• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hollow Knight enemies tier changes + some ability additions CRT thing

Fodder enemies should be 10-C unless shown otherwise, They are bugs which usually have no other feats other than hurting the knight which can be treated as game mechanics.

Enemies that deal 2 masks of damage can be considered 9-B, they are clearly trying to convey that they are way more of a threat to the knight than other enemies.

first key for the aspids should become 10-C but the primal aspid should get a '10-C possibly higher' for the reason that they are far stronger than there counterparts. Belfly should stay 9-B but have there durability change to 10-C for the reason that they have a lower health value than a tiktik.

Zote's first key should be about 10-C as well, hes pretty much fodder and cant even hurt the knight.

Ability Additions​

The enemies/bosses that shoot/emit infected attacks should get some type Acid Manipulation Corrosion Inducement

Aspid Entry

"Bests its prey by spitting corrosive liquid. Often hunts in packs."

Volatile Mosskin Entry

"The gas that seeps from their growths smells invitingly sweet, but it will burn through shell and flesh if you get too close!"

Slobbering Husk Entry

"The body of a bug, completely consumed by infection. Spits corrosive liquid."

As per usual my apologies for the grammar

Last edited:
I think the primal aspids should stay at a solid 10-C, they're dangerous to the hunter cause of the acid they spit and the fact that they have the hardest projectile pattern known to man. Agree with everything else.

I think the primal aspids should stay at a solid 10-C, they're dangerous to the hunter cause of the acid they spit and the fact that they have the hardest projectile pattern known to man. Agree with everything else.
fair. they are stronger than the regular aspid, though

yeah but like, they're still insects, they're not getting out of 10-C unless we find some fodder feat they could scale to- Maybe there's some enemies that bust a small portion of floor or something

Yeah, but it might push them higher into it than they'd otherwise be.

1. On the Radiance's profile, I gave the infection Empowerment because there is mention of the infection strengthening those afflicted with it. That's the main reason why the Traitor Mantises gave into the infection's influence. I think it justifies 9-B enemies, personally.
  2. I hesitent to give every minor enemy acid manip considering The Knight is basically immune to acid via Isma's Tear. On the other hand, we have Corrosion Inducement and the quotes you provided all mention corrosion.
  3. So, Radiance never heals herself in her boss fight and what you linked doesn't actually say all Higher Beings can heal.

1. On the Radiance's profile, I gave the infection Empowerment because there is mention of the infection strengthening those afflicted with it. That's the main reason why the Traitor Mantises gave into the infection's influence. I think it justifies 9-B enemies, personally.
Im pretty sure crawlids, vengeflies and fodder enemies like that shouldn't be 9-B though, even though they are powered by the infection the only thing that can be argued for them to be 9-B is scaling to the knight which can be considered game mechanics as mentioned above, They dont even have any feats other than that in game iirc, with most of the fodder enemies being considered fairly weak by the hunter.

Crawlid Journal Entry
"Dull and pathetic. Hardly worth killing."

Vengefly Journal Entry

"This fierce little hunter will bravely chase down creatures many times its size. Admirable! It is weak though, and I have devoured hundreds of them with little effort or care."

Wandering Husk Journal Entry

"These "civilised" bugs of Hallownest were weak in life and now they are equally weak in death. Send them back into the dirt they were born in!"

Leaping Husk Journal Entry

"The bugs of old Hallownest did not hunt their own food, they had it brought to them. That's why they were so weak. That's why their kingdom crumbled into dust and faded away!"

Husk Dandy Journal Entry

"It seems the weakest, greediest members of Hallownest were also the ones who exerted the most influence. Truly a Kingdom that was always destined for ruin."

Mosscreep Journal Entry

"Weakling that covers itself in leaves to appear larger. Hides amongst the undergrowth."

2. I hesitent to give every minor enemy acid manip considering The Knight is basically immune to acid via Isma's Tear. On the other hand, we have Corrosion Inducement and the quotes you provided all mention corrosion.
I totally forgot corrosion inducement existed lol, yea I can see how that fits better.

3. So, Radiance never heals herself in her boss fight and what you linked doesn't actually say all Higher Beings can heal.
Usually focusing soul can heal the user, otherwise she should get some type of ability though, if not healing than perhaps some type of soul manipulation?

Last edited:
Just cause they're fueled by a 9-B source doesn't mean that fodder enemies are 9-B. Let's take a step back and consider these are literal insects we're talking about, eh?

The Radiance never heals herself cause she's fighting a being made of void that has no soul to drain.

• Higher beings, these words are for you alone. Your great strength marks you among us. Focus your soul and you shall achieve feats which others can only dream.
  • Collect SOUL by striking enemies. Once enough SOUL is collected, Hold R to focus SOUL and Heal.
This is your justification for giving Radiance healing, right? Half of that is just an in-game tutorial and the rest is just saying that the Knight is a higher being and can do some cool shit. The only connection to the Radiance is that she is a higher being. This doesn't even say that all higher beings can heal, just the Knight. No other enemy even has healing abilities iirc. This is pretty weak and is almost on the level of being wank imo.

I'm fine with adding Corrosion to infected enemies profiles. The pages that should get it are, The Radiance's first Key, Nosk, the Broken Vessel, Belfly, and Aspid as they are the only pages we have that actively weaponize the Infection.

Unless you plan on making a Tiktik page, I'm not actually sure if this is really gonna be a problem. Do we need pages for the most fodder of fodder enemies in the game?

Now do you all mind if I add something to this revision? Nosk needs some mention of the flying variant you fight in Godhome.

• Higher beings, these words are for you alone. Your great strength marks you among us. Focus your soul and you shall achieve feats which others can only dream.
  • Collect SOUL by striking enemies. Once enough SOUL is collected, Hold R to focus SOUL and Heal.
This is your justification for giving Radiance healing, right? Half of that is just an in-game tutorial and the rest is just saying that the Knight is a higher being and can do some cool shit. The only connection to the Radiance is that she is a higher being. This doesn't even say that all higher beings can heal, just the Knight. No other enemy even has healing abilities iirc. This is pretty weak and is almost on the level of being wank imo.
I dont think they are referring to the knight exclusively, the tablet says higher beings not 'the knight, these words are for you alone' or smthn like that. No other enemy can heal cause none of the enemies are higher beings iirc. I can see what you mean though, if not some type of healing than perhaps some type of soul manipulation as said above could work?
Unless you plan on making a Tiktik page, I'm not actually sure if this is really gonna be a problem. Do we need pages for the most fodder of fodder enemies in the game?
I feel 10-C goes for most of the enemies, the current enemy profiles should get the tier change imo, zote's first key as well probably.

I think some fodder enemies can warrant a profile, some of them have some notable abilities and stuff.

Now do you all mind if I add something to this revision? Nosk needs some mention of the flying variant you fight in Godhome.
Sure, Perhaps we could add a tabber for summoning and flight.

if not some type of healing than perhaps some type of soul manipulation as said above could work?
I guess, but what? At best the phrasing grants other Higher Beings the ability to Focus SOUL, but to what ends? It all just seems like stretching to me. Besides the Radiance is broken enough with some unspecified soul manip.

That aside, what's the revision looking like now? Add corrosion to a few pages, downgrade a couple more and giving Nosk wings? Did I miss something?

I guess, but what? At best the phrasing grants other Higher Beings the ability to Focus SOUL, but to what ends? It all just seems like stretching to me. Besides the Radiance is broken enough with some unspecified soul manip.
Fair
That aside, what's the revision looking like now? Add corrosion to a few pages, downgrade a couple more and giving Nosk wings? Did I miss something?
Na you didn't miss anything, your spot on lol

Back