• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Horror Street Main Hub

Howdy! I have no idea where this will go, but I thought it'd fun to try it out.

Welcome to Horror Street, a collaborative fanfiction meets versus thread thingy.

What is Horror Street?
Horror Street is a very simple premise. I've always liked when versus threads have a little story to go along with them, usually explaining how and why these characters are fighting each other. This is going a step beyond that. All the versus threads that make up Horror Street exist within the same plotline, sharing a universe. The idea is that all of these horror characters find themselves in a strange crossover setting, choosing to either work together to get to the bottom of things or instead just murdering everything in their path. This will be a continuous story that features new and returning characters as the plot goes on.

This was inspired by PepperSalt's Spammed Character Saga, perhaps the first ever take on the idea!

Do note that the stories and the versus battles aren't exactly 1 to 1. For example, I don't think I could justify Springtrap knowing who Laurie Strode was due to fighting her in a previous battle, and using this information against Michael Myers later. The fights will all happen within the story, but the actual threads still need to follow proper versus thread rules in order to be added to profiles.

What are the guidelines?
Since this is (intended to be) a collaborative project, I want the rules to be somewhat lax. Anyone can make a thread/story that is "canon" to Horror Street as long as you talk about it in this thread and hopefully get some feedback from me or other members. I will probably be steering a "main" plotline, but others are free to add in what they see fit. Think big, think small, do whatever, just bring it up here first. As for some very rough guidelines on what qualifies to be apart of Horror Street;
  • Characters should be from the horror genre (Sidney Prescott, Vecna, James Sunderland, Etc.) or at the very least horror-adjacent (John Constantine, Guts, Endogeny, Etc.)
  • Street level characters are preferred due to the large amount of horror characters within the tier, but others are welcome
  • Nothing above Tier 8... for now
Lore?
Something wicked stirs within the multiverse. In the blink of an eye, dozens of individuals appear in a bizarre ghost town with no clear signs on what they need to do. Some choose to put on their detective hat and investigate, some cower in abandoned buildings, and some stalk the streets in search of prey. The town itself is full of everything a small town needs, from a mall to a pizzeria. Some locations from the multiverse pop up here and there, such as Fazbear's Frights or the Racoon City Police Station.

The Cast

The Story So Far...

Last edited:
Is there a max amount of characters we can suggest?
Not really! If you feel you can write them, do as many as you wanna. If you're suggesting characters for me personally to use, it depends on how familiar I am with them, as I don't want to write characters I have no knowledge of lol

Not really! If you feel you can write them, do as many as you wanna. If you're suggesting characters for me personally to use, it depends on how familiar I am with them, as I don't want to write characters I have no knowledge of lol

gotta get our icon in here.

Pumpkin Rabbit is just our lovely horrific serial killer yellow rabbit. wait a second

little note, Pumpkin Rabbit is in the middle of becoming 9-C, so that 9-B rating is going bye bye

Last edited:

Malak is an interesting case of where he rarely interacts with the human world unless summoned or Bierce is up to some shit again.

So he's... challenging to write about.

And also 8-C has like 2 verses in it lol

Malak is an interesting case of where he rarely interacts with the human world unless summoned or Bierce is up to some shit again.
Actually I can see this working with how the gameplay loop of Dark Deception works (Lots of travelling to different worlds and fleeing from monsters) and assuming we're dealing with multiverse (Or even possibly hell) shenanigans, we can have a central hub of where these tales are happening (Way better than vague place in the middle of multiverse)

I'm more worried about the lore additions that might come due to the game's incomplete state. Who knows, maybe we'll get a plot twist or maybe they'll get a cosmology or something

Actually I can see this working with how the gameplay loop of Dark Deception works (Lots of travelling to different worlds and fleeing from monsters) and assuming we're dealing with multiverse (Or even possibly hell) shenanigans, we can have a central hub of where these tales are happening (Way better than vague place in the middle of multiverse)

I'm more worried about the lore additions that might come due to the game's incomplete state. Who knows, maybe we'll get a plot twist or maybe they'll get a cosmology or something
Yeah that was my problem too, especially since Malak has already established that in Dark Deception there is no such thing as heaven or hell, only a realm of darkness where there's literally a war to be the greatest and strongest evil and Malak is near the top

Yeah that was my problem too, especially since Malak has already established that in Dark Deception there is no such thing as heaven or hell, only a realm of darkness where there's literally a war to be the greatest and strongest evil and Malak is near the top
OK ignoring my previous statement about hell, this just makes it even better. A war to be the greatest and strongest evil involving some of the most iconic figures of horror in a VS Battle Forum fic is pretty damn cool

OK ignoring my previous statement about hell, this just makes it even better. A war to be the greatest and strongest evil involving some of the most iconic figures of horror in a VS Battle Forum fic is pretty damn cool
****, I guess Malak(or some other DD character) has to be in then lmfap

Bierce is a possibility, unfortunately her circumstances eliminate any and all interesting setting choices

Doug can be in most places tho

All these guys look neat :O

Do they all have to be conventional versus threads? Cause I want to do a match with this guy and the thread would be playing buckshot roulette instead of a normal fight.
He works yeye! What Peppersalt said basically

Well then

Made this
Eyyy nice, I'll toss in a vote in a lil bit

He works yeye! What Peppersalt said basically
Nice.

As for how he'd fit narratively, there are plenty of 9-C, generic human horror movie protagonists, so any of them could chance upon the Dealer's club and be offered to play buckshot roulette with him in exchange for something (Probably not money in this case, more likely something like information about the events that led to both characters' appearance in the mysterious town) if they win

You could also justify either character returning from a narrative standpoint regardless of who actually wins the thread, since if the other character wins, the Dealer is implied to not actually need the life support systems to come back, and if the Dealer wins then you could say that the other character just hadn't made it to round 3 and thus the Dealer left a charge for them so they wouldn't die

Alright, I made another one to show the aftermath of Malak's takeover of the mansion. This one's for you, @Comiphorous

Aight i will spitball some ideas:

Both Amanda and The Howler/Bacteria should be capped to 9-C (Amanda has an beast key which there is an 9-C).

Saw Ripley suggested and decided to try my luck with a Bierce Match

Saw Ripley suggested and decided to try my luck with a Bierce Match
Honestly I danced with so many matches for either Doug or Bierce and most of them ended up being in the wrong tiers or an obvious stomp-- usually the latter in Bierce's case

I think I may invoke that "horror-adjacent" rule and include Kris and Noelle from the Snowgrave Route, which is essentially psychological horror route in an otherwise non-horror game

They can probably fight the 8-Cs like Malak. The difference in base AP is 6.666x, they're working as a duo and can increase their stats, and Noelle has an 8-C move that's also freezehax (if that's even a thing???)

If not then they can fight the Alien and RE characters lol

I think I may invoke that "horror-adjacent" rule and include Kris and Noelle from the Snowgrave Route, which is essentially psychological horror route in an otherwise non-horror game

They can probably fight the 8-Cs like Malak. The difference in base AP is 6.666x, they're working as a duo and can increase their stats, and Noelle has an 8-C move that's also freezehax (if that's even a thing???)

If not then they can fight the Alien and RE characters lol

"You don't know what real fear is until you have a thousand of these suckers barrelin' down on you!"

Made another one, this one a little bit more self-serving so apologies in advance

Alright @ShockingPsychic, this one's for you. I hope I did a good job with the characterization

And just like that, I've made another one. This is significantly more grounded than the others so if that's your thing (Which seems to be that way for a lot of people), enjoy~

You may!!

I wanna throw em at Malak too lol. Maybe later

EDIT: Actually 1000 seems like a LOT given each one has a higher AP than Kris or Noelle lol

Maybe like. 10???
Noelle throws up her arms and freezes all of them at once then lol

The reason we're talking 1000 is because that yes, Noelle will freeze a fair bit of them once they get in range. Sure, Abathur will proceed to apply the freezing resistance that edges on Apsolute Zero to the Zerglings by that point, but yeah.

Also even 100 from The Zerg is dogshit numbers lol

In-game we've only seen Snowgrave work on up to two enemies at once, but that could just be game mechanics? Even still, the attack doesn't have a whole lot of AoE, it's just a pillar of ice energy. They don't seem to be all that small either, so I don't see her freezing more than a few at a time, and Snowgrave takes a while to charge up

In-game we've only seen Snowgrave work on up to two enemies at once, but that could just be game mechanics? Even still, the attack doesn't have a whole lot of AoE, it's just a pillar of ice energy. They don't seem to be all that small either, so I don't see her freezing more than a few at a time, and Snowgrave takes a while to charge up
Still enough for the idiots of zerglings to lose at least a hundred from it

I would start them at a fair distance away

BTW each zergling is about the size of a medium-sized dog

Back