• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How did Cloud get hurt by a bullet?

I just saw Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children today, and I really wanted to know something. Cloud has a Solar System level durablity and can tank a Supernova that can destroy a Solar System, correct? So how the hell did a frigging bullet from Yazoo wounded him???

Because Yazoo is a remnant of Sephiroth and wields weapons of somewhat comparable power?

@Weekly

So your telling my that me dropping guys comparable to Braccus Rex into lava shouldn't instakill them?

Dang. Gotta gotta go back and re-do my playthrough.

Instead I will stack items inside of a box and drop it on them

The bullets are powerful enough to not only bring a falling Cloud plus his likely half-ton of sword to a stop- but to actively reverse his momentum to throw him backwards hundreds of feet. Even Vincent's gun in basically his first combat scene goes straight through a helicopter.

Bullets in FF7 are no joke.

That said, the short answer is people refuse to acknowledge anything that counters "Muh supernova!" even though literally every cinematic we've ever seen an FF7 character in has shown their limits are not anywhere near that. Same with the "Bahamut FTL!" argument.

Or if you'd like a more meta answer, characters do tend to be "durable" two different ways, blunt damage and piercing. Your typical action hero is an example of the former: explosions, being hit by a car, thrown off a building, punched, etc. These are all blunt attacks that don't compromise the skin and so they're easily done with no consequence.

Meanwhile, show a character cold-stop a blade or bullet? The audience can't identify with them anymore, or at least not as well, it crosses a line where the character is no longer remotely thought of as being human.

Assaltwaffle said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Bullets, long falls, and water/lava are the biggest sources of pis in games
Also swords.
It seems like swords are always the bane of everyone.

Legit I can barely think of a time where a character tanks a sword strike from a comparable opponent. It's always effective.

Legit It's not even PIS.

Yahoo is literally comparable to Sephiroth in the lifestream and Cloud was weak.

I suppose in most RPGs guns and bullets work the same as blades, channeling the user's potency. Call it Materia, Ki, Aura, Nen, Magic, Haki, Reiatsu... Besides, Cloud was heavily fatigued and injured, and was "caught off guard".

Back