• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Horror Street) Betelgeuse Vs Winifred Sanderson

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Amidst all the chaos about, a more lighthearted yet sinister presence emerges.

Straightening his tie, looking like he just got back from the world's most boring theater screening, a disgusting-looking man in striped black and white clothes struts down the street. Oddly quiet, even for a suburb full of idiots like this one. Slightly unmetered but hey, it'd beat the Netherworld any day.

"Well, lesse here, uh... First order of business, find a house to haunt, should be easy enough -- Oh! Well, uh, heh-heh-heh... Don't mind if I do..."

His eye catches a
bleak-looking mansion of which hasn't looked lived in for years. Should be a nice place to settle down, scam a couple people, get a little lucky with some... ladies...

Speaking of which... another presence enters the scene, an explosion going off near a carriage as a black flame from a candle summons forth an evil from ages past. Not unlike himself. Seeing this, the bio-exorcist jumps and reels back, running his hands in circles -- with his head following suit. Finally, he clasps his hands upon his cheeks to stop them from spinning. And he jerks his head angrily towards the source of the combustion.

"HEY! WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA HERE!? C'MON! FINDERS KEEPERS, LOSER!"

Suddenly, his tone shifts as a broomstick hovers down elegantly from the sky. A ginger woman with unusual teeth meeting his gaze with a teasing and sly grin.

"O-Oh! Well, uh, pardon me, actually, ma'am. I, uh... I thought you were the cable guy." He snorts, almost like a pig.

"Noooo apologies necessar-ay! I was just marking my territory, so to speak; looking for a nice place for me and my sistaaahs to spend eternity."

A twirl of her finger as she sways almost like a ballroom dancer down to the central path of the mansion. She spins around in a circle with wicked glee and narrows her eyes as she notices the cobwebs, the evil energy practically radiating off of the place like a bad stench. Oh, it's just absolutely horrid, wretched, and downright nasty. Winifred adores it. Rubbing her hands together, she proceeds to walk towards it, only to be comically intercepted by the clownish man, pushing onto her chest -- maybe a little too closely -- prompting her to swat away with disgust.

"Oh-wait-wait-wait, ahh-uhh... Well, actually, I was just about the claim this house, you know for business and all. You understand, don'tcha? Unless of course, we could uh... arrange for a lodging type-a deal. Maybe... we could... even share a bed...."

Getting uncomfortably close once again, nearly going in for a kiss. Another swat and a slap towards the nose of the snake in cheap clothing, causing him to growl out in pain. Winifred's patience has grown far too thin. Well, as long as he's here, he might as well make himself useful. She could use whatever spectral energy he has to fuel her fire so to speak.

"Actually... I think I have an arrangement for you, my dear boy... Six feet under, that is...."

A horrible frown slides upon the man's face as he murmurs angrily and pats the dust off his suit. Shaking off his limbs to get ready for a brawl.

"Alrighty then. So that's how it's gonna be... In that case..."

Thunder crackles.

"It's showtime."

d5h3ois-0b34b6c7-97d3-4477-9385-6a5f15c0dc85.jpg
winifred_sanderson_by_mikethemike_d82t3na-fullview.jpg

Speed Equalized
Beetlejuice is in his Freed key
Battle takes place in the Haunted Mansion courtyard
Win by Death or Incap

Battle Music:

The Ghost with the Most:
She'll Put a Spell on You:
Incon: Flashlight237 (1)

Last edited:
Wasn't Winifred the one who kicked the lever of a gallows and offed herself? Not sure if I'd call her immortal after that.

The way I see it, Betelgeuse I would imagine it's a quick-draw deal at first. But then again, according to the Standard Tactics, Betelgeuse only needs a single gesture, if even so much as a movement, to activate his hax. While one can argue that Winifred can poof Betelgeuse away with the snap of her finger, Winifred has no means to get rid of Betelgeuse's hax, which she needs to do in order to even handle Betelgeuse. Even if Betelgeuse's Power Null is specific only to exorcisms, Betelgeuse can still just whisk Winifred away. And if nothing else, Betelgeuse can just outlive Winifred since Winifred's time is limited by the Black Candle, which only resurrects her on Halloween night (at least according to what her profile and the Disney wiki says; nobody tried it on any other time from what I can tell), and she only has that long before she just... Dies... Betelgeuse isn't held back by Winifred's limitations.

I wouldn't know if the whole sacred grounds thing would apply to the graveyard Betelgeuse starts at because, well, it's a model graveyard and not a real one, but still. Did I mention that Betelgeuse has an AP advantage over Winifred just through the common feats they both scale from?

So yeah, I think Betelgeuse wins and it might even be a stomp in Betelgeuse's favor.

Side note, why hasn't anyone given Death Battle the idea of pitting Betelgeuse against The Mask?

Wasn't Winifred the one who kicked the lever of a gallows and offed herself? Not sure if I'd call her immortal after that.

The way I see it, Betelgeuse I would imagine it's a quick-draw deal at first. But then again, according to the Standard Tactics, Betelgeuse only needs a single gesture, if even so much as a movement, to activate his hax. While one can argue that Winifred can poof Betelgeuse away with the snap of her finger, Winifred has no means to get rid of Betelgeuse's hax, which she needs to do in order to even handle Betelgeuse. Even if Betelgeuse's Power Null is specific only to exorcisms, Betelgeuse can still just whisk Winifred away. And if nothing else, Betelgeuse can just outlive Winifred since Winifred's time is limited by the Black Candle, which only resurrects her on Halloween night (at least according to what her profile and the Disney wiki says; nobody tried it on any other time from what I can tell), and she only has that long before she just... Dies... Betelgeuse isn't held back by Winifred's limitations.

I wouldn't know if the whole sacred grounds thing would apply to the graveyard Betelgeuse starts at because, well, it's a model graveyard and not a real one, but still. Did I mention that Betelgeuse has an AP advantage over Winifred just through the common feats they both scale from?

So yeah, I think Betelgeuse wins and it might even be a stomp in Betelgeuse's favor.

Side note, why hasn't anyone given Death Battle the idea of pitting Betelgeuse against The Mask?
That's true, although Winifred does have the Ah say ento pi alpha mabi upendi chant which pretty much instantly mindhaxed a crowd in Hocus Pocus 2. It should take less time than saying "Betelgeuse", which would give him less time to realize what's going on, and two less time to think to activate his zipper and mouth hax. Not completely a stomp I think but Betelgeuse has more advantages for sure.

That's true, although Winifred does have the Ah say ento pi alpha mabi upendi chant which pretty much instantly mindhaxed a crowd in Hocus Pocus 2. It should take less time than saying "Betelgeuse", which would give him less time to realize what's going on, and two less time to think to activate his zipper and mouth hax. Not completely a stomp I think but Betelgeuse has more advantages for sure.
Erm, the operating word here is "chant," which last time I checked are spells that need to be spoken in order to work.

Erm, the operating word here is "chant," which last time I checked are spells that need to be spoken in order to work.
I think by that point as well, when she started singing, the crowd was already leaning into her hypnosis. You could also argue it started when she made a gesture towards one of the band members as well.

You could also argue it started when she made a gesture towards one of the band members as well.
Let's say at worst it's this. That practically would at best make her even with Betelgeuse in regards to the timing of her hax. Should note that Betelgeuse tends to go for his hax right off the bat according to his Standard Tactics section.

Let's say at worst it's this. That practically would at best make her even with Betelgeuse in regards to the timing of her hax. Should note that Betelgeuse tends to go for his hax right off the bat according to his Standard Tactics section.
She usually does too. BJ and Winnie both use physicals to toy with people and hax with a more strategic mindset. It'd essentially be a quickdraw, but more often than not, Betelgeuse would have the better options.

She usually does too. BJ and Winnie both use physicals to toy with people and hax with a more strategic mindset. It'd essentially be a quickdraw, but more often than not, Betelgeuse would have the better options.
Good point. Changing my vote to Inconclusive then.

Back