Type 2, set at Low 1-A at the very least. "Trascend" means to be above something. As such, given the fact that it is said that being above dimension would qualify for BDE Type 2, the Cocoon would qualify purely based on the statement about it transcending dimensions, unless the page is incorrect in the first place.
Your main counter-argument of "transcending all dimensions" being BDE Type 1 seems to be reliant on the equation "to trascend"="to lack" (as expressed by your inclusion of the Incorpreality part, which is the lack of matter rather than the trascendence of matter), which is not correct to me. To trascend something obviously means that you don't have the thing you trascend, but to lack something doesn't mean at all that you trascend (aka you are above) the thing you lack. The BDE notes as such, given that the main difference between Type 1 and Type 2 is that the first lack dimensionality, while the other is above it (with again, trascendence meaning being above them too given the definition of the word posted above). Taking your example about Incorporeality, and NEP in general, having something (a body a dimensions, etc...) would be 1, not having something (a body, a dimensions, etc...) would be 0. Being 0 doesn't make a character trascendent of 1, it simply a state of being that lack the thing that 1 have, not something that goes beyond 1.
Tldr; transcending something is not equal to lacking something. Transcending means to be beyond or above, lacking is just not having.

And, obviously, Type 1 BDE already accounts for having no dimensional information and being dimensionless.
This directly connects with the above points. Being dimensionless is obviously text book Type 1, but it also a requirement for Type 2, give that being above something and still being dimensional would be weird. In this case, the Cocoon is both dimensionless (so he lacks dimensions, the requirement for Type 1) and trascends dimensions (aka is above dimensions, the requirement for Type 2). Both of the main requirements are met in a pretty straight forward way, so I am still not sure why it wouldn't qualify according to you.

I am not sure to what you are referring specifically, would you be able to give more context to this? Because all the times they reach the Cocoon is because someone that either goes there or help other go there have the power of Finality within them. And even then, the Cocoon often actively allows people to reach it because it wants someone to be at its own level to endure it's "embrace". For example, it is said that it recognized and allowed Kevin to take its power despite him stealing them with Project Stigma, and the first time Kiana reaches it it's because it wants to see if she is worth of the power of Finality. Not to mention that Anti-Entropy and Schicksal, which at that point of the story had the technology to reach both the Sea of Quanta and the Imaginary Tree, had troubles both locating and reaching the space in which the Cocoon existed. I don't remember people going there like there is no tomorrow (and with this I mean the true Cocoon, not the manifestations of it like the one on the Moon), so if you could explain better this point it would be useful.

Also, since Otto is been talked about, I think that he is another interesting case. The Imaginary Tree is the top structure of the cosmology (except for the Cocoon), and I think we can agree on this, regardless of it being Low 1-A or whatever. Otto, after obtaining the powers of the Herrscher of Binding and the Imaginary Tree and becoming the False God, managed to ascend to the Imaginary Tree itself, interact with it and affect it by creating a new branch on it. Yet, even he, with the "absolute infinite" power granted by the Tree, is still shown to be nothing more than a shadow of the Herrscher of Finality (timestamp 0:50). So, if there was any more doubts, this should also say a lot about how massive the difference between the Cocoon and the Tree really is.

Last edited:
Kevin capable of making project stigma and steal it power from the first place is already an anti-feat.
I already talked about this in my comment above. It is directly said that his methods was close to stealing, but it was the Cocoon in itself that actively recognized him (timestamp 4:06:28). To obtain the powers of Finality you need to be recognized by the Cocoon, and this is shown directly to us when Kiana, to obtain the powers of Finality, need the "recognition" of the Cocoon itself (same video, timestamp 4:06:00). And if you want to ignore all of this, the Cocoon itself has no reason to stop him from doing it or posing any resistence, given that it's objective is to find someone worthy of becoming its equal and enduring its "embrace", so why trying to stop someone from reaching it's level? When Kiana attempts to become the Herrscher of Finality, the Cocoon just interview her briefly and then happily gives her its powers to see who between her and Kevin would win. This just to say that basically everything that happens around the Cocoon is because the Cocoon wants it to happen in order to find someone that can reach its level.
Not to mention that you are also heavily underestimating the power of Project Stigma in itself given that, as already said in the OP, it is the "narrative of all narratives", "Conceptual Infinity" and the "absolute idea of self", created to govern all stories (which by the way would include the real world too given that Chapter 35 canonicize the event in which the player help Ai to fix the game and define it as another story, but I wont go too deep into it), and it is also directly stated to also be able to fuse reality with fiction. Project Stigma is much more power than you are giving it credit, and despite this it really isn't even close to the Cocoon of Finality in itself.

Your main counter-argument of "transcending all dimensions" being BDE Type 1 seems to be reliant on the equation "to trascend"="to lack" (as expressed by your inclusion of the Incorpreality part, which is the lack of matter rather than the trascendence of matter), which is not correct to me. To trascend something obviously means that you don't have the thing you trascend, but to lack something doesn't mean at all that you trascend (aka you are above) the thing you lack. The BDE notes as such, given that the main difference between Type 1 and Type 2 is that the first lack dimensionality, while the other is above it (with again, trascendence meaning being above them too given the definition of the word posted above). Taking your example about Incorporeality, and NEP in general, having something (a body a dimensions, etc...) would be 1, not having something (a body, a dimensions, etc...) would be 0. Being 0 doesn't make a character trascendent of 1, it simply a state of being that lack the thing that 1 have, not something that goes beyond 1.
Tldr; transcending something is not equal to lacking something. Transcending means to be beyond or above, lacking is just not having
Transcend means "To go beyond" something. Characters with Type 1 BDE are indeed beyond dimensions, insofar as they don't exist in dimensional space at all and thus are outside dimensions. Previously you said that if "Transcends dimensions" is not enough for 1-A, then the BDE page is wrong, but this isn't correct; it's just that "Transcends X" doesn't actually mean "Superior in nature to X" in the first place. You can go look at any verse that describes dimensional travel and time travel as "Transcending dimensions" and "Transcending time" respectively, as an example of how finicky this word is.

I am open to "Transcends dimensions" statements being 1-A, mind you. There just doesn't seem to be any context that'd make that the case here.

I am not sure why it would only be "possibly", tbh. There are no other definition for the wording "Absolute infinite" (you can just google those words together and the only thing that will come out is the Cantor explanation, nothing else), and if it was used once I would almost agree that there was a slightly chance of those two specific words being used together as a coincidence, but since it is used twice in relation to the same thing it becomes obvious that it is absolutely not a coincidence (especially given they already used complex mathematical terms like the Remmanian Manifolds in the story as shown directly in the OP). And I agree, that word being used to refer to something in itself is not prove of anything. However, the transfinite statement is pretty straight forward in letting us know what it means. The use of the transfinite cardinals and the wording of it in relation to the same structure that was called "Absolute infinite" should make the evidence as solid as it can get, imho. The fact that the two statement are not in the same monologue also means very little, given that all of them are still to refer to the same thing (the Imaginary Tree, in this instance). It isn't really relevant if the statements are used elsewhere if they are about the same thing.
Overall, I don't think that this would warrant just a "possibly Low 1-A", but a solid Low 1-A. The "possibly" rating would just uselessly bloat the pages, and to me there are no reason to not give it a solid rating.
I'm in for a "possibly" precisely because there's still room for doubt in that department. The statements of "absolute infinity" wouldn't really mean anything on their own, and they're only substantiated by the verse talking about set-theoretical concepts elsewhere (And generally demonstrating good knowledge of mathematical jargon of that sort, but this is secondary in comparison, in my opinion). If the absolute infinity statements happened in the same scene as them talking about the Imaginary Tree being transfinite (Or in a scene extremely close to it), I'd be perfectly fine with a solid Low 1-A, but the fact the statements are apart from each other leaves room for uncertainty, small as it is.

It is been referred back and forth a few times, it should give consistency right?
I mean, it's been referred to as such only twice, from what I see, and in disconnected scenes.

Yet, even he, with the "absolute infinite" power granted by the Tree, is still shown to be nothing more than a shadow of the Herrscher of Finality (timestamp 0:50)
What exactly should I be looking at, in that video?

Transcend means "To go beyond" something. Characters with Type 1 BDE are indeed beyond dimensions, insofar as they don't exist in dimensional space at all and thus are outside dimensions. Previously you said that if "Transcends dimensions" is not enough for 1-A, then the BDE page is wrong, but this isn't correct; it's just that "Transcends X" doesn't actually mean "Superior in nature to X" in the first place. You can go look at any verse that describes dimensional travel and time travel as "Transcending dimensions" and "Transcending time" respectively, as an example of how finicky this word is.

I am open to "Transcends dimensions" statements being 1-A, mind you. There just doesn't seem to be any context that'd make that the case here.

I'm in for a "possibly" precisely because there's still room for doubt in that department. The statements of "absolute infinity" wouldn't really mean anything on their own, and they're only substantiated by the verse talking about set-theoretical concepts elsewhere (And generally demonstrating good knowledge of mathematical jargon of that sort, but this is secondary in comparison, in my opinion). If the absolute infinity statements happened in the same scene as them talking about the Imaginary Tree being transfinite (Or in a scene extremely close to it), I'd be perfectly fine with a solid Low 1-A, but the fact the statements are apart from each other leaves room for uncertainty, small as it is.
actually its kinda close to argue aboslute infinity and transfinity stuff,as of the context,exhausting the tree into the universe would make them so infinitesmal to the tree that it they would wander into lowest cardinal hence that statement,and absolute infinity is where tree peaks as a structure,hecne how otto with the power that got from transcending reality and ascending the imaginary tree the imaginary space he made was also a sign of absolute infinity kinda repetitve form what they said but thats how it goes here
I mean, it's been referred to as such only twice, from what I see, and in disconnected scenes.

i dont think thats the perfect video without this scan here
as the video shows all the herrschers kiana faced and taking their authority for her own
hell it was even accepted on her profile that she has every single herrscher authoirty
All previous abilities to a greater extent plus:

all in all i belive cocoon can be solid low 1-A,tree too,while you can say that it can get likely low 1-A and everybody that scales to false god otto onwards will scale there too,
sorry if i had some grammar mistakes

I am not sure to what you are referring specifically, would you be able to give more context to this? Because all the times they reach the Cocoon is because someone that either goes there or help other go there have the power of Finality within them. And even then, the Cocoon often actively allows people to reach it because it wants someone to be at its own level to endure it's "embrace". For example, it is said that it recognized and allowed Kevin to take its power despite him stealing them with Project Stigma, and the first time Kiana reaches it it's because it wants to see if she is worth of the power of Finality. Not to mention that Anti-Entropy and Schicksal, which at that point of the story had the technology to reach both the Sea of Quanta and the Imaginary Tree, had troubles both locating and reaching the space in which the Cocoon existed. I don't remember people going there like there is no tomorrow (and with this I mean the true Cocoon, not the manifestations of it like the one on the Moon), so if you could explain better this point it would be useful.
Additionaly this, yes anti-entroyp and Schicksal couldnt locate cocoon even with the second key (cosmic juggernaut) as shown here
pretty consistent as we can see here that otto was able to look into imaginary tree and see into other worlds (universes) and in fact,Genshin Impact, another hoyoverse game is located there
Edit:in this chapter of manga Su also demonstrates the power of cosmic juggernaut AKA second key in which we have more input about the key observing imaginary tree and the universes within it

Last edited:
I already talked about this in my comment above. It is directly said that his methods was close to stealing, but it was the Cocoon in itself that actively recognized him (timestamp 4:06:28). To obtain the powers of Finality you need to be recognized by the Cocoon, and this is shown directly to us when Kiana, to obtain the powers of Finality, need the "recognition" of the Cocoon itself (same video, timestamp 4:06:00). And if you want to ignore all of this, the Cocoon itself has no reason to stop him from doing it or posing any resistence, given that it's objective is to find someone worthy of becoming its equal and enduring its "embrace", so why trying to stop someone from reaching it's level? When Kiana attempts to become the Herrscher of Finality, the Cocoon just interview her briefly and then happily gives her its powers to see who between her and Kevin would win. This just to say that basically everything that happens around the Cocoon is because the Cocoon wants it to happen in order to find someone that can reach its level.
Not to mention that you are also heavily underestimating the power of Project Stigma in itself given that, as already said in the OP, it is the "narrative of all narratives", "Conceptual Infinity" and the "absolute idea of self", created to govern all stories (which by the way would include the real world too given that Chapter 35 canonicize the event in which the player help Ai to fix the game and define it as another story, but I wont go too deep into it), and it is also directly stated to also be able to fuse reality with fiction. Project Stigma is much more power than you are giving it credit, and despite this it really isn't even close to the Cocoon of Finality in itself.
Ayo, literally Cocoon never choose anyone on it own account, unless somehow you gain Finality power first for it to recognize

Having trouble locating something isn't always neccessary that said thing is higher than what can be located

Not much is officially known about Cocoon of Finality, but according to the official wiki article of the Cocoon of Finality, it is also stated to be the true Imaginary Singularity.

The Cocoon of Finality was a civilisation that ascended to Godhood once fusing with its planet, according to Dr. Mei and uh, is strong asf... let's just get to the point.

The Cocoon of Finality considers every Herrscher power to be nothing but a shadow of its own power. The power of the Herrscher comes from the Sea of Quanta as a UES, and the high-tier Herrschers have their powers from the Imaginary Tree, which you have agreed to the Tree being possibly Low 1-A in nature. The Cocoon of Finality also has been said to retain nigh-omnipotent powers.

The Cocoon of Finality is not only referred to as the Narrator, but manifested itself as the Narrator over the story of Honkai Impact 3rd itself, since we see the Cocoon suddenly taking the perspective of the Narrator as seen in this dialogue.

With all these points in mind, I think it should make it more reasonable to deduce that "transcending dimensions" should refer more to type 2 BDE with qualitative superiority rather than just simply lacking dimensions without being any superior to any of it. Therefore, 1-A should be logical.
@Ultima_Reality forgot to respond to these comments of mines where I gave more evidence towards 1-A and Type 2 BDE.
Ayo, literally Cocoon never choose anyone on it own account, unless somehow you gain Finality power first for it to recognize

Having trouble locating something isn't always neccessary that said thing is higher than what can be located
Thing is, where does Kiana even gain any of the Finality powers?

@DarkDragonMedeus @Planck69 @Elizhaa @Catzlaflame @LephyrTheRevanchist Any input will be genuinely appreciated~

Kevin didn't give tuna any power tho. It was explicitly stated that the Coccoon itself chose Kiana. Iirc, it chose her while Mei was trying to gather all other authorities to "implant" in Kiana and get a pseudo/artificial Finality

Eh......trying to make a joke about Kebin but it didn't work, anyway, what i mean is that Kebin created project Stigma and actually successful in stealing Cocoon power. Not about Kiana though

Eh......trying to make a joke about Kebin but it didn't work, anyway, what i mean is that Kebin created project Stigma and actually successful in stealing Cocoon power. Not about Kiana though
Successfully stole yet got destroyed by Herrscher of Finality… 🤔 Bro got fooled

Makes sense.

I have some arguments about this to give more context to the relationship between the Cocoon and dimensions, but at this point I will just be happy with possibly/likely Low 1-A. A further revision to bring up more points that weren't brought in here (it's a huge verse, it's difficult to find everything needed) can be done at a later date, when the Tier 1 revision slows down and maybe more informations about the Cocoon are released with the new chapters.

I understand, I personally think that it's solid enough, but if you don't think so I wont delve further. Though, given that it is a small uncertainty, wouldn't "likely" be more fitting? But it's indifferent to me regardless.

I will just explain this since I realize that the video without context isn't really helpful. So, it's explained directly that all Herrschers are nothing more than shadows of the Cocoon of Finality, with this relation being compared to the one between the real Universe and the Bubble Universes, with the latter being real physical Universes in their own way that are, however, nothing more than projections and illusions of the real ones.
Otto, after becoming the Herrscher of Binding, trascended reality and became a part of the Imaginary Tree, interacting with it and affecting it by creating a new branch on it. Yet, even his "absolute infinite" power that he achived throught the Imaginary Tree is nothing more than a shadow of the Cocoon (the video I linked previously, the guy kneeling is Otto, who is also my pfp), just like the other Herrschers.

Anyway, at this point I will just settle for "possibly Low 1-A" or what is decided, so I doubt I will responds further. Thanks for your input on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back