• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No there is no acausality here. Dragon ball timelines are just resistant to change via time travel as changes create a seperate timeline where the change happens. So at best it would be resistance to time travel

Are you even allowed to give people abilities because the universe they live in has it? isnt that like giving me gravity manip because my universe has gravity?

Disagree FRA. The way timelines work in Dragon Ball is that the act of time traveling creates a new timeline where the events gets changed, while the original timeline remains the same. This means that characters don't actually need Acausality Type 1 to remain alive even if their past self die, because the very act of time travel creates an alternate universe with an alternate version of the character

Example: Suppose Cell takes the time machine and time travels into the past to kill Bulma to prevent Trunks from being born (hey that sounds farmiliar). However, the mere act of Cell time-traveling creates a new alternate timeline, so when he kills Bulma, only her version in the alternate timeline is dead, as he doesn't return to the past of the original timeline, thus Trunks is still born in the original timeline as well, since the act of time travel only prevented Trunks from being born in the alternate timeline

Another example would be Goku taking the heart medicine from Trunks to survive the heart virus, but the original Goku is still dead because of the virus, since time traveling caused Trunks to come to the past of an alternate timeline instead of the past of his own timeline, meaning Trunks' actions only saved the alternate timeline's Goku rather than the original Goku in his timeline

I did skim through it, and I am not sure what you are on about as even your own scans contradict your belief:

IMG_20211208_094410.jpg

As you can see, in the diagram representing the original timeline A's mom is still alive, meaning the change of her dying was never enacted in the first place
Unironically in the scan right before this, she moves the picture of trunks under the label “past” when describing the time travel, not a completely separate timeline which means, like I said before, before the new timeline is created, time travel happens occurs in the desired timeline

And I did read the scan, and if you actually read the chapter, you would know the change was actually baby bulma being given the bun to eat. Dying was the result of that change, and as shown in the diagram, her dying is only reflected in the alternate timeline. The original timeline remains immune.

And then as stated by trunks and the teacher, changes happen in that timeline, which leads to a new timeline where the change is reflected, however in the original timeline remains unaffected by that alteration.

So to sum up the main two refutations
1. The change doesn’t happen in the original timeline, it happens in the alternate timeline

Is not the case, as we see from the diagram that time travel initially takes you to the desired timeline, not an alternate one, unless you purposefully travel to another timeline.
We know the alternate timelines are created by these changes itself, not by time travel, so logically these changes predate the alternate timelines, so where must these changes exist? In the original timeline. However, only the timeline created by this change will experience any affect of the change.

2. This is not an ability the characters have, it’s part of the cosmology.

These characters are aspects of this verse and a part of it. If these characters operate under these principles, taking them into a neutral verse doesn’t take this away due to verse equalization. This is the equivalent to arguing Flash won’t have super speed in vs battles because he only has it because of his cosmology (the speed force). This refutation also doesn’t work.

So yeah if you guys have any other problems with those other than the two I just listed, lmk, this thread is getting a bit circular

I say huge, but it’s gonna be a rather simple crt.
Everyone in dragon ball super manga should get type 1 acausality due to the fact that killing a character in the past does not actually affect their timeline, but rather creates a different timeline in which they don’t live.
And this idea is expanded on by even trunks in dbz, that even the SMALLEST changes in the timeline would just create an alternative world.
Doesn't this mean that everyone in the MCU should have type 1 acausality according to Bruce Banner? Or at least following this logic.

Now it is time to wrap up this bullshit, time travel create new branch timeline, what does that mean, that mean time travel does not affect causality, it create a new branch of causality, thus nothing acausality here because the verse itself in order to fix causality paradox, it create another causality line not character's power to resist causality paradox or acausality. End of story, now we can probably close this

So now even if we treat this as some form of Limited power, it only effect if you put the fight in Dragon Ball verse, for example you put Goku vs a guy with battlefield is Earth of Universe 7, if Goku opponent time travel back to the past to kill Goki, present Goku will be alive because of the DB verse mechanic protect him, not because Goku resist the paradox himself. But at the same time you guys can also put character who not belong to DB verse in a battlefield of DB, and they still being protected from time travel because of the battlefield mechanic prevent the paradox by creating new timeline

Now Beerus or GoDs, is a very special case, as he negate the entire verse mechanic itself prevent it from creating a new timeline - a new causality line, our wiki right now hardly can list this kind of power lmao

Now it is time to wrap up this bullshit, time travel create new branch timeline, what does that mean, that mean time travel does not affect causality, it create a new branch of causality, thus nothing acausality here because the verse itself in order to fix causality paradox, it create another causality line not character's power to resist causality paradox or acausality. End of story, now we can probably close this
Incorrect, as I explained and prove using scans multime times in the thread, time travel itself doesn't create timelines, the changes do.
Furthermore the changes, as I addressed and proved before, exist in the original timeline.

So mainly this first part of the reply is argument from repetition.

So now even if we treat this as some form of Limited power, it only effect if you put the fight in Dragon Ball verse, for example you put Goku vs a guy with battlefield is Earth of Universe 7, if Goku opponent time travel back to the past to kill Goki, present Goku will be alive because of the DB verse mechanic protect him, not because Goku resist the paradox himself. But at the same time you guys can also put character who not belong to DB verse in a battlefield of DB, and they still being protected from time travel because of the battlefield mechanic prevent the paradox by creating new timeline
Again, this is a quality everyone in the verse has by virtue of operating under this concept. Like I also said before, if you drop goku in a neutral verse, this would not be taken away not only for the reason I just listed above, but because of verse equalization. Akin to the way the flash wouldn't lose his speed force powers despite the speed force only being something that dc's cosmology operates under. Literally mentioned in the OP. On top of that already being addressed multiple times by me TO YOU SPECIFICALLY in this thread, so its weird you are repeating this as opposed to addressing what I said.
Now Beerus or GoDs, is a very special case, as he negate the entire verse mechanic itself prevent it from creating a new timeline - a new causality line, our wiki right now hardly can list this kind of power lmao
This was never stated within the manga, thats a blatant lie. Contrary to that, he verbatim says that he knows erasing zamasu will create a new timeline, he just doesn't ******* care lmao.

My argument: there are no changes in the first place

They are fundamentally on different pages.

Change that doesn't appear in the original timeline and only appears in the new one.
one.
I already proved that to be the case within the thread, so unless you addressed my reasoning for that, then saying that doesn't really help..

1. The verse itself create a new causality line when the change happen, it is the verse mechanic itself

2. We don't equalize verse like that, as it give certain character from cetain verse have advantage, as this is special mechanic of one or two verses. And don't bring speed force here, it is still Flash own power that why it was equalize, we don't equalize thing that specific to one or two verses

3. The Beerus part is i'm talking about anime not manga though

1. The verse itself create a new causality line when the change happen, it is the verse mechanic itself
argument from repetition
2. We don't equalize verse like that, as it give certain character from cetain verse have advantage, as this is special mechanic of one or two verses. And don't bring speed force here, it is still Flash own power that why it was equalize, we don't equalize thing that specific to one or two verses
It doesn't give him an advantage or anything at all. Under sba, the verse is equalized in a way characters don't gain or lose any new abilities as a result of the neutral verse. And just as flash has powers due to operating under something in his cosmology, so do these characters within dragon ball. And where does it say things exclusive to a singular verse doesn't get equalized?
3. The Beerus part is i'm talking about anime not manga though
This is a manga CRT. hence the manga only scans.

He directly draws power form it, and in some cases is the source of it so it’s not the same. Goku just lives there.
He, and everyone in the verse, have speed because of operating under the speed force. Goku and everyone in the verse is acasual because he operates under this principle listed above. its directly analogous.

Speed force gave Flash direct power, it was their power sources, DB cosmology doesn't give anyone acausality, it just create a new timeline
he has speed because he and the dc multiverse operates under the speed force. its literally kinetic energy. otherwise the entire verse wouldn't be able to move.
goku has acausality because he operates under this principle in the cosmology. otherwise time travel could affect the original timeline.

he has speed because he and the dc multiverse operates under the speed force. its literally kinetic energy. otherwise the entire verse wouldn't be able to move.
goku has acausality because he operates under this principle in the cosmology. otherwise time travel could affect the original timeline.
Again what the ****, Speed Force gave Flash actual power. Dragon Ball cosmology gave nothing to Goku, at this point your argument fail flat on itself and clearly show you own bias nature and misunderstanding of the entire thing, trying to use other verse to give your point credit which fail entirely

At this point this thread should be close

Again what the ****, Speed Force gave Flash actual power. Dragon Ball cosmology gave nothing to Goku, at this point your argument fail flat on itself and clearly show you own bias nature and misunderstanding of the entire thing, trying to use other verse to give your point credit which fail entirely

At this point this thread should be close
so because the speed force amps people and because dragon ball gives an ability, verse equalization doesn't apply? what? i'll just quote sba and we can move on
It is also important to note that characters won't lose or gain any abilities or resistances which they do or do not inherently possess.
and calling me bias and insulting me doesn't defeat my argument, as many people can disagree with it as they want, but unless their reasoning is valid or unaddressed by me, then it doesn't matter.

The speed force has actual feats of amping characters, we don’t give abilities to characters for being slaves to their cosmology
the only difference is literally the speed force gives speed whilst this db gives type 1.
and sba quite literally agrees with this idea
It is also important to note that characters won't lose or gain any abilities or resistances which they do or do not inherently possess.
speedsters doesn't lose his speed force powers, db doesn't lose acausality, etc etc.

the only difference is literally the speed force gives speed whilst this db gives type 1.
and sba quite literally agrees with this idea
Actually, the difference is that while the speed force does affect everyone, there’s like, 5 people in the dc universe who actually gain anything from it Besides the ability to move. and don’t tell me movement is an ability. Meanwhile, the db universe nulls changes to timeline, but nobody in the db universe draws power from it. The speed force is a amping tool, while the db universe is a place to live. I don’t get Acausality type 1 if multiverse theory is true in the real world. U can’t give people powers because they are subject To the laws of physics.

But we can’t give abilities due to being slaves to the rules of reality. That isn’t an ability
we can and already do? I already listed multiple things from this wiki that directly conflict with your belief.
Actually, the difference is that while the speed force does affect everyone, there’s like, 5 people in the dc universe who actually gain anything from it Besides the ability to move. and don’t tell me movement is an ability.
speedforce grants the ability to movie, all speedsters do is draw more energy from it than regular people. and yes movement is something granted by the speedforce, don't ignore that.

so your main refutations to the analogy are mainly "oh well sf is different because the speed force amps whilst dbs gives an ability" which doesn't make it disanalogous as sba directly tells us that characters don't gain or lose abilities as a result of moving the verse. key word ABILITIES.

and by your logic we should remove all abilities the speed force grants characters except the amp portion of the ability which is really stupid and is NOT how verse equalization works.

unless some new argument or something pops up i probably won't be as active in this thread, from here the refutations i already addressed are going to keep repeating

I was asked to close this thread, as it has been rejected by our staff and experienced members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back