• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

+++ 9-A Swiss style Tournament: Breaking conventions +++: Round 1; Match 11: Marcy Wu vs Homer Simpson

This is a 10-round Swiss-style tournament!!! (Link to Tournament page)
Round 1; Match 11: Marcy Wu vs Homer Simpson
🇨🇭 in Geneva of course 🇨🇭

1920px-Geneve_2005_001_Ork.ch.jpg

Match Rules:
  • Speed is equalized
  • All optional equipment is allowed that is up to 9-A
  • Takes place in the center of Gevena at Sunrise
  • 70 meters starting distance
  • No Prep nor Prior Knowledge
  • The city is abandoned for these matches so no outside help
  • BFR, Death Manip, and other passive One-Shot Hax have been mostly banned
  • For more info go to the main Tournament page
Characters
Attack Potency
Votes
0.102 Tons of TNT0
Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)0.15 Tons of TNT2: Da3ggman; Adem_Warlock69
Inconclusive0

Last edited:
Voting Homer on this one. As much as I like Marcy, she just gets countered hard by a majority of Homer's kit. Acrobatics? He's got it too. Crossbow? He can regenerate from it instantly. Fire arrows? He has fire resistance. Smoke Arrows? He's got enhanced senses. Stinkshrooms? He's got poison resistance. Explosion Potion? He's got extreme heat resistance for the explosion and elasticity for the force. Light Manipulation? He has enhanced e\senses unrelated to sight. Almost all her options for dealing with him at range are a no go, so she has to get up close and personal with the guy who has an AP advantage and a 20x lifting strength advantage. She's ******.

Also, Homer has like, 3 different types of immortality and Low-Mid Regeneration. I honestly think he should be removed from the tournament.

I don't know... With all those advantages this feels pretty stompy. Does Marcy even have a single wincon?
I don't know tbh. The only real thing that he doesn't counter is her Plant manip, but since it works by squeezing the target, he should be able to easily overpower it with his superior lifting strength.

Also, Homer has like, 3 different types of immortality and Low-Mid Regeneration. I honestly think he should be removed from the tournament.
Type 2 doesn't help in a vs setting since it only gives him the ability to live forever. Type three is due to his Regen in conjunction with his type 2, which can be bypasses by a high enough AP advantage/Dura Negation. Type 4 literally just has him respawn as a baby, so it's not combat applicable.

Edit: I had a brain fart on Type 4. He actually has it because his soul can go back in hid body. However, if his body is too damaged, he can't come back.

Last edited:
type 2 just means stuff that normally kills a human will just harm them but they still can die though from high AP attacks and once your out of tier 9 it's basically nonexistent

type 3 you just need Dura neg which at least 1/3rd here have

type 4 he can resurrect if his soul gets back to his body ... but that's if his body doesn't get destroyed or his soul isn't destroyed

Soul attacks negate the type 4 easily so he won't resurrect and if you have the ability to destroy the body ... it works the same way as well

Back