• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hollow Knight somewhat big CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ability Additions

Spirits/Warrior Dreams

Immortality: Type 1

The seer directly states dreams are endless in lifespan, in which spirits are directly to be.

Seer: "A dream is endless, but a Kingdom is not."

Seer: "Sometimes dreams take the shape of those who have passed away."

Seer: "No dream can hide itself from you now. You can peer into the darkest places... You just need to find the right crack. What will you do with such a power, Wielder? Whose memories will you hunt down?"

Dialogue from the dream bosses also somewhat solidifies this.

Xero

“Stop there! Those who try to leave this kingdom are cursed. Better to rest here, until time itself sleeps.”

Soul Tyrant

In my dreams I could see it. The Kingdom's salvation, the cure for the plague... the answer was in the soul that animates our bodies.
But the King... why?! He opposed everything I did...

His jealousy... his madness... by standing against me he robbed me of my immortality!

Now the King and his Kingdom are dead... but I... will live forever.

Minor Light Manipulation

Spirits are made of essence and can seemingly ‘radiate’ it. This essence has been stated to be fragments of light themselves which have a similar light to the radiance and can be used to fuel the dream nail.

Seer: "The folk of my tribe were born from a light. Light similar to Essence, similar to that powerful blade, though much brighter still."

"Essence... the precious fragments of light that dreams are made of."

Seer: "Essence can be found wherever dreams take root."

“Seer: So much Essence... So bright.... You truly are the Wielder my tribe so long has dreamed of.”

Infected
All infected characters should get some type of Corruption (Type 3), via seemingly being able to spread the infection through the air.

The Hunter

Possible resistance to Corruption
Resists the influence of the radiance, simple enough.

“I have felt that desire. The desire to take the infection into myself. To become stronger, more powerful... these thoughts haunt my dreams during the darkest times. A false hope, but it can burn so brilliantly in one's mind.”

Also keep in mind he has eaten infected bugs before with seemingly no consequences.

Rewrites

This is the really big stuff, so input on this would be much appreciated.

The Knight

Hollow Knight

Ability Removals

False Knight’s earth manipulation should be removed, it isn’t directly manipulating the rock/dirt just hitting the ground and causing debris to fall down because of that.

I'm not sure if Mace Mastery could be given to it either, as it's just a seemingly untrained maggot in a giant suit of armor flailing the mace all over the place in the fight.

Source Stuff:

Last edited:
I agree with everything except void manip, it's just energy projection, if not then darkness manip at best, tho are there any statement of shade being non-corporeal because that would give the knight and any one who scale to him NPI, it would also give those that can fight as shade non-corporeality.

I agree with everything except void manip, it's just energy projection, if not then darkness manip at best
Understandable, fixed

tho are there any statement of shade being non-corporeal because that would give the knight and any one who scale to him NPI, it would also give those that can fight as shade non-corporeality.

Actually yeah, they can pass through walls without issue

From what I can kind there are no statements saying that shades are non-corporeal. Passing through walls seem rather solid, but that would probably grant Intangibility rather than non-corporeality, still would probably grant NPI for anyone who has fought a shade, though.

All looks good except stealth. Stealing the stuff of someone who's sleeping isn't too impressive.

I also don't think HK Void qualifies for our standards of Void, it's obviously a supernatural substance but it still seems physical in nature to me

All looks good except stealth. Stealing the stuff of someone who's sleeping isn't too impressive.
Fair, I feel stealing a great knights armor off his body should grant at least some limited form of stealth mastery no?, its not like it's some item either its a whole set of armor the maggot stole

I also don't think HK Void qualifies for our standards of Void, it's obviously a supernatural substance but it still seems physical in nature to me
Mhm, void seemingly fits more into darkness manip more than anything else the more I think about it.

Last edited:
Looks good. Agree with everything. The Knight's P&A's section needs to be a little more organized, like the Resistances being all under the same umbrella instead of divided in the middle of the powers, and at put at the end.

I agree, this is pretty straightforward.

Personally, there's still stuff that I'd add. Besides, there were some things from a previous CRT that I thought were accepted but weren't?

I mean, there was this speed amp to Supersonic thanks to the Crystal Heart looking very much like a sonic boom and characters fully reacting to it, and if we stretch things a bit, there are plenty of times that can be excused as a simple trope of fighting, but they create shockwaves when dashing and react to shockwaves of things hitting the ground very hard.

Yeah, I guess I'll throw my own agreement in the mix. I think giving ghosts type 1 is a little weird, but whatever. Also, should just about every sane character get resistance to Corruption and Mind Manip?

Looks good. Agree with everything. The Knight's P&A's section needs to be a little more organized, like the Resistances being all under the same umbrella instead of divided in the middle of the powers, and at put at the end.
Understandable, fixed

I agree, this is pretty straightforward.

Personally, there's still stuff that I'd add. Besides, there were some things from a previous CRT that I thought were accepted but weren't?

I mean, there was this speed amp to Supersonic thanks to the Crystal Heart looking very much like a sonic boom and characters fully reacting to it, and if we stretch things a bit, there are plenty of times that can be excused as a simple trope of fighting, but they create shockwaves when dashing and react to shockwaves of things hitting the ground very hard.
I feel those feats should be calced first, probably would make a separate thread for that idk.

Go ahead

That said I now have my disagreements against Crystal Dash breaking the sound barrier, it just makes a quiet whoosh and the effect it makes can likely be chalked to the animators making the effect like that just cause it looks cool, or just dust being pushed off if you wanna go that way

Meh, it's just that they likely weren't exposed to the Infection, it makes no sense for fodder bugs to be immune to it
But fodder bugs aren't immune to it? All the NPC's the Knight encounters show some measure mental fortitude, are experienced warriors, or actively shack off the mental effects of the infection. The only exception is Myla who does fall to the infection later in the game.

But fodder bugs aren't immune to it? All the NPC's the Knight encounters show some measure mental fortitude, are experienced warriors, or actively shack off the mental effects of the infection. The only exception is Myla who does fall to the infection later in the game.
So, just to clarify, you think that:

• Millibelle
  • Salubra
  • Leg Eater
  • The crowd in the Colosseum of Fools
  • The Nailsmith
  • Lemm
  • The Last Stag
  • Cornifer
  • The Grubs
  • And Zote
All have more mental fortitude or are more experienced warriors than:
  • Sly (An actually experienced and very skilled warrior)
  • Hive Knight (A being completely devoted to protecting his queen)
  • Soul Warriors (Again, trained warrior who knew the infection much more than the average bug)
  • Uumuu (A guardian created or chosen by Monomon specifically to guard the Archives)
  • The Lost Kin (A failed attempt at a being meant to contain the Infection)
  • The Hollow Knight (A barely failed attempt at a being meant to contain the Infection)
Not only that but when a creature is immune to the infection, it's apparently something quite noteworthy: "This odd creature is unaffected by and unaware of the disease drifting through the caverns. Its madness is all its own." (Pale Lurker)

There are some beings that are fair to assume being able to resist the Infection, such as The Hunter.

But even Sly was in the process of getting infected and dominated when you find him. (Note the infection effects taking over)

I could probably come up with arguments for each of those characters, but I won't cause they'd be poor and likely wouldn't convince anyone anyway.
I was more referring to characters we already have on the wiki that aren't infected. Several characters mention being absentminded recently but still retain their sanity.

I could probably come up with arguments for each of those characters, but I won't cause they'd be poor and likely wouldn't convince anyone anyway.
I was more referring to characters we already have on the wiki that aren't infected. Several characters mention being absentminded recently but still retain their sanity.
Do they? I'm interested

• Oh, I'm sorry. Ignore me, I'm being foolish. If I'm not careful I'll sink down into old memories and won't ever come back again.
A line from Dung Defender about losing himself in memories. Both Sly and Bretta were babbling about old memories when the Knight found them before snapping back to thee present.

Oh wait, do you think Bretta has enough for a page?

• Oh, I'm sorry. Ignore me, I'm being foolish. If I'm not careful I'll sink down into old memories and won't ever come back again.
A line from Dung Defender about losing himself in memories. Both Sly and Bretta were babbling about old memories when the Knight found them before snapping back to thee present.
It's definitely fine for DD then, but he's still a fairly unique bug considering his backstory- and even then he makes it clear he's not fully immune to it. I wouldn't scale it to everyone.
Oh wait, do you think Bretta has enough for a page?
Prolly not, she has no combat stuff

who will be getting a resistance to corruption then? just dung defender or sly as well?

Last edited:
You know, other than Dream Zote.
I mean, that's just a dream, and we currently put GPZ in Zote's profile, right?
who will be getting a resistance to corruption then? just dung defender or sly as well?
Only poopman, Sly was falling victim to it and the Knight had to wake him out of it before it was too late. Even then the dung defender notes that it might take him over so that should be noted.

ooooh, yea he is already in the zote profile

Considering the stuff on this thread has been added already, should this be closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back