• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homer Tournament Arena Round 1 Homer vs Steve

Well. Frank didn't work out. Got through 4 threads before it did. So now for the Yellow Donut eater to take a shot at it

Speed is equal

They get their arsenals

And that's all. Who wins and why?

Homer Simpso:

Steve: 2

Steve via potions of strength, weakness, speed, decay and slowness, a shield to no-sell Homer's attacks and better healing.

I feel like homer should be able to shoot steve in the face in a quick draw way this would be in character and would work because steve's face is open even when he wears armor and this would be easier with the uzi he owns and he would be able to use this before steve can use anything like a potion or bow

Steve throws up his shield and negs that damage. Plus Steve can survive multiple shots to the head anyways.

Wait, why is that a thing? That sounds like taking advantage of game mechanics and making it an ability

Regardless. Doesn't Steve spawn away regardless? So he lost the fight and was removed from the field?

No, it's literally his 2-C self reviving him. It's canonically a thing.

Depends on where he last slept.

For stuff like Bloodborne we assume the respawn is in the battlefield so I don't see why we wouldn't assume the last slept position is in the battlefield.

What makes it canonical? I don't have an issue with it since I know characters like The Knight have done it. But what proves it is canon? Official statements or something?

The End Poem, it states that in the Minecraft world, Death is meaningless to the Player. Obviously referring to the respawn feature.

Oh. If it's meaningless to the player, shouldn't t only be on the players key. Not Steve's. Cause the player seems to have one. But this fight wasn't using the players key.

"Death being meaningless" obviously refers to the respawn feature, as he can easily respawn from death.

"The Player" as an entity doesn't appear in the Minecraft world, so it obviously can't be referring to him.

Steve has it.

That would be the player who has it. It's not Steve's own ability to do that. It's the player doing it.

Or shouldn't be in it though. It should be in The Players Key. Not Steve's key. It's The Players Ability. Not Steve's ability. The player is who does it. Thus it's their ability.

Bob8999 said:
dude it's literally in his 9-A key if you have a problem with it, you can make a CRT.
otherwise dont argue with a profile, its like yelling at a wall, its stupid, pointless, and makes you look like a crazy douchebag. (a metaphor to make a point not literal.)

Ahh. So you want to start using those words on me. Yea. How dare I point out an issue I see in something from what you told me.

"The End Poem, it states that in the Minecraft world, Death is meaningless to the Player"

AKA. The Player. A key separate to Steve. And I brought up why is it in Steve's Profile if its the players ability who is separate from Steve as a person. And I was simply bringing up why would it be on Steve's if it specified the player. Which again: we have an entirely different key for.

Yea. I'm clearly a crazy douchebag. Totally not irrational to start pulling words like that out

"Sometimes the player dreamed it was a miner, on the surface of a world that was flat, and infinite. The sun was a square of white. The days were short; there was much to do; and death was a temporary inconvenience."

It's referring to Steve.

If you had other quotes. You should have you know, showed them. Because that's all I was wanting to see. I wanted to see Why Steve himself had the ability. The ability itself wasn't the issue. I specifically brought that up. The quote I saw wasn't enough to justify it being steve. It made sense it was The Player, since we have a key for them, and it specified the Player. It didn't imply Steve, it implied The Player and called them that. They were doing it. And not start throwing out insulting word. All I wanted and asked for was the proof on why it's steves ability. Cause the first quote you showed said The Player, who specifically has their own key.

im not saying you are a crazy douchebag and im not the one getting agitated over a fictional character, im saying argueing with a digital line of text is pointless, if it bothers you that much, do something, make a crt, talk to a mod, ask someone knowledgeable about minecraft, ask about it on the question's and answer's board, do something, we cant change it without permission, and your seriously derailing the thread which could get it closed, talking about it here does nothing, is pointless, is stupid and is equivilent to yelling at a wall,

Buttersamuri said:
Wait, why is that a thing? That sounds like taking advantage of game mechanics and making it an ability
Technically, the respawn ability was a thing by default of Minecraft gameplay without modifying the setting (including the mode): It's survival mode with respawn by default. Even a noob in Minecraft or so-called Minecraft veterans would have disagree with your argument if you told them "Respawn isn't an ability" they'll get mad at you.

Say have you completed the Minecraft? Or you haven't read of it? Do you know Mobestiary?

Well respawn ability has been discussed MULTIPLE TIMES and it's tiring wtf?!

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2194710

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1368636

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3253003

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2390909

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/389997

PLEASE DON'T BRING IT UP AGAIN! I'M BEGGING YOU! MY EYES ARE BLEEDING READING RESPAWN ABILITY DEBATE ALL OVER AGAIN!

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh04binv1bQ

Hey. Here's the amazing little thing. Look at those threads and the comments. do you happen to see me in any of them? No? Do you know why? Because I haven't seen the dang things. Surprisingly. Not everyone on the dang wiki has seen the thread about Steve abilities. So not everyone is going to know about every discussion about this and that on him. So cool your jets.

"Technically, the respawn ability was a thing by default of Minecraft gameplay without modifying the setting (including the mode): It's survival mode with respawn by default. Even a noob in Minecraft or so-called Minecraft veterans would have disagree with your argument if you told them "Respawn isn't an ability" they'll get mad at you."

This here reason alone is not enough. And had this been the only reason. That's game mechanic as hell. Statements or lore that brings it up as canon is proof. This paragraph right here is just "Well. You revive without changing the settings so that means it isn't game mechanic". When that's a horrible reason considering that's basically every game ever that does that. But it's all game mechanics. My point was your reasoning alone was not viable at all. And heck, just playing wrong. Most people who play Minecraft without knowing the lore would call it a game mechanic.

and on a related note, doesn't his mid regen take days? if so, homer would be long gone from the battlefield by then

Back