• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hits timestop

Goku was able to move in Hit's stopped time even though it was for only 0.5 seconds.

Does this mean that other characters who are as fast as Goku or faster in a different manga/anime or comic book verse can do the same thing?

If this is so then does this apply to any other verse with a character that can timestop or does this stipulation or rule only apply to Hit's timestop?

For instance can God Cloth Seiya only use speed to bypass Dio Brando or Dimaria Yesta's timestop.

Nah, Goku seems to have some resistance in that form, though they haven't explained it yet

Wasn't it about that power>hax thing exclusive to DB? Which is why Hit was able to eventually refreeze Goku in time?

The real cal howard said:
Wasn't it about that power>hax thing exclusive to DB? Which is why Hit was able to eventually refreeze Goku in time?
Yes.

If your weaker then Goku then he will resiste the time stop however if you are stronger than him he will be stopped because of verse equalization.

This topic again huh, no goku just seems to have a resistance to hit's timestop and it isn't even useful against other verses because it's a specific resistance to a .5 sec timestop not an indefinite one which most verses tend to have, this is evident by how goku couldn't move after hit again increased his time stop.

As for seiya, saint seiya is different, raising your cosmos can allow you to break out of hax and gold cloth saints have already resisted timestops so it wouldn't work on him.

@CP Well if we go by the manga (I now secondary canon), Time stop was stated to be directly countered if your opponent is stronger than you which is consistent with what was shown in the anime.

That leads to two outcomes one, the fact that hit's timeskip could not work on stronger opponents means his timeskip is crap and not a true timeskip because hax should work regardless of how strong your opponent is unless the opponent has resistance.

Two, people will begin to argue that because goku is stronger than his opponent no matter what hax they have it won't work on him, when he hasn't shown any resistance to it which would be an NLF.

I think it's a better conclusion to say that goku only has resistance to hit's specific 0.5 sec timestops so we don't get NLF's.

Well most hax in DB is limited in some way and people already NFL Goku without that being on his profile.

And in most cases Power>Hax in DB, Super Buu vs Vegito is a prime example of that, I obviously agree we should regulate it to only things that are shown such as the time stop as just saying all hax pertains to this rule is wank beyond wank.

To be honest either way i'm fine with it.

1)Hit has normal time stop but Goku has crappy resistance

2)Hit has crappy time stop but Goku has resistance

That Saint seiya thing was only an example. For that example I'm not talking about them raising their cosmos otherwise of course they can overcome it. I was meaning can seiya overcome the timestop with just speed not cosmos.

Well anyway there must be a rule that pertains to Hit's ability otherwise any character who is massively ftl plus and is faster than Goku can bypass it. We will have to wait and see.

RadicalMrR said:
To be honest either way i'm fine with it.

1)Hit has normal time stop but Goku has crappy resistance

2)Hit has crappy time stop but Goku has resistance

Is it really about resistance or is it about how fast Goku is in relation to the timestop? Because Goku did say he was faster than the timestop until the timestop kept increasing.

Its hax resistance because if Goku had done it through sheer speed he would have infinite speed.

Basically it moves the thread up the 1 one for whatever topic the thread under, making it easier for people to find.

I'd contribute it to a brainfart from the author. It's not like they do research on how things work when time stops, he probably thought that it made sense like that and went with it.

Saying Goku has resistance to timestop is stretching it, he's never shown any kind of hax nor hax resistance. Until we get further details, it's just a "possible timestop resistance", though it's very unlikely it will happen again with other opponents.

TBH what's really baffling to me is not the timestop resistance or Hit's limited timestop, as Dragonball usually defaults to raw power>hax so that fights are simpler and more direct. What's weird is that prior to that Goku tries to counter Hit's timestop by "predicting his next move"... and it works.

Think about it for a second. At that point Goku can't move in the timestop, so he has to move to counter/block before Hit activates his timestop. Which means that Hit, the best assassin of his universe and a fighter with hundreds of years of experience, activates his timestop, sees Goku frozen in time in a counter/block position, and walks right into it for no reason instead of simply thinking to himself "Huh, nice instincts", then changing his mind and attacking from any other angle where Goku is completely open. It's literally the equivalent of getting beat up by an unmoving statue. I know that the show tries to spin it as Goku being that good at fighting, but it just makes Hit a moron for those few moments as he punches Goku in the arms and walks into kicks.

Even with precognition Hit would see what Goku is trying to do whenever he time stops. There's literally no in-universe reason for the prediction tactic to work beyond Hit continuing to move into counters despite seeing that he's going to get kicked or punched a mile away. But given what happens later with the Kaoiken, maybe Toriyama doesn't fully understand how a time stop works.

^Well in the author's defense, it's not like they do research on this type of stuff, a crap ton of animes have ******** interpretations of different situations. I don't believe they really care about power level, destruction capability and the like, they just go with what looks cool and attracts viewers.

Oh, don't take me wrong, tons of other series screw up basic stuff like this, this isn't even at the level of Railgun anime filler and its railgun beam clash. I'ts just a weird scene before a decent fight.

Back