• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Honkai Impact Verse Overhaul

INTRODUCTION

I'm going to be clear about this: the state of Honkai Impact's profiles, pages, scaling and hax are genuinely terrible.

Having scrutinized multiple pages about the verse, several abilities attributed to characters or Honkai Energy are straight up unsubstantiated or come from highly-misinterpreted scans with zero context provided. It's to the point where I'm almost willing to call it outright wank, but I'll choose to give a little benefit of the doubt.

I have no idea how this has lasted for as long as it has, and why no one seems to have bothered to bring it up before now, but I can't stand it, so here I am, calling it out and announcing that it's going to be overhauled, one way or another.

MAJOR EXAMPLES

The Honkai Energy page attributes several abilities as being passive to Honkai energy, when this is flat-out false.
  • Corruption being able to affect bodies of information is linked to a scan that says nothing about Honkai affecting information, but rather only mentions "information" and "honkai" in the same sentence; with zero context as to what it means in a practical sense.
  • Disease Manipulation, specifically the manifestation of the Black Plague, being attributed to Honkai radiation despite it being a specific manifestation of Honkai created by the Honkai Gestalt.
  • No scans supporting absorption of Honkai energy from the atmosphere.
  • No scans of users actively using Honkai energy to enhance their bodies and weaponry.
  • "Perception Manipulation: Honkai energy can mess with perception" Source: trust me bro.
  • Corrosion Inducement. No scans.
  • Life Manipulation. No scans.
  • Don't even get me started on the nonsensical google-translated technobabble being used as scans to support higher-dimensional energy (which doesn't even make sense), information, chaos, abstract existence, nonexistence, existence erasure, conceptual manip, law manip, etc. The source of those scans have been properly translated, so it needs to be re-looked at instead of relying on one person drawing all kinds of crazy conclusions from a pile of whatever the hell this is.
  • Not even mentioning the fact that the page can't even seem to decide whether it's describing the passive effects of Honkai Energy, or its applications by those who can control it (many of the ones listed being specifically unique to certain people and should not be assumed to be consistent throughout all users).
The very low quality of profiles. Where do I even begin?
  • Little to no justifications on any abilities or resistances listed under Powers and Abilities. Most seem to be copy-pasted from earlier profiles and the profile creator didn't even put in the effort to explain why these characters have these abilities.
  • What scans are listed are of extremely low quality. What they say are barely comprehensible and sound as if they were thrown through google translate, and even when they are understandable from a grammatical view, there's no context explaining what's even going on to begin with, so the validity can't be properly scrutinized. This is a serious concern, because it looks to me like the entire verse's scaling is derived from these low-quality scans that barely say anything coherent or have enough context to reasonably be considered valid. The sheer implication of how much it would affect if these scans were even halfway-wrong would throw the entire verse into disarray and break the scaling in a dozen places.
  • Whoever made a bunch of these profiles seems to have decided to use their own terminology separate from the ones used officially by the source materials. For example, "Time Fracture" was replaced by "time delay function", "Honkai" is referred to by its literal translation "collapse" in several places, the Blade Durandal is referred to by what I can only assume is its CN name "Xiaoyou", Divine Keys are referred to as "God Keys" (not wrong, but still not the official term), and several other cases that only serve to make these profiles even more obscenely confusing than they already were with the shoddy formatting and crappy translated scans.
  • A serious number of AP justifications list calculations that are completely out of date. Just in Kiana's profile (y'know, the main character), her KMB key lists the ability to destroy Singapore as part of the justification for Low 6-B, despite the fact that the calc yielded 7-A. Wendy is just assumed to be superior to Avora despite her being a Herrscher for far less time, losing to far weaker characters, and having a feat that shouldn't even scale to her normal attacks due to being effectively a self-destruct move.

CONCLUSIONS

This verse needs to be overhauled from the ground-up. I don't care how tedious it sounds, because as far as I'm concerned, editing this mess to fix it would be way worse and take way more time than just tearing it all down and starting over with better information that we can know for sure is factual and of high-quality. Either way, leaving the profiles and pages as they are is not up for debate, because with how low the quality is, I'm almost certain it'd just be deleted from the wiki anyway the next time mods check around for low-quality verses to delete.

For those willing to help with overhauling the verse with properly-supported statistics and abilities, please join the revision server on discord, which is linked below.

Last edited:
Is the High 1-C AP justification fine? Some people argue it should not work
It is not. Every scan I've been given that is used to support High 1-C AP can be summed up with hax that does not have any reason to scale to AP. I even checked with Ultima and sent him scans just to confirm my misgivings.

At most I can see the Will of the Honkai and the cosmology as a whole scaling to it, but that's it. Regardless, this is a discussion to be had at a later point.

Anyway, I'll check back here in a day and see how many people agree to remaking every profile. Then I can ask Ant to "reset the verse", so to speak.

It is not. Every scan I've been given that is used to support High 1-C AP can be summed up with hax that does not have any reason to scale to AP. I even checked with Ultima and sent him scans just to confirm my misgivings.

At most I can see the Will of the Honkai and the cosmology as a whole scaling to it, but that's it. Regardless, this is a discussion to be had at a later point.
But higher dimensions having reality fiction interaction with lower ones is fine right?

They should be upgraded tbh, and yeah someone needs to just remake every profile
At most, I can see HoFS, Palatinus Equinox and God Otto reaching Low 2-C, but even that's pretty iffy. High 1-C hax is pretty iffy too, in general, since afaik there hasn't been a single case of anyone affecting the entire Sea of Quanta or similar.

But higher dimensions having reality fiction interaction with lower ones is fine right?
Considering it's outright stated, albeit in a metaphorical sense, I don't see why not.

It's just a matter of whether anyone in the cast actually scales to that tier in a physical sense.

We know the dimensional stuff is valid. And we also know the SoQ has 11 dimensions. That's all we know.

Again, the only point of contention is people scaling to the SoQ or Imaginary Space in their entirety. Which afaik no one does.

i never really understood why anyone scaled to 1-C in Honkai, but im all for an overhaul. I would love to help, but sadly i skipped literally all the story in honkai when playing through it

We know the dimensional stuff is valid. And we also know the SoQ has 11 dimensions. That's all we know.

Again, the only point of contention is people scaling to the SoQ or Imaginary Space in their entirety. Which afaik no one does.
No one at the moment scales to High 1-C anyways, outside of the potency of some haxes/resistences, the Will of Honkai, Welt and Durandal, so I don't see the problem with that.
But I agree that the profiles needs a rework. I will comment here later in the evening, but I was planning a revision to add all of the things of the 3 most recent chapters.

That mean majority of HI3rd will lost their higher dimensional hax in lower tier, right?
Pretty much, if I'm understanding you correctly. No one has hax that encompasses the entirety of the 11-D spaces in the verse, so there's no reason anyone should scale to that level. At best, the Honkai Gestalt scales, but no one scales to the Gestalt to begin with, anyway.

Pretty much, if I'm understanding you correctly. No one has hax that encompasses the entirety of the 11-D spaces in the verse, so there's no reason anyone should scale to that level. At best, the Honkai Gestalt scales, but no one scales to the Gestalt to begin with, anyway.
The gestalt exerts power over the entirety of the imaginary tree because its basically one of those principles of the world nd what not

• Wendy is just assumed to be superior to Avora despite her being a Herrscher for far less time, losing to far weaker characters, and having a feat that shouldn't even scale to her normal attacks due to being effectively a self-destruct move.
There is actually proof for this, Sirin's friends had only Pseudo-Cores while real one had the actual core's, and they could only use fraction of the powers actual Herrschers had. And yes, gem of desire which made Wendy a herrscher is included. And while it is entire power of Gem of Desire that can vaporise several cities, the Gem contains only fraction of the power the Herrscher has, so it should be no problem to have that scale to her normal stats.
But there are other things relating Wendy and Avrora that should be fixed, such as Avrora's storm calc which assumes she did it in an instant, when there are two days of difference between the time she started creating the storm and the time we see that scan shown in the calculation. Anyone scaling to Wendy is pretty iffy too, it was said that her power was equal to 2000HW, which is even stronger than Hyperion, which is obviously stronger than some A-Rank students.
So yes I think pages do require a lot of fixing.

There is actually proof for this, Sirin's friends had only Pseudo-Cores while real one had the actual core's, and they could only use fraction of the powers actual Herrschers had. And yes, gem of desire which made Wendy a herrscher is included. And while it is entire power of Gem of Desire that can vaporise several cities, the Gem contains only fraction of the power the Herrscher has, so it should be no problem to have that scale to her normal stats.
But there are other things relating Wendy and Avrora that should be fixed, such as Avrora's storm calc which assumes she did it in an instant, when there are two days of difference between the time she started creating the storm and the time we see that scan shown in the calculation. Anyone scaling to Wendy is pretty iffy too, it was said that her power was equal to 2000HW, which is even stronger than Hyperion, which is obviously stronger than some A-Rank students.
So yes I think pages do require a lot of fixing.
one of those links sends an image of "BEEMANGA"

the divine key scan is so poorly translated, ill see if i can find the cn text and ill translate it
"According to previous research results, dr. MEI deduced that the Honkai Energy within Herrschers exists within the Imaginary Space. And as for the Herrscher Core, it is a gateway to the Imaginary Space. The Honkai Energy within the cores themselves are only a small fraction of the Herrscher's Honkai Energy. Therfore, the power of Herrschers is comparable to the Divine Key's "0th power output", which consumes all of the Herrscher Cores energy, which takes at least 2 hours to refill. Meaning that Divine Keys are unable to continously launch powerful attacks like actual Herrschers."

"According to previous research results, dr. MEI deduced that the Honkai Energy within Herrschers exists within the Imaginary Space. And as for the Herrscher Core, it is a gateway to the Imaginary Space. The Honkai Energy within the cores themselves are only a small fraction of the Herrscher's Honkai Energy. Therfore, the power of Herrschers is comparable to the Divine Key's "0th power output", which consumes all of the Herrscher Cores energy, which takes at least 2 hours to refill. Meaning that Divine Keys are unable to continously launch powerful attacks like actual Herrschers."
Thanks for the translation. My point stands with this, as it means Wendy is continiously able to launch attacks as strong as all of Gem’s power.

Back