• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Holy mami doppel
Holy Mami & Florence

KenshiroLostParadiseRender
Kenshiro

● Speed unequalized (both are massively hypersonic)

● Start 10 meters away from each other

● Both in 6-C forms (Kenshiro does not, or is not able to use Tenryü Kokyü Hō)

Honestly, because of the absurd number of Jojo x Madoka material I've seen/read, I wanted to do a vs battle with them, but nothing seemed to work. So I thought, why not have one of them face another overly muscular character from 80's Shonen Manga, and that of course led me to Kenshiro.

Of course, Kenshiro presented another problem, because he's 6-C, while most of the Madoka girls are relegated to 7-B. Of the 6-C characters I could think of, Kazumi was out since I didn't really like her, and I also was a bit against Tart due to her insane durability that might make this fight turn into another Ruler vs Tart scenario. Anyway, with that I decided to settle on Holy Mami with Florence. Because I'm a fan of the idea of mid-range fighters duking it out with close range ones.

This fight is a bit biased in Mami's favor since Ken cannot use the Tenryü Kokyü Hō, and it starts with a good distance between them. But I don't think it'd be much of a fight unless that was the case, though if anyone can prove me wrong, maybe we can consider changing the restriction on the Tenryü Kokyü Hō.

I'm more knowledgable about the Madoka Magica series, so I'll offer some arguments here and there for points made with regards to Mami, how I think she'd fight, and any advantages/disadvantages she might have.

Votes:

Mami:

Kenshiro:

Being an abstract existence, shouldn't she be able to harm other abstract existence? She fights Witches (I'm aware not all are abstract existences, but I doubt all of them aren't) on the regular, and it seems weird to think she wouldn't be able to harm something that she herself is.

What's your point? If you mean that, Ken is not an abstract existence, in Muso Tensei he's literally in state nonexistence.

It wasn't that, just positing that I found it strange that she couldn't harm Kenshiro because of this, seeing as other Magical Girls were able to harm Holy Mami.

Mami mindhaxed gg.

Ken's resistance ain't good enough to shrug off the mindhax on Mami's level based on his profile.

Also, the last thread was actually in Mami favor, dunno why it got closed.

Yes. Makes him undo the Musho Tensei or just makes him standing there for 24 hours and Mami wins.

I don't see anything that indicating he immune to his own attack in his profile. He only resists poison, heat chi Draining, precog and mind manip.

Is that what she does in character? Only watched the anime (where she got her head separated in third episode), I have no idea what she does in this version

Don't characters have to be in a bit of a bad place to fall under the effects of a Witch's Kiss or such? Or is it just that they're more effective against characters in such a state?

Like, when Homura fell under the effects of one, she felt like complete trash, and the Witch just worked to further amplify those feelings.

The factory worker also was depressed about his factory getting closed, and it seems hinted that Hitomi was a bit stressed from the workload put on her.

Leafbladie said:
Don't characters have to be in a bit of a bad place to fall under the effects of a Witch's Kiss or such? Or is it just that they're more effective against characters in such a state?
Like, when Homura fell under the effects of one, she felt like complete trash, and the Witch just worked to further amplify those feelings.

The factory worker also was depressed about his factory getting closed, and it seems hinted that Hitomi was a bit stressed from the workload put on her.
No it doesn't.

If you're talking about Megane Homura before she became magical girl, then no. She didn't get mindhax at all. She just stumbled upon a witch labyrinth, nothing indicating she got mindhaxed since the witch kiss always leaves some marks on the victims body.

Sorry, it's just that Mami mentioned that Witches liked to take residence at places where people were weak and/or miserable such as hospitals and stuff. The implication seemed to be that they were easier prey to manipulate

Randomlamdom said:
Doppels only last for a minute or so, so she can't mind manip him for long
Someone already mentioned the Mami Rumor thing, but in addition Holy Mami is able to spam her doppel like crazy, and this is supported both in story and by in game logic.

Back