• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to calculate this lightning feat?

So, there this feat where where a character react and counter lighting attack. The action perform is stated to be lighting speed and latter show to be similar to cloud-to ground lighting yet the character (Jinbara) easily dodge it.

Another instance showing that thunderbolt magic is similar to cloud-to-ground lighting. I do check how calculation work from cloud-to-ground lightning. My problem is that can I assume shorter distance here. That is taking distance value less than 200m which is high end for usual cloud to ground lightning because it appear the feat is done very close to one another.

you have to figure out the distance between them, or approximate, and then divide the distance by the speed of lightning, and then divide the distance moved by the previous result

though any case where its shown that lightning is about to hit someone and they move out of the way is bound to be anywhere from Massively Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic+

It really problem since there no visual because it’s from web novel. Is there a way for me to get approximate distance for this or other formula that can be used?

Basically whaty Scotty said.

First you need to find the distance between the lightning bolt and the person right where the person is about to move. Then you calculate the person's movement compared to the bolt.

Then you use the following formula:

(Distance moved by character * Lightning velocity) / Distance between the lightning bolt and the character when the character started to move

You can't randomly assume the bolt-to-character distance without calculating it with statements or visuals first. Given that there are no visuals to speak of here, or any visuals of the character's body movements, I am inclined to say that this feat might not be calculable at all.

Basically whaty Scotty said.

First you need to find the distance between the lightning bolt and the person right where the person is about to move. Then you calculate the person's movement compared to the bolt.

Then you use the following formula:

(Distance moved by character * Lightning velocity) / Distance between the lightning bolt and the character when the character started to move

You can't randomly assume the bolt-to-character distance without calculating it with statements or visuals first. Given that there are no visuals to speak of here, or any visuals of the character's body movements, I am inclined to say that this feat might not be calculable at all.
What about attack speed, then?

If its stated to be lightning bolts or akin to lightning bolts, and shown to act like natural lightning, you can probably assume combat speed and reactions are MHS+ for intercepting it

What about attack speed, then?
MHS+ Attack speed by just summoning/shooting the bolt is fine if it qualifies for all the other criteria.

If all else fails, just list them as MHS+ combat speed and reactions.

Back