• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hope vs. Leon

Soulhax via magic won't work due to Leon being from DND, so that's not going to come in to play

AP should be around the same since the 9-A feat from Marty was just his physicality, which isn't particularly high and gets easily outclassed by Hope's magical ability.

So, generally on a pretty even playing field, huh? I unfortunately don't know too much about Leon so I dunno if I can make the most educated vote ever.

So I'll say this, Leon will usually lead with turning into a werewolf which makes it that normal bullets doing reduced damage, so Hope will have to imbue her attacks with magic if she wants to do decent damage. Which can be a problem as it requires mana.

Leon has decent reach with his whip, but more often than not he'll use his claws.

If Hope tries to set at a distance and snipe, then Leon can do the same with his revovler.

He'll be able to close the gap if she stays away from him with Blood Curse of Binding, or he can do serious DPS with Blood Cursed of The Marked. He'll have to choose one or the other tho.

Leon turns back into a human after 10 minutes so if Hope can last until then she might be able to do serious damage to him before he can transform again.

Edit: Basically... Hope can out last Leon is she plays her cards right because her mana comes back, while Leon can only use his things a limited amount of time. Hope can also heal as long as she has mana while Leon only has like... 1 health potion that can bring him back from death's door but not by much.

How good is he with his pistol? Is he like super skilled with it? Because Hope isn't a slouch that's for sure, and she can probably redirect his bullets if they happen to head her way, which would be useful.

How does his blood curses work? Is it an incantation or..? Also does that get noped due to resistance to body control or...? Because if that's the case then those are held moot.

Hope outlasting doesn't seem too unlikely as she'd definitely try to keep the gap as open as possible. She can also end up trickshotting him and taking him by surprise with shots that look like they're gonna miss but aren't.

Blood Curses work on effective the blood... but it's on a magical scale. Magic in D&D are kinda... reality warping and work on stuff that doesn't even have physical forms or really exsists.

Leon is about as good as he is with the gun as he is with his claws and whip. Which is to say, pretty good.

Hope is probably gonna keep the distance pretty well, but the moment he's sick of it, he'll use his blood curse of binding to close the gap and then use his whip to make sure even when she moves from then on he'll be able to reach her.

I feel like this sort of argument is more like semantics. Blood is part of the body and Ether scarred can resist those trying to control their body via magical means from what I remember so...it's odd? It's certainly confusing.

Alrigjt, well, it wouldn't take long to mess up Leon's bullets, however. If he tries firing she can likely make it turn back to him and hit him. If he tries to dodge any shot she can also correct her bullet to hit him. Dodging would be difficult.

Also couldn't she try and blind him with light to make it difficult for him to fire or see in general?

If it's reliant on messing with blood, Mana could just be used to null the effects. Not the magic itself, but the action of the magic.

DMUA said:
If it's reliant on messing with blood, Mana could just be used to null the effects. Not the magic itself, but the action of the magic.
Ok then, if that's what you say it's more like if you have blood you are susceptible some curses don't even mess with blood it just needs it present. She is still vulnerable to Blood Curse of the Marked.

"Alrigjt, well, it wouldn't take long to mess up Leon's bullets, however. If he tries firing she can likely make it turn back to him and hit him. If he tries to dodge any shot she can also correct her bullet to hit him. Dodging would be difficult. "

Sure that can be useful. But his enhanced senses might give him the edge here, after the first few time he's probably gonna rely on his whip. What is she going to do when her gun is hit with something akin to a subsistence that basically made of wolverine claws?

"Also couldn't she try and blind him with light to make it difficult for him to fire or see in general?"

Oh yes she can, but Leon's enhanced senses were so great the he could hear the gentle wind push grass blades from tens of meters away and could smell someone as they ran in smoke. He nailed that person in the back. This was all in his human form as well.

Even so, things like paralysis or the like can be ignored via just manipulating themselves to move anyways, so no matter how roundabout it goes, it should still work.

DMUA said:
Even so, things like paralysis or the like can be ignored via just manipulating themselves to move anyways, so no matter how roundabout it goes, it should still work.
Sure, but do you agree that Blood Curse of the Marked should still work?

Probably, but it would have a hard time what with Regen

.... Which I've still got to upgrade since TKOd magic users passively have their Mana go into their bodies to heal themselves, which should work assuming they aren't like, blown to pieces or worse

But yeah

I dunno. Depends on how durable Wolverine claws are or how much it can cut though. It's arguable wether or not it could effect her gun too much...or that she'd let it be hit in the first place.

I feel like the battle isn't going to last long enough for him to use his whip in the first place but that's sort of iffy anyways so I dunno if it matters. If push comes to shove she can shoot to disarm him or just shoot his hands to really make him hurt and have a difficult time using his hands.

Uh... So Leon already has a sizable AP gap in base, stack Werewolf strength amp, add Crimson Rite which amps his damage by quite a bit, then double that output with Blood Curse of The Marked...

That's a lot of damage, and while in werewolf form he's pretty much bloodlusted. He'll go for headshots or other vital areas.

She still scales up a bit from Marty, but eh I guess

upscales by 1 unquatifable amount, vs Leon who scales to Fireball (already much larger than Marty's feat), then stack on 2 unquatifiable amps and double that... I don't see your argument here.

Going for headshots don't mean much if she redirects the bullet back at him, considering that they should be able to hurt thugs like him anyways if he has the gun.

Jackythejack said:
Going for headshots don't mean much if she redirects the bullet back at him, considering that they should be able to hurt thugs like him anyways if he has the gun.
Headshots in terms of claws, whip, or sword. If he uses the gun he'll go for the legs to slow you down. He can aim good but he'd prefer to go for close range combat.

If he mostly goes for close range then he's going to have even more trouble as Hope could probably fun him down pretty well and easy. His whip doesn't have the same range as a gun after all...right?

She would probably just aim for the head specifically with most of her many shots. She's not aiming to slow or incapacitate, after all. If someone attacks her she wants them to generally be taken out quickly.

Ok, she aims for the head. He hears and sees it easily and dodges or deflects it. He's not gonna sit there and take it and he is armored. Like I said, she won't know this right off the bat but non-magical gun shots are NOT gonna do considerable damage.

If she starts the match already out of range of him, he can't close the gap because (lol no body stuff) and speed equal, and can't do anything about Hope's regen because being only to use gun and her just saying "lol nope" it's kind of a stomp.

I mean okay then even if we assume they aren't out of range she can still slow him down somewhat by shooting him in the leg yeah? It's not like bullets do no damage at all, and if she tries Also if he tries to dodge a bullet she can manipulate it to hit him again. It wouldn't be her immediate reaction but uh...yeah she'd do it if enough shots miss.

I mean doesn't this just boil down to her surviving for ten minutes? That seems...kinda likely considering all the things she can do to at least slow him down or stall.

So I'm not sure if she can, people can suffer really terrible hits and stil move at full speed in D&D. (Though that might be game mechanics... eh?) 20 minutes, he has two uses of it. He just needs to spread it apart. Even then, the fight would be slightly more fair. But Leon still has the feat gap + crimson rite which is an unquatifable amp to AP. Does she just have infinite bullets? If so then Leon can't really do anything then.

Ok, she moves it to hit him. Say it misses and it curves around, he'll hear it. If he can hear blades of grass move from faint wind, I'm pretty sure he can hear a bullet cut the wind. This still applies in his human form.

Then...what? She won't be able to hit him because she keeps dodging? Hearing a bullet can only do so much, especially if it's a sudden change in direction shortly after it misses. He might still be trying to avoid the first one by the time it changes direction.

also no not infinite but she likely has a speed reloaded on her or something to allow for easier reloading time.

I mean can he go from immediately one wolf form, to human, to wolf again?

True, he's gonna get hit a lot. I'm not denying that, but ones that hit the head or other vital areas are most likely the ones he'll focus on the most. So what I'm saying is that headshots and such are not gonna be like "bang bang, I win". Also don't forget the AP/Durability gap here. It's 3.4 times difference.

Right, that helps her a lot so she can run and gun.

He can go wolf, ten minutes pass and he is forced into a human. He can wait until he feels it's a good time to transform to catch her off guard or do it right off the bat to stop her from doing signifacant damage for another ten minutes. Afterwards he can't transform again.

Also healing potions will be a big help here.

It's getting late for me. I need sleep so I can go to work.

alright well good night my dude.

I personally feel like a health potion wouldn't mean much since it has to be drunk and Hope could likely just shoot whatever the health potion is contained in and wreck it completely. His wolf forms are difficult but I can see her finding a work around. It's not like her only plan would be to stand there and shoot. She's still gonna move around and make herself a hard target to hit.

Also in some cases he wouldn't know which ones are aimed for the head or vital organs. Technically she can move them around suddenly to be able to hit the head while making it look like it's going somewhere else. There's a lotta mind games here.

I'll leave you with what the Dungeon Master sent me when Leon (in human form) tried to listen in on sounds on two other rooms to show you his sense's precision. Good night.

Leon Senses

Do you understand why no one makes JoAT matches, now

I find feats or stuff about lore then everything yeets

This doesn't make the match in instant stomp. This does mean Hope is slightly stronger. Leon being ~ 0.07 tons vs Hope who is ~0.08 tons.

I would still argue Leon in werewolf form is stronger (just barely because of Werewolf amp + crimson rite) and Curse of the Marked still exist so he'll have a sizable gap with a x2 damage.

However now if Leon doesn't close the gap after his two transformations he'all be in big trouble. Leon's enhanced senses are still a thing and are extremely potent.

It's a thing, I feel like it should be mentioned on his profile that he's 9-A, Higher in werewolf form because I had no idea of that coming in and it's be good to know for next time.

However, yes, Leon is gonna be in trouble if he can't seal the deal shortly which...may or may not be possible. At this point I'm not sure, but I feel like both combatants have an equally good chance of doing so.

You know what yeah, it does seem like a toss up.

I'll go inconclusive for the facts Jacky and I have stated.

I'll jump onto me actually making a match eeven via my forkery for reasons above

Back