• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How can I calculate this?

http://i1.**********.com/to-love-ru/14/to-love-ru-1864323.jpg (Yes, To Love-Ru)

Basically this is the result of a "Sonic Scream" which (also) diverted a typhoon away from Japan

I tried to scale the explosion by the diameter of the Earth, but not if it is the correct way

And I was wondering if someone could explain me how to do it, please.

I mean, I scaled the "air blast radius" through the diameter of Earth, and only the base (ignoring all the pillar / cylinder above) gave a result of 12270000 Megatons (which in our scale is Country Level)

Lala's Sonic Scream Scaling

you could probably use gravitational potential energy

E = GMm ((1-r2) - (1-r1))

if u know the mass of the material raised then again, it is continuous, so you might wanna use it in chunks or even integrate it over the distance

While I have some knowledge of the calculations, it is the first time I see this formula, could you explain me what is each letter (I guess the G = Gravity and M = Mass) and as applied to calculate the "sonic explosion/scream" ?

I say this because perhaps you misunderstood the feat, she diverted away the typhoon from Japan, but not sent it into space (Or at least it is implied that the typhoon wasn't launched into outer space, was only launched away from Japan...)

Ok, now I question definitively if she sent it into space or not...

Alpha149 said:
While I have some knowledge of the calculations, it is the first time I see this formula, could you explain me what is each letter (I guess the G = Gravity and M = Mass) and as applied to calculate the "sonic explosion/scream" ?
I say this because perhaps you misunderstood the feat, she diverted away the typhoon from Japan, but not sent it into space (Or at least it is implied that the typhoon wasn't launched into outer space, was only launched away from Japan...)

oh i see

well, i cudnt find mass of typhoon, but i found the mass of a hurricane, maybe you could use this, and scale how far away it was sent in some net time, then use kinetic energy to find the value

The Living Tribunal1 said:
Alpha149 said:

oh i see
well, i cudnt find mass of typhoon, but i found the mass of a hurricane, maybe you could use this, and scale how far away it was sent in some net time, then use kinetic energy to find the value
If you mean "E = m*g*h" gave me 1468050328283811253498,44 J (that's Large Island Level+)

Alpha149 said:
The Living Tribunal1 said:
Alpha149 said:

oh i see
If you mean "E = m*g*h" gave me 1468050328283811253498,44 J (that's Large Island Level+)
nah, i mean like how far away does she push it? and how much time has elapsed in that event, using this, we can find velocity

and using E = 0.5M(V^2), we can find kinetic energy, if it was oushed back, then again, it was coming to japan, so adding to our first result, the incoming kinetic energy of the storm will give total energy

Announceme the arrival of Typhoon: http://www.**********.com/to-love-ru/14/5

Announcement of the departure: http://www.**********.com/to-love-ru/14/17

(All of the medium are attempts to push it away)

for that, you can scale the distance from the x to the point where one of the cicles first touch japan (assuming the feat hapened at the tip of japan). then u need the time, what is the time between this and the feat? after getting these things, divde the distance by the time- that gives initial kinetic energy

so total energy = energy needed to counter the kinetic energy + final kinetic energy of the typhoon outwards

oh also, btw i got mass ogf hurricane as 4.9*10^10 kg, u cud use the same for a typhoon i think

Thank you for the help with the calculation (my results were: Low End = 2,887*10^15 J; High = 7,642*10^20 J ) and I'm also doing other calculations to start creating profiles for the characters in this series

Speaking of that, it is reasonable to get two very different results? (For the typhoon only I used a speed of 49.5 km/h, when she moved it I use two speeds (the speed of sound for low end (sonic scream) and a timeframe of 5 seconds (the typhoon was moved in a short timeframe))

Alpha149 said:
Speaking of that, it is reasonable to get two very different results? (For the typhoon only I used a speed of 49.5 km/h, when she moved it I use two speeds (the speed of sound for low end (sonic scream) and a timeframe of 5 seconds (the typhoon was moved in a short timeframe))
well, for total energy

total energy = energy needed to counter initial kinetic energy + final kinetic energy, so, using your given speeds (low end i assume), i get approximately what you got for your low end

now keep in mind, that you will have to decide whether high end of more reasonable than low end or the other way around

Considering that her attack matched an attack that would destroy her town/city (varies with translations) I'll say that the low end is more reasonable

Back