• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"How nICE of you to take part in my challenge!" Cell VS Mia

XitSign

He/Him
Was talking about the failure of my first attempt at a versus thread with a friend. His answer: "Go bigger then."

Cell eventually finds Weyard while traveling the universe and decides to set up a new Cell Games arena to have a little fun with the locals. He eventually picks the Mercury Lighthouse as his new battlefield, after all it's nice and tall, has a great view, and that weird orb of floating energy is rather nice to look at, gives the whole place a perfectly magestic feeling for a fight.

Of course, Mia's not thrilled that another outsider is in the lighthouse she's supposed to be protecting, so she marches her way up to try to 'remove' the tresspasser.

Perfect Cell VS Mia , both 'At Least High 4-C', Speed Equalized, Mia has standard gear (I don't think standard VS endgame gear changes much since Mia's more reliant on Psynergy/Djinn/Summons, but I'm willing to be swayed on this one), and the fight takes place ontop of the Mercury Lighthouse. (I'm really hoping I've covered my bases this time and this isn't a stomp or haxfest)

Bug Boy: 0

(N)Ice Girl: 4

Goku shows up at the last second and wins: 0

Mia
Cell FighterZ

Mia's best way to kill Cell would be through instant death, curse, or other such effects, but since everyone and everything in the GS series resists them to the point where the abilities are pretty much useless, I don't think he'd need to worry about that unless he got really unlucky or the battle was really dragging on.

Cell outranges but would probably end up moving in close cause he's cocky. Stat wise, Cell should start out a bit above baseline, while Mia should be ahead of him here, since she should have gotten a significant powerup from baseline from the golden sun fragment. That plus Mia's stat amping, illusion inducement, and status reduction would give her an edge early on, and if she uses Rime or another sealing ability, Cell would be in a bad spot for a while. Though the fact that he'dconstantly be getting stronger over the course of the battle would help but it could take a while.

However, actually killing Cell would be a problem. She certainly has abilities that could do it, and once she sees his regen, she'll probably start using more powerful abilities, and ones that more thoroughly destroy the body. If she uses something that freezes him or incinerates him early on before he has much time to grow stronger, she should be able to destroy his core, and considering ice is one of her main elements and her standard equipment has a chance to strike the opponent with lightning, I think there's a good chance she'll take the win.

Oh thank god someone responded. After Isaac VS Frieza went up in smoke I was worried I blew the first impression.

I'll count that vote, but I was curious about a few things that your answer made me think about.

About insta-kills, with Cell's just...bizare biology would they still work on him like anything else if the effect got triggered, or would his weird biology and regen abilities help him get around it? You're totally right that it's a luck thing and most characters would be sparing with them, but attacks like Backstab, the Serac and Whorl Djinn, and the Charon are decent offensive options that can also randomly insta kill, so Mia busting them out isn't out of the question, especially since Serac is her element, so I guess I'd like my curisoty sated on if they'd even work. (I'll guess reaping his soul would work since Cell can go to Hell, but Condemn can be almost funny in how often the Grim Reaper misses)

Also, Cell has a resistance to Extreme Cold that's listed as 'Ice Manipulation'...That's from being able to fly and survive in space, right? Or has Cell gone up against someone and just shrugged off ice attacks? Because if so that might make Mia freezing Cell a bit tricker and force her to use other elements on the fly.

And about Mai's gear, the Witch's Wand's lightning strike also is supposed to 'stun' the opponent, and that's not the only status effect Mia has, but back to Cell's weird biology can she incapaciate him with a stun, poison him, ect? Sealing seems like something his body can't just defend against, but I was curious about the others since Cell is such a weird, regenerative beast.

And finally, about Cell getting stronger, would the Break psynergy be a counter to Zenkai boosting and Sayian biology, or is she going to have to rely soley on stat debuffs to fend off Cell's power boosts?

I think that aside from the stuff that's clearly death manip, most instant death abilities in GS are meant to imply that you managed to land a fatal blow, backstab: you struck the opponent's heart, drown: they drown, Serac: they shattered when you broke the ice, stuff like that. I don't think most would affect Cell thanks to his biology and regen.

It's only listed as cold resistance rather than saying he resists ice manip, which is what we typically see when someone resists being frozen and stuff like that, and it looks like Cell's resistance to cold is just from being in space (which isn't even really cold resistance cause space doesn't have enough matter for your body to transfer thermal energy to). So Mia should still be bake to freeze him with Cerac or Psynergy.

So her completely freezing him and him dying that way is still a possibility. As for stun, he still has muscles, so him being paralyzed through electricity should still be possible. For poison, he should regenerate from it faster than it'd be killing him, so I don't think it'd work. He does still need to sleep and rest at times, so sleep would work.

Break shoukdn't affect Zenkai boosts, since those are closer to level ups than to stat boosts.

...Not going to lie, completely forgot Drown was even a thing. GS really does love getting creative with its insta-kills, there's just so many of them.

I was just scratching my head as it's listed as a resistance to extreme cold, but links back to the Ice Manipulation page which seemed...out of place.

But thank you, there were a lot of abilities on Mia I just hadn't thought about in comparison to someone as weird as Cell, so I just wanted a quick clearup on how a lot of them would work in this matchup.

A lot of Mia's abilities seem to rely on game mechanics rather than any in-lore explanations. Some of these are also unlike the others. Like the move to make you harder to detect is literally "Avoid" and one of the instant kill attacks is "Backstab". Why in the world this resulsts in the same effect as summoning the Reaper itself, using a Magical Curse, or summoning of a Djinn (A magical being) is beyond me.

I'm honestly not sure how this battle would go. On one hand Mia has a crap ton of hax and is extremely versatile while Cell would probably absorb her, and as she has no Self-Revive, she'd stay dead.

This almost entirely relies on what Mia does and with her amount of versatility, I'm unsure as to what she'd do first. Being versatile is good but to this point? Ehh....

Also I'm loling at this.

"Curse: Mia curses the opponent, slowly causing Instant Death."

How do you slowly cause instant death?

Like mentioned above, the best explination is probably that Backstab, annihilation, and the other 'physical hit' insta-kills are just such brutal moves that they're one-shot levels of strong or target vitals. Kinda makes sense as well, since when those moves fail to get the insta-kill effect off, they still do tons of damage.

As for explaining something like Avoid? I have no explination that makes any reasonable sense. There ARE abilities that affect vision, create illusions, even turn Mia and her friends invisible, but Avoid? Energy surrounds her and then everything nearby just seems to stop caring. It does none of the things that normally make you hard to see.

But yeah, the written descriptions don't seem to do it justice, ussually the animations make it a bit clearer whats going on with these abilities.

Would Cell jump to the absorb as Perfect Cell? I can't remember him busting that out anymore after becoming 'perfect', but I say that as in it's been a looooong time since I've seen the Cell Saga. (Though, maybe he just felt he wasn't worthy of absorbing the sheer power of Mr. Satan)

If I had to take a guess, Mia normally plays the tanky support options, so she'll probably try to do things that incap Cell, weaken him, or buff herself. Power Nulification, Sleep inducement, Paralization, Insta Kills, Forcefields, Stat Manips, maybe Delusions and Poisons, those things would probably be her openers. That or Ice, lots and lots of ice, she does like to put people in big ol' ice cubes.

Pfft, okay, yeah, that's a REALLY bad explination on how Curse works, we should probably clean that up. Curse sort of 'marks' the character for death, it's a version of summoning the reaper himself, but the countdown is trade-off for it not missing when the time runs out. Condemmn's summoning of the Grim Reaper has a habit of being luck based in comparison.

"Would Cell jump to the absorb as Perfect Cell? I can't remember him busting that out anymore after becoming 'perfect', but I say that as in it's been a looooong time since I've seen the Cell Saga. (Though, maybe he just felt he wasn't worthy of absorbing the sheer power of Mr. Satan)"

Heh.

As Perfect Cell, he was in a tournament and with self-imposed rules and besides blowing up the ring because it limited how large of a battle they could do, he largely still abided by the Budokai tournament rules which included no killing up until the Cell Juniors and such came out. And once Cell hit SPC, Absorption wouldn't have worked since Gohan as a SS2 was just as strong as he was.

Ah. Curse makes a lot more sense now.

... "Slowly causing Instant Death". Heh.

Well that entirely checks out the explination then, he didn't attempt to absorb Mr. Satan because he was aware it wouldn't work, he can't absorb such power, it was hopeless...thank god that mountain got in the way, saved Cell's rear.

Joking aside, would Perfect Cell be able to go for an absorption then? His scaling chain makes it a big hard (for me at least, but I'm just stupid) to get a good idea of his true power. Plus Mia's also packing the Golden Sun fragment now, and that's a super vauge power up.

But, ontop of that, is is still in character without the tournament? At least for an opening/early move, he seemed pretty content to smack around Vegeta and Trunks but not go directly for the kill at first before even getting the idea to hold the tournament. Course he was being a showoff to humilate them some, but he seemed more into the fight than anything else.

Yeah...the GS pages would benifit from a clean up, maybe rewrite some descriptions, add a new gifs and pictures, the phrase "Slowly causing Instant Death" is one of the worst descriptions yet (And I hope whoever edited the pages doesn't see me say that)

"Joking aside, would Perfect Cell be able to go for an absorption then? His scaling chain makes it a big hard (for me at least, but I'm just stupid) to get a good idea of his true power. Plus Mia's also packing the Golden Sun fragment now, and that's a super vauge power up."

If he's fighting without restraint, he'd try to kill the enemy and if it fails and they have enough power to fight on-par with him, he'd go for the absorption as while arrogant, he has a lust for power and absorbing the enemy is just the perfect thing to do.

"But, ontop of that, is is still in character without the tournament? At least for an opening/early move, he seemed pretty content to smack around Vegeta and Trunks but not go directly for the kill at first before even getting the idea to hold the tournament. Course he was being a showoff to humilate them some, but he seemed more into the fight than anything else."

IC? For an opener, no. But after the opponent blocks one or two attacks and shows themself capable? Definitely yes. More power to add to his power pool. He isn't in honourable/fun combat here like he was with Goku, Mia for all he knows is just some random mook trying to kick him out of his new home.

I'd have to disagree for Cell going for absorption in the only form he has never been shown even attempting the tactic, and also the only form where the tail he normally uses it's pretty much just receded. Imperfect Cell did it to get to the level where he could just overpower the Androids and Semi Perfect barely tried against Vegeta (unless that's anime only and I don't remember) and never again, but literally at no point does Perfect Cell even consider giving it a shot. A tournament with self imposed rules that he really never cared for a lot after destroying the stadium and summoning a bunch of his progeny to wail on the watchers is not a very good reasoning for him not using this option.

Anyway, Instant Death only means Mia has actual ways to kill Cell he has nothing he can do about, but what really seals the deal and ***** him over is that she has sealing moves that could cut off his powers, and a bunch of status effects that boost her durability, her speed and cut Cell's power.

"I'd have to disagree for Cell going for absorption in the only form he has never been shown even attempting the tactic"

Also the only form where he purposefully restrained himself with tournament rules and once those were waived, was fighting someone that was superior to him in almost every form and way

"and also the only form where the tail he normally uses it's pretty much just receded."

??? It's tucked in, we can see the stinger still there and fully functional. When did it ever recede to the point it couldn't be used anymore? And why wouldn't it function anymore?

"Imperfect Cell did it to get to the level where he could just overpower the Androids and Semi Perfect barely tried against Vegeta (unless that's anime only and I don't remember)"

Semi-Perfect realized he was getting whooped by Vegeta and immediately went for Absorption before getting stomped again, yes. What do you mean barely tried? Vegeta completely countered Cell's attempt to absorb him and sent him crashing into the ground like a toddler.

" but literally at no point does Perfect Cell even consider giving it a shot."

because the gap between Perfect Cell and SS2 Gohan was larger than Semi-Perfect Cell and Super Vegeta? If it didn't work in the past why would it work here?

"A tournament with self imposed rules that he really never cared for a lot after destroying the stadium and summoning a bunch of his progeny to wail on the watchers is not a very good reasoning for him not using this option."

First bit occured first. Still followed the rules until he spawned a bunch of mini-mes to screw everyone over. Had no reason to use it; everyone else was weaker than he. He was stomping everyone.

"Anyway, Instant Death only means Mia has actual ways to kill Cell he has nothing he can do about"

Well there are things he can do about it. Notably take her with him.

"but what really seals the deal and ***** him over is that she has sealing moves that could cut off his powers"

Depends on the player. From the gifs I see, the game is pretty much Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy so everything is up to the Player.

"and a bunch of status effects that boost her durability, her speed and cut Cell's power."

A bunch of debuffs? yes but I don't really see the status effect boosts you're speaking of?

The first part was asking IF he can. If the reason that he couldn't absorb SS2 Gohan was because of a match of power, I was wondering if Cell's scaling chain is high enough for him to try pulling off that move now that Mia has a part of the Golden Sun.

If he's not going for it first, Mia's heavy amount of hax, status effects, and other support abilities are probably going to make for huge roadblocks then. Typical 'mage' behavoir, along with just controling Ice best, Cell's probably going to get hit with quite a number of effects like power nulls, stuns, sleep, freezing, immobilizations, and the most dreaded of all...DELUSIONS. Plus there's always the stuff like the Djinn forcefields. (Or Gale...Everyone's FAVORITE Djinn, I'm SURE that BFR would work...)

It seems like Mia's 'role' is going to have her spending a lot of time keeping Cell down and essencially using her powers to say 'No. Stop that.' before going for things like Death Manips or some of her more overwhelming and destructive attacks.

EDIT: Oh my...well, seems I missed a back and forth there before posting. My bad.

For the Status Boosts, Mia has a number of them: High Inpact and Sword Card (...Pfft, Sword Card) Boost AP, Protect and Resist boost durability, and some of the Djinn get in on the action, like Zephyr and Coal boosting speed and Granite, Flash, and Shade boosting Durability through forcefield creation. Mia's got a mix of debuffs and buffs.

I see no reason why he wouldn't attempt that against someone completely superior to him in every single way... When he did that exactly against VEGETA in his Semi Perfect form, but not against Gohan? Suspicious.

Recede as in the fact it's not in a big tail anymore, and that it's only use ever in that form is spawning the Cell Juniors.

Barely tried as in... barely tried. He somehow realizes, or rather remembers, that he can use the Solar Flare to blind everyone and get 18 but not to blind Vegeta and absorb him. But of course, you could just attribute this to Cell being an idiot or plot convenience because of ki sense.

If it didn't work in the past why against someone he thinks is that strong? Why not against the Z Fighters that couldn't stop him but still had powerful people to absorb instead of the Cell Juniors finishing them off?

You are still using the confines of a tournament Cell didn't really care about beyond passing entertainment purposes. He didn't care, he really didn't, and if he really intended on absorbing anyone or that was an option he would be so ready to use after such little time, he would but he didn't.

I don't... See what that has do to with anything? Mia is more likely to start going for those options than Cell going nuts and deciding to go for dual suicide since she'll just have to see he seems unkillable by normal bodily harm.

I really doubt that matters. Unless we just make the characters Russian roulettes that choose whatever skill because they are player controlled.

High Impact, Protect, Resist, Granite, Flash, Coal, Zephyr, Shade... Granted most are durability and speed ones, but still.

Allow me to interject for just a moment here.

It's not entirely clear that Cell would be ABLE to absorb Mia. As Perfect Cell no longer has a tail, he'd have to get close, and given that the two are "speed equalized", that wouldn't be as simple as it sounds.

As for whether he WOULD... No. Cell prefers to toy with his opponents unless he's out of options. Then, and ONLY then, has he played hardball. This is true of not only Perfect Cell, but also his Imperfect and Semi-Perfect forms. This trait of his personality is also consistent in all media, including the original and English-translated manga, the original anime, and the Z Kai anime remaster.

@SirLance

You forgot Sword Card! Everyone's favorite buffing ability! Swooooord Caaaaard!~

(I won't lie, I'd kill to see the day Job-Class Psynergy is ever relevant in a debate, such cool powers, such a lack of relevance)

Thanks for reminding me, Xit xD.

Sadly we can't say much about Mai since she's relegated to... not really having much plot importance. But she was still a teenage healer with apprentices of her own by the time she joins. Then add in the entire journey of the game as experience...

Don't thank me, like I said above, I doubt we'll ever see the day Acrobat, Beast Lord, or Necromage are ever relevant in a VS debate. They're pretty inconvient powersets with niche uses. Pulling out the playing card or the discount necronomicon are probably going to be last resorts for any GS character.

Won't lie, that's kind of the reason this isn't Isaac VS Cell, since this was supposed to be a 'make up' fight since Isaac VS Frieza was...one of my poorer ideas. But when talking about it with a friend he sudgested "Why not Mia?" just because she didn't get much plot time. Give her a chance rather than the face of the franchsie, you know?

Yeah, Mia's got better hax and Cell often toys with his opponents; but then again, Mia generally leads with Ice elemental attacks, summons and healing herself. However, when she does resort to her status effect inducement and death manipulation, she might be the one who takes this in the long run.

So Mia FRA.

Just one thing in Cell's favor... Because of his Regenerationn, he's pretty difficult to kill. The different versions of the story are inconsistent, but basically he can regenerate as long as at least some of the "core" cells in his brain, or most of his body, is still intact. Case in point: Goku nailed Perfect Cell point-blank with a Warp Kamehameha, disintegrating Cell's head, arms, and most of his wings, and yet Cell just regenerated and got back up - worn out from the long, drawn-out fight, but not dead.

What's more, when SS2 Gohan knocked Android 18 out of him, Cell, back in his Semi-Perfect Form, self-destructed, supposedly with enough force to destroy Earth in the ensuing blast... yet according to the English translation of the manga, When I self-destructed, my core was unharmed.

It's also worth noting that each time Cell ALMOST dies but regenerates in time to survive, he gets a large power boost, due to the Saiyan cells used to create him. This is why he was able to become Perfect Cell again without Android 18 in his system.

The large power boost never made much sense to me... What does Cell Consider almost dying due to his Regenerationn? What does his body consider? Obviously not getting a half obliterated as neither Vegeta nor Goku gave him any boosts.

And I mean, Mia has instant death spells, so is just a matter of time. Especially since she has a ton of endurance boosts, 2 speed boosts, metric tons of heals and a summon that constantly heals her for long periods of time. Unless Cell goes for Absorb, which I still vehemently think he won't when he preferred even doing a Trunks and pulling his big and super slow form, his best option is killing her fast at the start or blowing the planet. Even worse, she has moves that paralyze and moves that seal his powers if she gets to those. Cell's battle is against time and his own personality.

"I see no reason why he wouldn't attempt that against someone completely superior to him in every single way... When he did that exactly against VEGETA in his Semi Perfect form, but not against Gohan? Suspicious."

What? The last time he tried to absorb someone stronger, Cell got smacked into the ground as if he was a rampaging baby. Why would he attempt to do so against an opponent angrier, more serious, and waaaay more powerful than he is? Going in for an absorb is like asking to get sent flying through mountains.

"Recede as in the fact it's not in a big tail anymore, and that it's only use ever in that form is spawning the Cell Juniors."

My point was why wouldn't the Tail be able to extend anymore? Why would his Perfected form lose functionality? And even if it did recede, Cell has Piccolo's genes in him. And since his tail seems to operate like any other limb to Cell, it should still be capable of extending like Piccolo's arms.

"Barely tried as in... barely tried. He somehow realizes, or rather remembers, that he can use the Solar Flare to blind everyone and get 18 but not to blind Vegeta and absorb him. But of course, you could just attribute this to Cell being an idiot or plot convenience because of ki sense."

He used Solar Flare as a distraction to get 18. Vegeta was allowing Cell to get 18 and Trunks was both too far away to get close enough, was affected by the Solar Flare (Blinding light even if you rely on Ki Sense would still hurt your retinas), and honestly acting pretty dumb (Not opting for a Ki blast and instead for flying towards Cell which definitely takes longer. Like. BOI).

Not sure what Cell would've done if he used Solar Flare on Vegeta. He used Solar Flare as a distraction measure to ensure he got 18; plus he was at a distance from both Trunks and Vegeta. If he used Solar Flare to try and absorb Vegeta, what'd he do then? Sure he may get it in but what then? Vegeta grabs on and tears it off before blasting Cell a new one for daring to puncture his skin.

"If it didn't work in the past why against someone he thinks is that strong? Why not against the Z Fighters that couldn't stop him but still had powerful people to absorb instead of the Cell Juniors finishing them off?"

A few reasons actually. For one, he said he actually respected Goku. Absorption is for the peasants (lika Mia in this case). Two, he was essentially taunting the entire world by doing this, "Even my children are able to stomp your world's greatest fighters". Three, he was taunting the Z-Fighters. Like before, "My children are able to stomp you now even with all your training".

"You are still using the confines of a tournament Cell didn't really care about beyond passing entertainment purposes. He didn't care, he really didn't, and if he really intended on absorbing anyone or that was an option he would be so ready to use after such little time, he would but he didn't."

That's the thing: He gave enough of a crap that he stopped the battle, told Goku that the arena was confining their battle and preventing it from being the grand spectacle that it was, THEN destroyed it for more room.

It isn't if he gave a crap; it's if he gave ENOUGH of a crap. He still abided by the rules for much of the arc and when he forwent the rules he was humiliating the enemy infront of the world. Plus, again, he thought he was perfect at the time and was stomping EVERYONE. No reason to get more powerful, for all he knew he was the pinnacle already. Nobody there would be able to tank an attack like Mia would.

"I don't... See what that has do to with anything? Mia is more likely to start going for those options than Cell going nuts and deciding to go for dual suicide since she'll just have to see he seems unkillable by normal bodily harm."

You said Cell has no way of answering her hax; I responded with a way. Nothing on how likely he is to use it or whatnot. kek.

"I really doubt that matters. Unless we just make the characters Russian roulettes that choose whatever skill because they are player controlled."

Tis' why I'm asking for canon in-verse stuff, the lore stuff for her general character.

In Skyrim characters in power can range from dying to Alduin and only winning within a breath of their lives (Noobs) to 1-punching alduin in their underwear. Their decisions, gear, abilities, first moves, etc. are all dictated by the Player. However we have in-lore version of Dovahkiin that shows what he does normally; lots of shouts.

"As for whether he WOULD... No. Cell prefers to toy with his opponents unless he's out of options."

?????

Cell was toying with people he was stomping into the ground. The moment a person came up that was stronger than he was, losing an Android almost immediately before he can regret his decisions, he tried to suicide bomb him as it was the only way to take said person out. If he sent a Ki Blast at an enemy and they tanked it no worse than wear, he won't toy around. At all. He toyed with people he stomped. He did not toy with SS2 Gohan (Not that he had the chance).

"Then, and ONLY then, has he played hardball. This is true of not only Perfect Cell, but also his Imperfect and Semi-Perfect forms."

Again, ?????

The only time he was unable to toy with his enemies was when they were stomping HIM into the ground. At every point prior, he was superior to absolutely everyone with no difficulty. He had no reason to suspect Vegeta got stronger and conveniently, the moment he couldn't stomp Vegeta, was the moment he got serious.

Cell's Regenerationn was one of the first things we talked about, actually. The Zenkai boosts too. But between having a number of overwhelming attacks that probably should vaporize him, plus the death manips and soul manips and, CAN she get the kill kinda stopped being the question, it's more WILL she get it.

Zenkai could still be a problem, but being a support character, Mia's probably buffing and debuffing, shielding, statusing, speeding up, all those sorts of things that she might be staying ahead of that too.

Cell did toy with Goku AND Gohan in the tournament setting until Gohan went SS2. This was even true when he realized, and said aloud,

"Perhaps what Son Goku said [about Gohan being far more powerful than anyone else there] wasn't just a bluff after all!" (Source: English translation of the manga)

Even when he realized just how powerful Gohan was, he tried to brute-force his way to victory. In the manga, Future Trunks even noted that Cell made the same mistake it had previously mocked Trunks for, transforming to maximize power at the expense of speed.

Loneliness Gundam said:
Cell did toy with Goku AND Gohan in the tournament setting until Gohan went SS2. This was even true when he realized, and said aloud,
"Perhaps what Son Goku said [about Gohan being far more powerful than anyone else there] wasn't just a bluff after all!" (Source: English translation of the manga)
... Yeah. Cell was toying with them the entire time as he was superior to them all. No need to absorb anyone, you're the pinnacle of power here. No need to even take anyone too seriously. And when Gohan went SS2, he got serious since he found someone that was finally equal/superior to him in AP.

"Even when he realized just how powerful Gohan was, he tried to brute-force his way to victory. In the manga, Future Trunks even noted that Cell made the same mistake it had previously mocked Trunks for, transforming to maximize power at the expense of speed."

Okay? And? Gohan was stomping him either way; power up or no power up. You can get utterly stomped with no way of winning or buffing yourself up so on the minimal chance you do hit, you can actually do some damage.

The 2nd option is better than the alternative.

Also edit your post together, this site doesn't like double posting.

This argument feels like it's getting derailed, lets try to get some focus back.

You meantioned Absorption wouldn't work on SS2 Gohan since he was either equal or stronger than Super Perfect Cell. With that in mind, would Absorption still even work on Mia, since they're not only matched for tier, but Perfet Cell's scaling chain is a bit unclear and Mia has a fragment of the Golden Sun as a power up. Because if the same reason means he can't absorb her, or can't do it without a power boost to match her, this whole argument about IF and WHEN he would isn't relevant, and we can let it go.

And from there, the discussion can go back to HOW cocky Cell is, the amount of time given to Mia before Cell really buckles down and goes for the kill (if he can, of course), and how that compares to Mia's normal playstyle, and if Mia's abilities can go for either overwhelming attacks, death/soul manips, incapacitation status, ect.

... Yeah. Cell was toying with them the entire time as he was superior to them all. No need to absorb anyone, you're the pinnacle of power here. No need to even take anyone too seriously. And when Gohan went SS2, he got serious since he found someone that was finally equal/superior to him in AP.

"Even when he realized just how powerful Gohan was, he tried to brute-force his way to victory. In the manga, Future Trunks even noted that Cell made the same mistake it had previously mocked Trunks for, transforming to maximize power at the expense of speed."

Okay? And? Gohan was stomping him either way; power up or no power up. You can get utterly stomped with no way of winning or buffing yourself up so on the minimal chance you do hit, you can actually do some damage.

The 2nd option is better than the alternative.

Also edit your post together, this site doesn't like double posting.

Cell made that comment BEFORE Gohan went SS2. In fact, he said it as soon as Gohan geared up for battling Cell in Super Saiyan ONE form.

The point is, Cell is so damn cocky that he screws himself over in terms of efficiency and strategy. He's not exactly BAD at strategy, he's just so overconfident that more often than not it's gone poorly for him, and it finally came back to bite him in the ass by being the direct reason for his in-canon demise. Plus, if he couldn't absorb Gohan, then how can he absorb Mia? Your stated reason was that Gohan was at least as powerful as Cell, presumably even before going SS2. If that was the reason, then why should he be able to absorb Mia, who is on the same power level as Perfect Cell?

"The point is, Cell is so damn cocky that he screws himself over in terms of efficiency and strategy."

When did he screw himself? As you noted, he said Goku might've been right about Gohan. But that's literally him being respectful; Goku was indeed right when everyone else said Goku was crazy. Why wouldn't he be cocky? He was able to stomp everyone into the ground no difficulty. And strategy? Why would he need one at that point? Again, He was stomping everyone into the ground.

"He's not exactly BAD at strategy, he's just so overconfident that more often than not it's gone poorly for him"

He already knows how powerful the Z-Fighters are and was more than happy to throw Goku a bone. He was overconfident because he could afford to be.

"and it finally came back to bite him in the ass by being the direct reason for his in-canon demise."

He could not have anticipated there was a form beyond SS1. For all he knew and everyone else, SS1 was the strongest there was; the legendary form all Saiyans strived to achieve. This is not a failure of his overconfidence or failure of strategy, it's an event that couldn't have been anticipated and one that Cell had no reason to anticipate in the first place. Gohan was just as powerful as Goku or weaker so why would he randomly suspect that this child far surpasses his father?

"Plus, if he couldn't absorb Gohan, then how can he absorb Mia?"

Because Gohan would've blitzed Cell if he tried to do so? That every bone in Cell's body would be shattered if he tried to do so? Gohan was 1-shotting the Cell Juniors who were stronger than both Super Vegeta and Mastered SS Goku and Perfect Cell was described as "only" stronger than Goku.

"Your stated reason was that Gohan was at least as powerful as Cell, presumably even before going SS2."

Nope, SS2. Cell was stronger than everyone prior to Gohan going SS2. He was in fact, stomping everyone prior to Gohan going SS2. Gohan as a regular Super Saiyan was never as powerful as Perfect Cell.

"If that was the reason, then why should he be able to absorb Mia, who is on the same power level as Perfect Cell?"

Perfect Cell is likely stronger than Mia. She can summon Iris who can turn into a Bright Star and might be stronger than her. Cell has a massive upscaling chain from High 5-A throughout 4-C and well into High 4-C, or we can downscale him from his SPC form from 4-B which would be an AP stomp in favour of Cell.

Also High 4-C Dragon Ball might not be a thing soon so this thread may become moot quickly.

I feel like my attempts to wrangle this are being ignored...

Okay, finally got to talk about the absorbtion thing. Though, a few touches there, Mia's Large Star feat comes from Iris, yes, but considering the scaling around the Golden Sun endgame, it's unlikely that Mia is weaker than Iris herself. The Doom Dragon can tank Iris like a champ and dish the same kind of punishment right back out, and the Dullahan is either comparable or actually superior to the Doom Dragon, and is even the gaurdian of Iris in the first place. Both of these major bosses are High 4-C because of this, and were fighting on this level with the gang. Group effort, sure, but Mia was participating in fights that went beyond Iris' power.

And after that, she recieved a part of the Golden Sun. Considering all the hoopla about the Golden Sun giving 'all the power in the universe', that's probably not an inconsequential power boost.

Now I can't make heads or tails of where the DragonBall scaling chain should be leading up to SPC's Solar System Busting, I've tried, and I can't quite figure out where that leaves characters during the Cell Saga. So I can't comment on what the actual AP differance is, or even if it should be upscaled or downscaled in Cell's case. But I can say pretty confidently that Mia, by the end of the adventure and with her power boost from the Golden Sun, should be beyod Iris making and blowing up her own star.

But, with all this in mind and just assuming Cell has the AP advantage, possibly even in stomp range, that does add to the debate here: with speed equalized, if Mia's more defensive play style would help keep her alive and fighting via incaps, shields, power nulls, healing, status, the like? Because, even considering this debate on Cell's stratagies and personality, it seems unanimous that the absorption win isn't his opening move and would take, even in best case for him, a few exchanges before he resorted to it. So, the opening between Cell's attacks (be it all-out or toying with her) and Mia's more defensive stratagies are probably the most importaint for deciding this.

Also, if the thread gets necroed, it gets necroed. I couldn't find any discussion about what you're refering to with tier changes, but if they happen...oh well. While the characters are as they are, I would like to see this be debated. (Mostly to salvage my disapointment that Isaac VS Frieza didn't work out.)

Pretty sure there are characters in Golden Sun with basically all of Cell's abilities, and so Mia would be able to nullify everything Cell has that's useful using the Psynergy Seal and just like kill his soul or something.

The cast isn't really weaker than Iris as the Golden Sun is the most powerful thing in the verse. That being said, they are around 1 Foe for AP and durability and I might calc Iris' speed to scale to the cast. The Party uses only a fraction of their power to summon Iris and fuel her with the energy to create a star that's initially going supernova.

@Lancelot, Niarobi, Akreious, Gundam

I haven't wanted to assume, but are these votes in the favor for the person you're arguing for?

I really don't know enough about Mia to cast a vote, but if the ability difference is this major, I daresay that Cell would have a lot of trouble at best.

Cell's best hope, again, is to absorb or kill her really fast. A ton of support spells that bump up her durability, some for speed, some for power, instant kill spells and many kinds of self healing and one for constant healing?

She would need to be an idiot, keep attacking with her normal spells and seemingly not notice he can easily regenerate from nearly anything to assume she doesn't start abusing those soon enough. Not to mention the 4 kms of range they start at, which gives her time.

" notice he can easily regenerate from nearly anything "

To be fair, Goku was fighting Cell for a long time and didn't know he could regenerate until he blew the upper half of his body away with a point blank Kamehameha.

To be fair, its a bit ridiculous nobody told him and they rarely deal that kind of damage to each other due to how they fight, unless is deliberate (Vegeta having too much fun with Number 20.)

I mean, I'm saying Mia would be in the same boat as Goku. Unless she does that amount of damage to Cell, she wouldn't know how great his regen is.

Back