• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How strong is a #2 Pencil?

GreyFang82

He/Him
Now I know what you're thinking... A #2 Pencil? Seriously? Are you a troll? But in all seriousness, on the youtube channel zombie go boom the people who work on it make plastic composite skulls that are just as dense and durable as human skulls and in one of their videos on testing "back to school" items they tested a pencil and this happend: https://youtu.be/5ESOupDFeck?t=3m50s

Now granted, the person who used the pencil said he had to use a specific technique, but it was able to punch through the toughest part of the human skull (the frontal bone) with ease. Shortcut to the frontal bone part https://youtu.be/5ESOupDFeck?t=5m41s

Would this mean a pencil is street level when used at its full potential?

Welp, using this Nasa equatio between others datas, I could determinate that breaking a pencil in a parallel way would require around 640 lbf, less than average boxer punch, but over twice the force needed to crush an empty can; I guess it require to be at least 10-A to break a pencil in that way.

Antoniofer said:
Welp, using this Nasa equatio between others datas, I could determinate that breaking a pencil in a parallel way would require around 640 lbf, less than average boxer punch, but over twice the force needed to crush an empty can; I guess it require to be at least 10-A to break a pencil in that way.
Well I took the 640 pound-force you got and just pluged it in for it to transfer from lbf to Newtons and according to converstions 1 Newton metre is equal to 1 joule so it would transfer to a force of 2846.86 joules or right into the mid-range of street level according to the attack potency page. Feel free to correct me if i have mistaken.

I commited a mistake, so the actual force would be twice that, 1280 lbf; but no, we can't convert force to energy in that way, maybe we can find work, however that is unusable anyway.

Back