• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huey and Riley Freeman revision

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Their current tiering comes from a calc I made a while back regarding KE. However, I feel that not only may it be wrong, but it might surprisingly be a lower rating then what they deserve. Now regardless, the boys are wall level+ due to Huey being vastly superior in every regard to a "12" year old who knocked down a tree with a kick from a softball going at subsonic speeds (160-170mph). But with my calc, I made the assumption that the kickball weighed the same as a bowling ball, and that the speed for it to catch fire was Mach 5 due to Donkey Kong's profile saying that for his fist to catch fire, it would have to be going at Mach 5. I would need the speed for whatever it takes for whatever kickballs are made of t catch fire to come up with new speed. Not to mention that the kickball had a reentry effect. And to follow up, he receiver at the end of the kick, her foot caught on fire (blue fire, mind you. Not that it matters) BEFORE kicking the ball. So a collision formula might need to be done to figure out the speed and force of the ball post-kick, too. Finally, the balls were stated to be indestructible, and while a NLF,they're clearly more durable than trees. Not sure how far I can go until it's a NLF tho... They blew it up to the point where there were only smoldering remains.

If you want a calculation done, you should probably ask some calc group members to take a look at this thread.

The ball also left a small, but sizable crater. Could be calced but it probably end up as Wall level too. What exactly do you need calculated? No offense but the post was rather hard to follow..

None taken. I need:

• A calc for the speed of Huey's throw
  • The speed of the return kick
  • The speed it takes for whatever a kickball is made of to catch fire
  • How far can you go to hit NLF for being indestructible
  • The force it takes to use a kickball to knock down a tree at 170mph.
  • The force of the collision, and the returning kick

Have you asked the other calc members, especially DontTalk about this? Calculating the force required to uproot a tree at 170 mph is something that is beyond me at the moment.

Well, I wouldn't know how to calc that stuff, but I can probably get on calcing Bushido Browns feats, as well as the small crater the ball left. Can't expect to high of results though.

Now the video doesn't load for me so just a comment based on the descriptions:

Well, for the Mach 5 thing a justification where it comes from (even on DK's profile) would be necessary.

Aside from that I kinda doubt that is legitimately useable. For that line of reasoning it likely would be necessary to calculate the speed of the ball based on the amount of energy that has to be lost in form of friction in order create glowing gas.

Or for short you would calculate speed from energy.

That things catch fire thing is also a trope of sorts, so it possibly is also more something like an ability (toonforce stuff) than a speed feat.

(I could also not calculate it even if I wanted to. I have a history in failing to do so... (and if it goes towards supersonic speeds things get even more complicated) )

The energy to knock down the tree can probably be calculated, though the accuracy depends a bit on how it was knocked down. In the worst case it can end up quite a bit lowballed, due to not taking into account fricton properly. The 170 mph are for the ball, right?

Actually, never mind about the 170mph thing. It would be kinda calc stacking, considering I got the speed due to the performer being as fast as the main antagonist when she was 3. Also would like to state that this verse rarely displays feats of toonforce. Also, the fire thing was never replicated again.

the video doesn't work for me too. But yeah I agree: it's a form of toon force or something like that. I don't think we should take this as a speed feat too. there were many anime/cartoon with characters who did things like that for "comical purpose" for example.

I know Huey is pretty damn strong, but mach 5 makes absolutely no sense for him, that's faster than This guy (before his evolution in season 2).

@Jeune Fou

Please do not quote large post of text, just use @DontTalk or who you're replying too instead.

Anyway, I don't see why Hypersonic Huey and Riley seems out of the question. Other characters have similar feats and we accept those as genuine feats. Regardless if its to be removed, Huey has a casual Subsonic feat somewhere.

Subsonic sounds already more reasonable. I don't hate Huey or something, I just thought it was really strange for him to be faster than the flash (arrowverse) such as he was before his evolution in season 2.

Well they're two different series dude. A cartoon like The Boondocks has more freedom on what it can do with the characters, ergo why very few live-action characters are typically above Supersonic.

That's true, but do you think it should be used as a speed feat (The video didn't work for me so I couldn't check) or more like a toon force or something (like donttalk said)?

I keep forgetting the upload the link to the video, sorry. Starts at 19:40. The whole scene is animated like a flashy anime fight scene so I dunno if it count as toonforce.

they definitely parodied some sport anime such as captain Tsusaba, so yeah I think it counts as a toon force or something because otherwise characters from prince of tennis (who are not superhumans) should all be crazy strong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ali4TQq_X6U (the ball is on fire, but that's not all: They trigger firestorms and tsunamis by playing!)

But they don't actually do that.That's more of an "image".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oNoX5ozDtU

So yeah, I don't know if we really should count that "fireball" thing as a speed feat or as something made for entertainment. But I'd say more people should tell what they think of that.

The ball also seemed to burn a large portion, after the whole ordeal, the ball is smoking from the heat. The ball is even described as being "smoldering" afterwards. I think its save to assume that they really did catch it on fire due to their force.

The stadium is also still destroyed at the end of the prince of tennis vid after tsunamis, firestorms etc ... but we know they didn't "really" performed those feats. That's just an "image".

Also in anime like "attacker you", You Hazuki (normal female human) destroyed an iron portal, but that was done for comical purpose (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS9Xokt8WHo at 20 min 15).

So we should be very careful with that. I don't say nothing happened or something. I just think they made the ball on fire to make it more epic (and to parody sport anime), and therefore it shouldn't count as a speed feat. But that's my personal opinion.

Those are different series though, they are irrelevant to this discussion. The ball was smoking, was described as being smoldering, left a burn mark through the ground and was depicted as catching fire. Sorry if I sound rude right now, but that should be more then enough evidence.

Darkanine said:
Those are different series though, they are irrelevant to this discussion. The ball was smoking, was described as being smoldering, left a burn mark through the ground and was depicted as catching fire. Sorry if I sound rude right now, but that should be more then enough evidence.
He's right, not to mention the fact that the little Chinese girl ended up also going to the hospital after. There no doubt it was all legitimate. This show isn't new to bizarre inhuman feats, just look at the hateocracy or stink meaner coming back form hell, or granddad crazy Kung fu wolf date.

I didn't know about the hospital part. If it had real consequences on their bodies I have nothing to add.

One thing I need to ask: Are there any potential outliers within this series? Even if I calculated the speed of the ball as the force required to kick said ball that fast, could this still be applied to Riley and Huey's stats?

That being said, Toon Force requires that the user only be limited by his/her imagination when it comes to feats. The original definition states:

the user gains the ability to re-write the strict laws of physics in their universe to their convenience and is allowed to overwrite the laws with more lenient and much more absurd physics.
I am not sure kicking a ball so fast that it lights up on fire would qualify for the definition above, as it is actually possible in real life for objects to move fast enough that it can catch fire.

Still, it may be that we could get a rather outrageous speed value for Huey and Riley if this is calculated.

A girl in that same episode was casually subsonic at the age of 3. They constantly dodge bullets and Huey has other subsonic feats involving his katanas.

Those are some wicked feats. I am glad that the kickball feat is not considered an outlier then.

Should I consider that the kickball is like a regular kickball (the ones you use at school), or is the kickball made of something else?

Its called indestructible multiple times, but that probably can't be used due to NLF stuff. I guess a higher end one could be used if yo can find parameters on one.

And as Cal has mentioned, Huey has a super casual Subsonic feat where he cuts a stool so fast that he appears invisible so I doubt the Hypersonic stuff are outliers.

To add in, didnt Huey also spin the Kickball in his hand so fast it generated wind?

And considering how we're talking about a pre-teen who can jump like 100 feet in the air in one leap, I dont think its strange for them to have these ratings either. Due to having more freedom, Boondocks half the time is basically naruto/streetfighter themed

PS- if profiles for them ever get made, wouldnt this also scale over to Luna (Killer Kung Fu Wolf Bitch), Bushido Brown, Stinkmeaner and the Hateocracy who all have shown to be superior to Huey in combat, some to the extreme?

Yeah, Wall level, Hypersonic scales to virtually everyone in the series. Luna, Stinkmeaner, Bushido Brown and the Hateocracy would probably be "At least Wall level" since they're well above the Freeman family, and since Bushido Browns wall feat was super casual iirc.

You can do so if you wish, yes, but there are no guarantees that they will be interested.

Back